Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I'll be at Petit Le Mans this weekend with Lexus and Lexus Racing. Hoping we can pull out a win!

I usually go every year but this year I wasn't exactly comfortable staying in a hotel during a pandemic. Plus I'm 4 hours away from metro Atlanta so it just wasn't worth the trip. According to the info Road Atlanta sent me, I don't think there will be a grid walk or paddock access. Is that right?

mikeavelli

Reactions
I usually go every year but this year I wasn't exactly comfortable staying in a hotel during a pandemic. Plus I'm 4 hours away from metro Atlanta so it just wasn't worth the trip. According to the info Road Atlanta sent me, I don't think there will be a grid walk or paddock access. Is that right?

At the race last month I did it and it wasn’t the same at all. We were spaced out and there was a rope so you couldn’t walk up to the cars or drivers. It was just weird.

As for yesterday we won second! We also got hit by a Porsche with 5 min to go but still ended up 5th.

Had an amazing time and the COVID-19 measures made me feel safe. I’ll post some pics shortly.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-11-02-lexus-racing.jpg

The Lexus RCF GT3 has its first trophy, with the AIM Vasser-Sullivan #14 team winning the IMSA Sprint Cup Championship this weekend at Laguna Seca. With three wins and four podium positions in sprint races this season, drivers Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz secured the trophy, despite finishing 11th in the GTD class on Sunday.
Heading into the final IMSA race of the season, Lexus ranks second in the overall Manufacturer Championship, while the #14 RC F GT3 is currently in third place in the team standings. The #12 team of Townsend Bell and Frankie Montecalvo also ranks in the top-five in the point standings, sitting fifth in points heading into the season-finale at Sebring.
Lexus and AIM VASSER SULLIVAN compete in the season-finale Twelve Hours of Sebring on Saturday, November 14 at Florida’s Sebring International Raceway.

Continue reading...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am honored to be working with Lexus Racing USA organizing an unforgettable experience for a group of about 30 Lexus LC/F owners and enthusiasts and some influencers at the 12 Hours of SEBRING. There will be some unbelievable content soon and memories for a lifetime for those involved.

The modified 2021 IS 350-F-sport will be there in the fan area. Friday we have a huge surprise for everyone watching and Saturday a very big surprise or 3 coming to attendees.

It's a dream to build bridges for Lexus Enthusiasts like myself and partnering with so many great companies and people.

So much more to come!!!! Yes I drive down at 5am straight there lol.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-11-15-lexus-rc-f-gt3-congrats.jpg

The #14 Lexus RC F GT3 was in contention for the IMSA SportsCar Championship entering this weekend’s race at Sebring, but an oil slick ended their hopes — from the AIM Vasser Sullivan team press release:

Nearly three hours into the event, AVS drivers Townsend Bell and Kyle Kirkwood were running in first and second place, respectively, when they both encountered oil on the track leaked by a GTLM competitor going into Turn 17 sending both cars into the tire barrier.
The No. 14 RC F GT3 was too damaged to return to the 17 turn, 3.74-mile road course and their championship run ended with a 13th-place result with full-time drivers Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz, along with Kirkwood.

Even so, the #14 RC F had a podium finish, securing third place in the GTD class. The #12 RC F team of Townsend Bell & and Frankie Montecalvo placed fifth.
Congratulations to both teams on a spectacular season!

Continue reading...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'll explain more about the weekend, but I wanted to share this particular part. I cut and paste from my Facebook...

Lexus to me is bigger than just cars, the mentality of doing for others is a way of life. I had decided on the drive down with Jason (
Buckhead Imports
) during the planned first ever Lexus Parade Lap, he would drive my LC. Yes, I worked with the team at
Lexus Racing USA
and Hospitality for an amazing weekend for Lexus F owners. The coolest thing was to secure a parade lap for the amazing Lexus F owners who attended on Friday. This was not my idea, this was Jeff Bal' (Lexus Motorsort Manager). A stunning suggestion. While it was a dream to drive my own car at the track, I had driven at SEBRING before (thanks
Nicholas Shafer
) and I figured I might have the opportunity again with Lexus. This was Jason's first time there and he is a serious gear head and to be quite frank, the LC might not have made it without his work on my car (long story with tires lol).
When time came to sign waiver forms for driver, passenger, I told Jason how much I appreciated him and he could drive my car. He was pretty shocked. Besides as a passenger I could get some good media footage. I walked inside the Lexus Racing Hospitality booth and Jeff was inside talking to Mike Pricer. He asked me if I was excited to drive my car and I told him Jason was driving and I explained why. Jeff paused and then asked me "have you driven the Track Edition before" and I said no I haven't but I'm smitten by it a bit. He says, good cause you will drive it. I was in shock then and quite frankly I'm in shock now writing about it.
When I told Jason he was as excited for me. We got in the cars and everyone started revving their engines. I couldn't stop grinning. The photographer was snapping photos and I ask Jeff "who is leading" and he says "you are". At this point its lucky I didn't faint.
To top off this story, Jeff leads us in the first modified Lexus IS 350 F-Sport Jason and I built. Then it was me in the RC F Track Edition, then Jason in my modified LC. Then the rest of the F vehicles. It was surreal. Then to have clients like
ADV.1 Wheels
FlowSPEC by ADV.1 Wheels
&
RS-R USA
involved with invaluable footage they can soon share. It was remarkable.
To top off this story, Jeff leads us in the first modified Lexus IS 350 F-Sport Jason and I built. Then it was me in the RC F Track Edition, then Jason in my modified LC. Then te pulled up. We took 3 spirited parade laps and the photographer was planned to shoot across from the hospitality suite to capture EACH AND EVERY attendee so they could have a personal moment captured. Experiece Amazing". And it also showed the universe has a funny way of working things out. I snuck in a couple shots before we took off and then a new LC Convertible pulled up. We took 3 spirited parade laps and the photographer was planned to shoot across from the hospitality suite to capture EACH AND EVERY attendee so they could have a personal moment captured.
I initially took a couple videos and photos and then I said to myself "you know what, you worked hard to be here, enjoy the moment". Thus I put the phones down and enjoyed driving the RC F Track Edition, on the track, as it was meant to be.
In conclusion I cannot think of a better example of the new Lexus tagline "Experience Amazing". It is bigger than just cars, it is how you treat others. We got to experience the best hospitality and some of the best cars around.
More to come on the weekend with Lexus Racing. Now that I think about it, I think Jeff tried to sell me a car hahahah.
#LexusRacingUSA #AVSAutosport #IMSA #LexusRCF #SidelineSportsPhotography

FH5_8456.jpgJL3_5700.jpg

Attachments

• LM6_1390.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 1
  • LM6_1402.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 1

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
AIM and Vasser Sullivan parting ways.

https://racer.com/2020/11/24/vasser-sullivan-moving-ahead-without-aim/

Don't know what this means for the race team but apparently Vasser Sullivan will continue on with the Lexus GTD program but it's unclear if they will go it alone or try to find another partner. Practice for the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona kicks off about 8 weeks from now so hopefully they can get things ironed out before then.

mikeavelli

Reactions
AIM and Vasser Sullivan parting ways.

https://racer.com/2020/11/24/vasser-sullivan-moving-ahead-without-aim/

Don't know what this means for the race team but apparently Vasser Sullivan will continue on with the Lexus GTD program but it's unclear if they will go it alone or try to find another partner. Practice for the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona kicks off about 8 weeks from now so hopefully they can get things ironed out before then.
Vasser Sullivan is in it to win in. Really nice gentlemen.
One RC F was pretty badly damaged. Hoping we get a new car. Japan I hope is impressed with the wins this year.

They are hinting at some good changes. ROLEX is coming fast.

mikeavelli

Reactions
are those 19's or 20's on the IS and what is the width of the rear tire?
20x9 and 20x10.5
Rear is a 275/30/20

I haven’t had much time to tinker with anything but soon I will. The rear has a lot more room than the last generation. Might get a 285 back there .

Will1991

Reactions
20x9 and 20x10.5
Rear is a 275/30/20

I haven’t had much time to tinker with anything but soon I will. The rear has a lot more room than the last generation. Might get a 285 back there .

Funny, 285 rear tire on a 20 inch wheel... Isn’t this the actual tire size on the M3/C63?