Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
render

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13-18-35 All-New 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Next Generation Spacious SUV E...png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13-18-35 All-New 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Next Generation Spacious SUV E...png
    968.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13-19-08 All-New 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Next Generation Spacious SUV E...png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13-19-08 All-New 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Next Generation Spacious SUV E...png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
As far as drivetrains go, maybe we will see something like this?

North America:
3.5 TT V6
2.4 T Hybrid

Europe, Japan, and UAE
2.8 diesel
2.4 T hybrid

Southeast Asia:
2.8 diesel
2.4 T (non hybrid)
2.7 (if rumors of 2.7 continuing on are true)

Australia and New Zealand
2.8 diesel
2.4 T hybrid
2.4 T

Africa, Central America, and South America:
2.8 diesel
2.4 T (non hybrid)

I think there’s a slight chance we will see a lower output, single turbo version of the 3.3 V6 diesel. If that happens, that would be an option in some of these markets as well (mainly Europe and Australia).

Last edited:

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
In the US I would think the v6 would be exclusive for the GX to keep is separate and up model from the LC ??
It could be, but I also think the Land Cruiser needs the V6 to keep it separate and up model from the 4Runner. That’s why I included it. It could go either way though, and you may be correct.

Edit: I also just remembered that the 4.0 is still an option in the 300 series. Maybe it will be an option in Middle Eastern and African spec Prados too.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
It could be, but I also think the Land Cruiser needs the V6 to keep it separate and up model from the 4Runner. That’s why I included it. It could go either way though, and you may be correct.

Edit: I also just remembered that the 4.0 is still an option in the 300 series. Maybe it will be an option in Middle Eastern and African spec Prados too.
1GR is no more on the 2024 250.
After the 1GR 150 ends production it will not be offered on the 2024 Prado/250.
It will continue to live on with the LC70 + LC 300.

Also yes the 2.7 will continue for some markets as the base engine. This is based on the info about the available engines that was shared online on some sites which was obtained from the Toyota tech website. Same thing happened with LC300 and all the info was accurate.

Has the v6 been confirmed for the US?

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
giphy.gif

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Press release says 9:20 pm EST, so we’ve got another 11 hours to go. I thought it was 9:20am, and I’ve been checking every site I know. I just realized it was PM. D’oh!

Last edited:
Reactions
Press release says 9:20 pm EST, so we’ve got another 11 hours to go. I thought it was 9:20am, and I’ve been checking every sight I know. I just realized it was PM. D’oh!
The 9:20 pm EST is the US specific information, the global release is at 8pm EST Aug 1st, prior to the US specifics.

Note the time difference, 14 hours earlier than the Japan 10am Aug 2nd time.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
So there are two different front ends, or is the round headlight version the Prado? Personally, I like the tri-beam headlights better.

I like the GX’s round dials for climate controls, but otherwise, I think I like the Land Cruiser interior a little more. Volume button looks like an afterthought though. I still don’t like how the top of gauge clusters goes into the top of the screen on both the GX and LC. I was hoping the Land Cruiser took more of a Tacoma approach and separated the gauge cluster from the infotainment center a bit more.

I’m looking forward to the press release and actual Toyota pictures.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I like it.

Front end almost looks like classic Land Cruiser meets RR Cullinan with the shapes and proportions. Front overhang is extremely short and it looks like it might have a detachable aero spoiler for MPG, similar to the Tacoma. This could end having the best approach angle of all the GA-F products and Land Cruisers. Agree that the rectangular lights look nicer than the round ones -- those look a bit downmarket to me.

Those seats look amazing - I wish GX offered something similar, both in terms of color and design.

Interior is a little busy in some spots whereas GX is super simple. Not sure which I like more.

I notice the one pic has the "iForce MAX" badge -- did that leak from the US press pics?