maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I fed-up honestly from guys entering just for bashing TMC

TMC leaders are not Angels and have their own faults

But hey, it is still a luxury Japanese car maker

Yes I said myself and confess that I retired my GS-F as a collectable car

But I also confess that I won't leave TMC for any visible time

Lexus still have fun with the 2021 last year GS-F and the RC-F may continue until 2022

We may or may not see the TT V8

We still have the LC and honestly even the LS is way sporty for a full-size luxury sedan

Who ever don't want Lexus can go to other without bashing or making himself/herself the only genius 1 in this community

We already know that Lexus is in the negative slope regarding the R&D

But as soon as the FR RX and the LF-1 production vehicle appears

As soon as the next NX appears and the next generation sedan that rumoured 2 or 3 years ago to be based on TNGA-N with Mazda Sky-Active X i6 as one of the variants we will see a more passionate lineup

So please wait for another couple of years at maximum and then compare

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
@GenesisFit5000 I rag on Lexus quite a bit too nowadays but you need to calm your tits sugah.

Yes, agreed. You're a newer member, so if your goal is to come here and just rag on Lexus, we can take care of that quickly. If you've got something else to throw in the mix, we'd love to see it.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I feel like I should definitely take some of the blame for this thread as I started it but I just want those out there to know my frustration came from being a lifelong fan of Lexus and them truly braking my heart with the decisions that they have made. They do a lot of things right and will continue to remain a solid company but to me that isn't good enough. Lexus was always the Pursuit of Perfection growing up and I thought that was what they were striving for and I just don't feel like that is what they want. I feel like they want to have these great cars in the middle segment that they do close to perfect (ie ES, RX, NX) but just ignore the people that want a little more. The people who want 450 HP in a Lexus or a bigger F line who just don't get the chance to have these things. The people who want a GX or LX but also want a SUV that isn't 10 plus years old. People who want a 2021 IS but an engine that is newer. People who want an LF1 which they were always the leaders of the SUV market and just dropped the ball. Lastly, people who want a TTV8 and want to stay with Lexus literally have no choice but to leave. Those are the people that in my opinion have every right to be upset with Lexus.

I'm with everyone here saying I don't want new people coming on here just to diss Lexus, I think they are an amazing company and could totally turn things around if they want to. I just don't know if they want those few people in the above segments anymore. I have 12 months before I'm ready for a new car and I hope Lexus has something I'm looking for then but I have to be a realist and start thinking about the idea that this might not be the case and I might have to go to the dreaded Germans that I dissed for some many years (if you could go back to my earlier posts when this site started I dissed the Germans any chance I could!) because they have something I'm looking for.

If me starting this Thread angered some of you I apologize as that was never my intention but I just wanted to get my feelings of pissed off out somewhere with a group of people that could understand what I was going through. Hopefully my Lexus adventure continues in 2021 but if it doesn't at that moment there's always another car down the road and I am sure the two Lexus I have now will not be my last.

Reactions
I'm with everyone here saying I don't want new people coming on here just to diss Lexus, I think they are an amazing company and could totally turn things around if they want to. I just don't know if they want those few people in the above segments anymore. I have 12 months before I'm ready for a new car and I hope Lexus has something I'm looking for then but I have to be a realist and start thinking about the idea that this might not be the case and I might have to go to the dreaded Germans that I dissed for some many years (if you could go back to my earlier posts when this site started I dissed the Germans any chance I could!) because they have something I'm looking for.

If me starting this Thread angered some of you I apologize as that was never my intention but I just wanted to get my feelings of pissed off out somewhere with a group of people that could understand what I was going through. Hopefully my Lexus adventure continues in 2021 but if it doesn't at that moment there's always another car down the road and I am sure the two Lexus I have now will not be my last.
Don't think you should feel like you need to apologize or feel like you're being blamed. Companies make business decisions, they either work for them or not. Even many industry insiders feel the same way as us; or that even many within the organization feel frustrated that they should be doing this, but were powerless in their suggestions to upper management.

Reactions
I don't think either I or GenesisFit are being unreasonably angry about Lexus. If anything, what I am angry at is how the stereotype espoused by ignorant German fanboys since the 90s about Lexus being nothing more than "Toyotas with new bumpers and more leather" is starting to become reality in recent years. It pisses me off reading through comments sections on other car sites and YouTube video reviews to see those same fanboys taking a dump all over Lexus and what it accomplished since its inception, as if they were validated for writing the brand off in the 90s. But what pisses me off the most is that Lexus has given me nothing to work with to rebuke them. The LC500 is the greatest example of modern Lexus on display, but like the Acura NSX, it alone is not enough to elevate the entire brand. There is no excuse when storied vehicles like IS, GS, and LS have been smeared into the dirt by bad company decisions and neglect into being uncompetitive offerings.

