ssun30

Expert
Reactions
TTV8 going hydrogen? That's the only way it could survive regulations.

For GR Corolla H2 they likely went for AdBlue injection to reduce NOx so they don't have to run ultra lean and lose half the specific output. But that also makes it a non-zero emissions engine (urea turns into CO2 in SCR).

The TTV8 could also be downsized to 3L V6 but keeping the layout. They already did that going from 1VD to F33. The serial twin-turbo system could be used directly to make very high specific output.

So is the consensus that NOW there will only be one powertrain more powerful than the 3.5 TT? And we all assume its the 3.5 TT Hybrid iForce MAX engine?
I know this diagram came out pre-COVID, so its fair to say the maybe the largest engine on here was a TTV8 that got scrapped?
The iForce Max was not included in this chart as an ICE or HV system. In P2 hybrid the MGU is part of the transmission so Toyota probably included it as a variant of the 10AT. In P0/P1 hybrid the MGU is part of the ICE (bISG/cISG).

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
V8 is dead let's face it
Even for one like me, but maybe V6 hybrid with more powerful electric motors will do it's job

Levi

Expert
Reactions
https://toyota-club.net/files/faq/21-07-20_faq_f33-engine_en.htm
Recommended read on F33A-FTV diesel.

Block has same bore and stroke as 1VD. Compacted graphite iron closed deck for max durability. There is an extra arch connecting two cylinder banks for even more rigidity. Engine weight is 266kg (586lbs), 30% lighter than the very heavy 1VD (372kg/820lbs). But that's still a lot of weight to absorb all the stress.

Isn't this what Supra fans asked for in the first place? The future workhorse for F cars should be a petrol variant of F33 with shorter stroke.
Is any other Toyota getting the F33A or will this engine be exclusively for the Landcruiser/LX as was the 1VD?

Would not a Hilux or Fortuner or Prado with this engine hurt Landcruiser sales? While many buy a Landcruiser for its "go-anywhere-and-back-in-comfort" ability, a fair number must buy them for their towing capacity/facility due to the more powerful engine. These might buy a cheaper truck with same power if available, this will hurt sales of Landcruiser.

Will1991

Reactions
The other day I read some rumors that are pointing for a hybrid 4 cylinder Diesel engine for the Hillux/Prado.

Will1991

Reactions
It will be a 8AT with a P2 MGU... Toyota decided 15 years ago that P2 CVT doesn't work.

If Toyota still raced in F1, they could sell it saying things like "F1 derived technology" :ROFLMAO:

They seem to be in the right path:

(Link to the official presentation)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I was about to say there isn't much more exciting things coming after IS500 is officially launched. The next few years will be about their mainstream products. But apparently Mike knows something big...

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
as long as we get a glimpse or someone gets to spin the rumor mill this year. I'm still expecting something special for the LS, LC and the next RX

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

A Reddit post claims Lexus will launch a TX three-row crossover, an RZ450e EV, and new GX550 and LX600 models. Trademarks hint that the rumors might be legit.

Lexus RZ450e: It's Electric
Lexus has already confirmed that it will launch its first electric vehicle soon, and showed a concept called the LF-Z Electrified that previews this upcoming EV crossover. The company filed a trademark for the name RZ450e, and we expect this model to look similar to the concept car and feature a dual-motor all-wheel-drive powertrain.