(2025MY+) 380D Camry Discussion

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, design is a downgrade, especially the squared off taillights. As far as the interior goes, I like the larger screen, and the rear vents being standard is nice.

The Crown Sport inspired Camry renders that were floating around looked way better.

I hope the price of the hybrid comes down. A 2024 SE with a 2.5 non hybrid about $30k. Not bad for a decent car that gets 39mpg. Personally, I think getting rid of the non-hybrid 2.5 was a bad decision.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
TNGA-K and associated powertrain are almost completely optimized at this point it makes sense to do a major refresh rather than a full redesign. They solved the packaging issue with the original TNGA-K sedans to accommodate AWD. There really isn't much to do about this chassis without increasing cost considerably.

Don't like the exterior but if customers are mainly concerned with tech updates it's fine.

It's smart to not overinvest in a product that is already strong enough to be competitive for at least 5 more years.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
When your competitors slack off, you'll also start to slack off.

Kinda hard to accept that the Camry is being treated as if it's something like the cheap and janky ASEAN market “Yaris”, getting facelift after facelift. Oh well, I guess that's how the mid-size sedan market is like these days, their future is so bleak that no car manufacturer would be willing to invest into them.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I would not expect anything more of the ES either. Don’t think there will be an ES 500h.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Hmmm 👀

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
I’ll believe a GR Camry when I’ll see it.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Not as good as I was expecting, but I can see why they did it. When they're going all-hybrid for the first time, it makes sense to minimize other changes so you can isolate any sales or reliability issues. Not that I expect any. Front end is decent, bringing it in line with the Prius, but the rear's kind of odd. The electric AWD is a good solution for maximizing interior room but how effective it is depends on the software so we'll see.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions

They actually put 0 (zero) effort in this video presentation. Why? It's uninspiring, dead boring, presenter has a lisp and I had to drop it after only two minutes. What's going on? This is no low-key, this is really we don't care kind of attitude.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Redesigned Stylish New Look and High-Tech Interior
  • Exclusively Equipped with 5th Generation Toyota Hybrid System available in FWD and AWD
  • Powerful Hybrid System with Up-to 232 Net-Combined Horsepower on AWD Model – 30HP Increase Over Prior Mechanical AWD Model
  • Re-Engineered Suspension and Braking System for Balanced Handling and Comfort
  • Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 Standard
  • Development and Manufacturing led by U.S.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The simple question is does it compete? Yes it does. I actually love the front end especially the SE so far everything that Carmaker said at the beginning of the thread as been correct. He said it will not be a redesign but a refresh. So I'm only hoping we see the TRD/GR. However the Camry not getting the GR shouldn't dictate the ES not getting the 500h especially considering the ES competition. The Camry can afford not to have a GR if the Accord don't have a type R. And also there is the crown for those who currently have the V6 camry.

Last edited:

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The simple question is does it compete? Yes it does. I actually love the front end especially the SE so far everything that Carmaker said at the beginning of the thread as been correct. He said it will not be a redesign but a refresh. So I'm only hoping we see the TRD/GR. However the Camry not getting the GR shouldn't dictate the ES not getting the 500h especially considering the ES competition. The Camry can afford not to have a GR if the Accord don't have a type R. And also there is the crown for those who currently have the V6 camry.
The Crown's reason for existing makes more sense with a narrowed Camry target audience. And, TBH, I bet V6 Camry was something like 5% of the volume. Let the upmarket go for the Crown Limited and Platinum. If that narrowed focus helped keep the cost down, they'll still sell in the same volume.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah the last gen blew us always for a Camry. This is a heavy refresh so that’s what we got. Hoping a GR or TRD higher power variant comes. This is back to “logical” where the last one was more emotional to me.

It does significantly out power the Accord and offers AWD. And while the styling might not be amazing it’s miles better than the Accord. Tho now the Sonanta refresh looks even better

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Crown's reason for existing makes more sense with a narrowed Camry target audience. And, TBH, I bet V6 Camry was something like 5% of the volume. Let the upmarket go for the Crown Limited and Platinum. If that narrowed focus helped keep the cost down, they'll still sell in the same volume.

Makes sense but the Camry interior is much roomier than the Crown. And the Crown is a CUV blend while the Camry is a normal sedan. It’s not like the Avalon which was another sedan. Really odd no Crown sedan which would make sense.

Not sure where V-6 XSE or TRD buyers go now. An IS 350 which is smaller? That 5% is still 15,000-18,000 buyers

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The crown cuv's interior dimensions are bigger than the crown sedan yet even the japanese who experienced both said the sedan had more useable space inside don't know how but i think the shape of the cuv is a little to bubbly and round, as for the interior they should have stuck with the wood grain rather than this piano black shiny plastic

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Crown sedan (RWD) in the US isn't happening and I don't know why anyone continues to torture themselves over it.

Makes sense but the Camry interior is much roomier than the Crown. And the Crown is a CUV blend while the Camry is a normal sedan. It’s not like the Avalon which was another sedan. Really odd no Crown sedan which would make sense.

Not sure where V-6 XSE or TRD buyers go now. An IS 350 which is smaller? That 5% is still 15,000-18,000 buyers

One of the reveal videos said that the TRD was yet to be announced. I highly doubt that they will try to make a TRD with 232hp, so we can assume they have something else coming. Maybe PHEV the same way they positioned the Prius Prime as the sportier of the two drivetrains (Prius gets LE, XLE, and Limited trims, Prime gets SE and XSE trims)?

I haven't been in a Crown, so I can't comment on space from experience, but it sounds like they are practically the same size inside with Camry winning a few dimensions and Crown winning others.