MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

My only issue with these stories is that everyone knows someone who knows an engineer who worked on ________ car, and it becomes a game of telephone very quickly.

Toyota's vehicle groups are broken out by type (SUVs/Trucks, Cars, Hybrid, etc) so I personally have a hard time believing that someone actively involved in Land Cruiser development would have been tipped off with specifics about the Supra.

I'm not saying I doubt it'll come with a manual and a bigger TT V6, but the circumstance around this story seems sort of off to me.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
21372071_1533384990051493_119612425421979648_n-jpg.3784

mikeavelli

Reactions
I can let it have an okay engine if it looks like that.... rumors are it will be like the concept.... which is one beautiful car.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@supra93
Thanks a lot
I don't like the interior in this photo though
The audio at the centre console looks like copy / paste from the current Lexus GS
The steering wheel looks bland
Even all the console feels awkward, as if something wrong in it

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Bimmerpost memeber claiming to have inside info.

lemetier said:
Partly because I want to keep my credibility intact but also as a little bit of proof, transaxle installations have definitely been put into consideration. It's grainy but that really looks like a Torque Tube and transaxle pre-provision to me.

Now that spy shots of the Toyota prototypes in Japan have been published, I can say with certainty that they are not the cars that were at our facility because there's no way +2 jump seats will fit back there. So what they were and what Tada-San meant with his choice of words during our meeting won't be clear until Frankfurt.

K6lJuHe.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions
^I'm also confused by that post. Maybe there are different versions with drivetrains from both automakers driving around?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I was thinking the Z4 would be a 2 seater and the Supra would be a 4 seater all along (just as they've always been)... why is that shocking to some people?

I have growing hope the Supra will have Toyota engines, but I guess we'll know here in 6 weeks or so.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I think it was the way he worded it. To some like me it could suggest that are more than one version of the coupe that is being tested.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I was thinking the Z4 would be a 2 seater and the Supra would be a 4 seater all along (just as they've always been)... why is that shocking to some people?

Interesting thought. Yes, that would make sense.