(2025MY+) 380D Camry Discussion

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
Even with such minor changes in small details, the updated Camry in China wipes the floor compared to the US one, especially exterior wise. I'm not sure why the US market specific design choices were chosen this way, was this too boring?

1700284552270.png
1700284564224.png

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I noticed in the rear USB-A and USB-C charging ports. Reviewer says most new cars come with USB-C ports only. Toyota lives in there real world, not fantasy world. Taxi/Uber drivers will always have clients/passengers that don’t have the latest thing. No person will say “nice modern car, I have to upgrade my phone”.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It still is more than a facelift. While very similar, everything is changed slightly.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
From what I can tell, it looks like the hood, trunk, and quarter panels are new. Front fenders, doors, and roof are carryover I think.

The car is growing on me. I like that grey color that was shown.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
From what I can tell, it looks like the hood, trunk, and quarter panels are new. Front fenders, doors, and roof are carryover I think.

The car is growing on me. I like that grey color that was shown.
I saw the white one at the LA auto show. It legitimately looks good. I think it’ll look even better in black. It’s a good evolution from their prior to design.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I saw the white one at the LA auto show. It legitimately looks good. I think it’ll look even better in black. It’s a good evolution from their prior to design.
I agree. The white one looks like it was slightly lowered though. But they all looked really nice looking forward to what direction they take with a TRD/GR version if there is ever one.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Even with such minor changes in small details, the updated Camry in China wipes the floor compared to the US one, especially exterior wise. I'm not sure why the US market specific design choices were chosen this way, was this too boring?

View attachment 8479
View attachment 8480
I don't see much difference between this Chinese model and the North American Camry XSE model -- other than the obvious one that this Chinese model has front daytime running lights that wrap around the outside of the headlights rather than inboard of them.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Happy New Year! GAC-Toyota have announced ChDM Camry pre-order price. It provide 2L engine/2L hybrid. Gas version starting at 173800 RMB to 198800 RMB(≈24538 USD to 28067USD). Hybrid version starting at 181800 RMB to 208800 RMB (≈25567 USD to 29479 USD).
It seem rumor said ChDM stay using 2.5 hybrid are fake:p

mmexport1704078022964.jpg

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Happy New Year! GAC-Toyota have announced ChDM Camry pre-order price. It provide 2L engine/2L hybrid. Gas version starting at 173800 RMB to 198800 RMB(≈24538 USD to 28067USD). Hybrid version starting at 181800 RMB to 208800 RMB (≈25567 USD to 29479 USD).
It seem rumor said ChDM stay using 2.5 hybrid are fake:p

View attachment 8573
Would I be correct in assuming that’s the naturally aspirated 2.0 and not the 2.0 turbo found in the chdm Highlander?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think XSE AWD is going to be a great car to own and drive. 232hp with sport suspension, instant torque from batteries, and AWD traction will be a lot of fun for a fairly lightweight sedan. Not to mention ~45+ MPG...

How or why anyone would buy anything else in this class?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think XSE AWD is going to be a great car to own and drive. 232hp with sport suspension, instant torque from batteries, and AWD traction will be a lot of fun for a fairly lightweight sedan. Not to mention ~45+ MPG...

How or why anyone would buy anything else in this class?
Yes. The only advantage of the ES would be sound insulation, and IMO it is worth it. Sound insulation is for me one of the most important aspects in a new car purchase.