Bear in mind, this is the same company that flipped the entire luxury car industry on its head with the LS400, once created the fastest sedan in the world with the GS400, was the first to introduce self-parking, an eight-speed automatic, and LED lights in the LS460, created the first-ever hybrid V8, and has time and again been pushing the boundaries on tech and luxury while offering quality and dependability second to none. The excuse that "Lexus is dated because they're reliable" was never valid even ten years ago, because they gave us our cake and let us eat it too.

I accepted the existence of the ES and RX decades ago because I understood that such volume products were needed to fund the other exemplary RWD vehicles in the lineup, like French Fries to go with a steak. But when the expensive steakhouse gives up the steak and starts serving nothing but French Fries with quirky shapes, I'd be remiss to call it a steakhouse.

I mostly lurk because I understand that the brand as it is doesn't need more negativity than it already has as a result of the terrible corporate decisions that are being made. However, we shouldn't be laughing at or downplaying other brands like Acura or Genesis or BMW or Tesla when they're all eager to be competitive and bring out the best of each other. Isn't this what Lexus used to be about? The pursuit of perfection.

Will1991

Reactions
@GenesisFit5000 , at the end of the day you just registered here (it literally says Lexus Enthusiasts) to bash Lexus and Toyota every single post and you must agree with me, it’s a bit strange...

Not to say we’re all fanboys who don’t say anything against them because we certainly do! There are a lot of choices we don’t understand and feel we (brand enthusiasts) aren’t being looked for...

But that don’t stop us from:
a) Still loving the brand
b) Reckoning Toyota’s engineering prowess which is second to none

To be honest, I should place a order this weekend for a Tesla Model 3, because sadly Lexus isn’t offering any good option similar to that, simple as that. But this isn’t making me to constantly bash on the brand or whatsoever! I’m still here and intend to stay here sharing and commenting on Lexus and Toyota products. Not to mention LE is full of very knowledge individuals who really knows about what they write!

Regarding FCV technologies, do you really believe Toyota is behind anyone?

Reactions
And what is the point of you guys being Lexus fanboys lol brand is dead. 😂 No more Lexus. It's just a Toyota with good leather.

That takumi video is fake. Lexus doesn't care about hiring the best people. Takumi look after paint, panel gaps and so on. They claim to sneak a body with defects each day for employee to catch. If that's so true why are there posts saying their Lexus has panel issues or the paint is poor quality?

Lexus can market all that stuff as much as they want and hope you people fall for their tricks. Lies.

I think this mike sweers dude is getting a nice fat paycheck for doing absolutely nothing. Toyota sequoia trd pro is a joke. Has he seen the new tahoe and Suburban. The ram is just excellent. Top of everything. He should really offer a diesel, more hears and higher performance to take on ram. Akio is not doing well as ceo. He should quit. Like come on. Get an idea of what it's like to drive competitors, not used marketing to stray from what customers are looking for 😜
While I agree with some of what you said, perhaps you skipped this important article. Very analytical and critical by most of us who are regulars here that I'm sure you would agree with as well.

Yeah, Lexus is struggling to bring products, but they're definitely not out if they're still #3. They just have to sell a lot of non-sequitur RX and NXs. Otherwise, its just very condescending of you.
QCTANN.gif

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Lexus ls has long been comapred to them. Well hm let me find that ls... Wait it's not there!?! Lexus isn't even in the caranddriver.com list top 5. Too bad. A new G90 will surely make Lexus get out of America for sure. I smell bad news for you people. It's join me or you don't...
I suspect that you are trying to bait the Lexus fans with this statement. Let me respond without taking the bait... Car & Driver has long been known to be biased, and specifically biased against Toyota and Lexus for producing cars that are too boring.

Have you forgotten Lexus is a pig Toyota with lipstick? Lexus made in Kentucky are made on the same lines as a camry. Way to go. And charging for premium pricing. 😜
If you want to bait us, at least get your facts correct. Yes, the Lexus ES is built in the same plant (Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky) as the Toyota Camry and Hybrid, Toyota Avalon and Hybrid, and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, but it is built on its own, dedicated assembly line, with its own, dedicated, even more highly-trained workers. