krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-06-14-lexus-rc-f-racing.jpg

The Vasser Sullivan #14 Lexus RC F GT3 finished fifth in Saturday’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race at Detroit’s Raceway at Belle Isle Park with co-drivers Jack Hawksworth and Aaron Telitz.
Telitz started the race from the back of the GTD field due to damage during qualifying, and quickly worked his way to fourth place. Hawksworth then made his way up to third before a punctured tire forced him to the pits and pushed the team down to a fifth place finish.
Townsend Bell and Frankie Montecalvo were in second place with the #12 RC F GT3 when contact from a competitor forced the car to spin out. Montecalvo and Bell were able to work their way back through the field to salvage a sixth-place finish.
Lexus and Vasser Sullivan Racing return to the track at Watkins Glen International on Sunday, June 27 for the third endurance...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Scott Pruett is my hero. A true legend in the sport. A fierce competitor who does everything to win while being an extraordinary gentleman to everyone who talks to him. I have seen him in countless LFA videos where he explains everything meticulously and with so much poise (considering he had to do it all day long while giving hot laps). Hope his next chapter in life is just as successful as he was in racing (I am sure it would be his vineyard which was his second passion).

Reactions
Hey all, new member here. As a huge fan of motor sport, cars, and everything in the automotive industry, I had a question. What do you guys think of Lexus entering Formula 1? We had Toyota (one of my favorite teams) give it a shot (and it failed unfortunately), but what about Lexus?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Scott Pruett is my hero. A true legend in the sport. A fierce competitor who does everything to win while being an extraordinary gentleman to everyone who talks to him.

Absolutely correct -- I've been lucky enough to spend significant time with Scott over the years, and he's absolutely one of a kind. First time I ever rode in an LFA, he was the driver:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hey all, new member here. As a huge fan of motor sport, cars, and everything in the automotive industry, I had a question. What do you guys think of Lexus entering Formula 1? We had Toyota (one of my favorite teams) give it a shot (and it failed unfortunately), but what about Lexus?

Welcome @F1 Silver Arrows!

I don't know about Lexus entering into F1, as I think their focus now is more grassroots and focused on GT3. Anything's possible, of course, but I don't imagine Lexus will be in F1 any time soon. Would love to be wrong on that, though!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Absolutely correct -- I've been lucky enough to spend significant time with Scott over the years, and he's absolutely one of a kind. First time I ever rode in an LFA, he was the driver:

Krew, I can only imagine the grin on your face as you drove in the LFA with Scott! great video!

Scott Pruett is a fine human being. You can tell from his commentary and the various causes he supports. Thanks Scott!

Reactions
Thanks @krew ! I believe they should. I do realize it is a enterprise worth easily hundreds of millions of dollars. However, I have reasons why they should!

1. Lexus (Toyota too) have executives and engineers who are huge fans of motor sport.
2. Lexus (Toyota too) have enough cash for R&D, and to compete.
3. Participating in F1 allows Lexus to bask in the world's stage, get more known to people who are not entirely familiar with Lexus and spread their F brand. It will also help for the pursuit of their electric/hybrid program (alongside Toyota with their WEC program), as F1 cars currently use trick electric systems for their cars.
4. F1 management currently would like more teams to participate in their sport and expand the sport even further.
5. I really do think Lexus will be able to do better than many teams like Renault, Williams, Force India, and go toe-to-toe with constructors like Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari.
6. Whats also weird was that Toyota pulled out of F1 because of "financial reasons/economic times" and "the lack of a single win in 8 seasons" in 2009. However, with the teaser of the "racy" GR concept released by Toyota, there seems to be hope. In the Press Release Toyota stated that they will pursue motor sport for a long time, and wont be swayed by the economy. This is promising.

It is a stretch to say that they'll make a comeback, but I dont think Super GT/GT3 racing is enough for Lexus. I know they can do more.

Last edited:
Reactions
my thoughts exactly! Emil Frey has a great team as well.

let me guess, F1 of course!

Hahaha! Yes my good sir! ;) You got me good. F1 it is. It is simply a series that leaves me on the edge of my seat. Now that I am thinking about it, what about IndyCar? Toyota is hugely successful in the WEC and in Nascar, they are wiping the whole series with the other constructors (think of Mercedes-Benz in F1 from 2014 onward at the start of the hybrid era). When they released their new 2018 Camry, drivers said it was a harder car to drive, but it DOMINATED everything. Chevy, Ford and Dodge, their wins combined wouldn't even touch Toyota's wins in Nascar.

I think IndyCar is a good idea for Toyota, and F1 would do wonders for Lexus! Ideas, ideas!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Hahaha! Yes my good sir! ;) You got me good. F1 it is. It is simply a series that leaves me on the edge of my seat. Now that I am thinking about it, what about IndyCar? Toyota is hugely successful in the WEC and in Nascar, they are wiping the whole series with the other constructors (think of Mercedes-Benz in F1 from 2014 onward at the start of the hybrid era). When they released their new 2018 Camry, drivers said it was a harder car to drive, but it DOMINATED everything. Chevy, Ford and Dodge, their wins combined wouldn't even touch Toyota's wins in Nascar.

I think IndyCar is a good idea for Toyota, and F1 would do wonders for Lexus! Ideas, ideas!

love your enthusiasm!!! (from a rather enthusiastic person)! Let's see it Lexus!

Reactions
Haha! I am quite the enthusiastic (and a passionate one while I am at it) person! Glad our love for Lexus and racing is helping us all bond together! Our community needs to be stronger than ever! I honestly cannot wait for Toyota/Lexus to bring the competition to the rest of the world. It is time that we show what our brand values are, and not get ridiculed because of people with their blind views. Like that Autobild article a few days ago! I am so sick of journalists shoving their noses up at us. Hopefully we'll do so well that it will straighten their necks (so they can look straight at us resurging...... and swallow their pride).