internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
shame that we do not have 8GR-FXS in any car lighter than LS/LC. With GS gone, there is a need for IS 500h/RC 500h. But it is mostly interesting for European market with high petrol prices. In North American market most will pay for the better performing V8 for same price, even if less fuel efficient.

I want to see acceleration comparison to 250 km/h or at least 200km/h between GS 450h and new NX 450h+.
Premium fuel is expensive here in Canada too but is a smaller market bordering the US.

I balk having to pay premium but someone did point out all Lexus hybrids so far run on regular. :)

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I honestly have no idea.

It's a huge mistake pairing the 8GR to the multistage hybrid. Most people felt it to be underpowered for the LS. Some even complained its tendency to rev at high rpm, but it might also due to the cause of multistage cvt. Either way, they should start working on a TTv6 hybrid, if there's going to be another LS in the future.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
"more than 10"

that is plenty of models, just depends on how they count them all. IE, could be:
- NX350h, NX450h+
- LX600h
- UX300h, UX300e
- RX300h, RX450h
- LS600h
- ES300h, ES450h+
- RZ450e

So without them lifting a finger, it is already 11+ new or improved.

Disagree with the premise that a different engine configuration counts as a completely different model. That's marketing math only.

For instance, Lexus bread and butter RX is the RX. It's one model. Different variations of the model. But there is one model. If Lexus were to proclaim that a Lexus 300, 350, 350h, 400h, 400h f sport and RX BEV counted as releasing "6 different models" by 2025 I'd loudly cry that is BullS**t.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
It's a huge mistake pairing the 8GR to the multistage hybrid. Most people felt it to be underpowered for the LS. Some even complained its tendency to rev at high rpm, but it might also due to the cause of multistage cvt. Either way, they should start working on a TTv6 hybrid, if there's going to be another LS in the future.
@sl0519 I totally agree. If they put that in the hybrid it would be a totally new day for for LS500H. It would be able to compete with the sclass or 7 series.

Will1991

Reactions
shame that we do not have 8GR-FXS in any car lighter than LS/LC. With GS gone, there is a need for IS 500h/RC 500h. But it is mostly interesting for European market with high petrol prices. In North American market most will pay for the better performing V8 for same price, even if less fuel efficient.

I want to see acceleration comparison to 250 km/h or at least 200km/h between GS 450h and new NX 450h+.

I believe this powertrain (RAV4 Prime/450h+) is limited to around 190km/h.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I believe this powertrain (RAV4 Prime/450h+) is limited to around 190km/h.

I have not looked in detail, I might be mistaken, but European Commission pushes for cars to be limited at 180 km/h. Don't know from which years. Makes the low top speed of BEVs look good compared to ICEVs. With BEVs accelerating so fast, it will make sense to add 0-180 km/h times.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Just want to mention: If all things "future Toyota and Lexus" are of interest to you, please take a moment to check out the latest LXE Podcast as it reviews the trip to Plano, TX, for the Product Showcase Event!

If you’re a Toyota or Lexus enthusiast, this is the podcast you simply cannot miss. After attending the recent Product Showcase Event in Plano, TX, we take you under the hood and behind the curtain with sneak peeks and special insights including:
  • We finally got the answer: When and where is the Lexus LF-1 Limitless?
  • Confirmed: The first dedicated all-electric Lexus will be here in 14 months.
  • Will electrification come to future Lexus’ F products?
  • Hands on with the 2022 ES, IS 500 F SPORT Performance and NX.
  • F SPORT Performance vs. F: The differences are immediately clear on the track
  • Seat time in the 2021 LS 500 F SPORT: Did the refresh do enough?
  • Driving the Toyota Mirai – did it really start life as the fifth generation GS?
  • Seeing the 2022 Tundra in person, and Lexus discussing whether or not they would build a luxury truck.
  • First hints on the next-generation Sequoia, GX and 4Runner.
  • Is Lexus considering building off road trims – similar to TRD PRO – for their next-generation SUVs?
  • Driving the LC 500 and Supra back to back on Eagles Canyon Raceway: Which is really the better sports coupe?
This and so much more, on the latest episode of the Lexus Enthusiast podcast. You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, listen on Spotify, or download the MP3 file directly. Hope you enjoy listening, and please let us know what you think on our new Podcast forum!

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Does anyone know if the 1.2l turbo 8NR-FTS' replacement still happening? Last time we were discussing about a 3 cylinder 1.5l turbo.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If you look at what is going on in the industry, V8 is really dying, it is the new V12. Maserati is going with the 90° TTV6 in all its new cars, Ferrari has just unveiled its new 296 GTB with 120° TTV6 Hybrid making "combined" 830 PS using a 7.4 KW/h battery, the same configuration with 120° TTV6 Hybrid with 7.4 KW/h battery in the McLaren Artura. The TTV6 Hybrid replace the TTV8, they have about 25km of electric only range, probably less.

Lexus F and F Sport Performance models just cannot afford to not have any form of hybridization. Remember that latest unheard rumors of LC F was it was redeveloped again to use V6 Hybrid. Mercedes AMG goes Hybrid too, while Audi gets out and goes electric only.