Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
That is a non-US leak so it may or may not apply to the US models. @Carmaker1 insider contacts say an alleged TTV6 is possible for the US.
Thanks, but it wasn't my insiders. It was this guy back in January, who one of my insiders "blindly" chastised ironically and chooses to be vague concerning V35A himself... (dismissed the December 2022 event for both US+CAN dealers as non-existent, definitely did happen as both 920B TRD PRO and US/CAN LC were shown together per other reliable sources.)

I don't really like commenting on the 2024 Land Cruiser J250 (or J240?) engines, because it is too inconsistent. With GX and 4Runner I have confidently commented, not Land Cruiser. I've heard way too much, so I'm not going to confirm anything as fact if there's no consistency. T24A and T24A iFM I've heard about for many months in relation to US/CAN LC, until I saw that Tundras.com post and became skeptical of I4-only.

I'm not saying anything nor asking those questions anymore, if I can just find out at reveal. A lot of these Toyota insiders clam up from too many invasive questions, so I'll be leaving 'em alone and not pissing off any.

We'll see overall, as that's all I have to say about this matter publicly going forward and anything else TNGA-F.:sneaky:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If the US Landcruiser is revealed, so should the European one? In Europe it is not called Prado since the LC200 stopped selling.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
So maybe Land Cruiser is just a direct copy of the Prado? That front end lines up with the Land Cruiser teasers so far.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I like it. It looks like a modern interpretation of the 62 series. The front end is definitely more boxy than I would’ve expected, and it’s a nice departure from the large mouth bass looking front that the 4Runner has. I hope the new bronze color from the Tacoma makes it to the LC. That would look stellar.

Maybe the interior will look better than the GX. 😁

So maybe Land Cruiser is just a direct copy of the Prado? That front end lines up with the Land Cruiser teasers so far.

I think you’re right. I could see some variation in the lights, but overall, I suspect this is the Prado.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

what else can it be? But they always had different powertrains for different parts of the world.

LC150 used to have V6 I believe in some markets, in Europe it was sold lately as 2.8 diesel anyway.

If anything, 4cly turbo is new option for most markets.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
what else can it be? But they always had different powertrains for different parts of the world.

LC150 used to have V6 I believe in some markets, in Europe it was sold lately as 2.8 diesel anyway.

If anything, 4cly turbo is new option for most markets.

Many of the renders showed different front ends - more traditional for Prado, more retro for US Land Cruiser - but it looks like they might just be the same.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Many of the renders showed different front ends - more traditional for Prado, more retro for US Land Cruiser - but it looks like they might just be the same.
Europe and US press teasers got the same front. To tell it in few words, US will for the first time get the Prado that the rest of the world had, the new one will have a radically different styling compared to previous gen, all the rest is marketing hype. Can’t wait to see if Europe gets a new Diesel.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Europe and US press teasers got the same front. To tell it in few words, US will for the first time get the Prado that the rest of the world had, the new one will have a radically different styling compared to previous gen, all the rest is marketing hype. Can’t wait to see if Europe gets a new Diesel.

kind of feels like boxier J120 in the sense of J80.

I dont know what can Europe get if not 2.8 diesel. I guess some parts will get 2.4l turbo BUT that used to be Ukraine and Russia where they used to assemble Prado (not anymore).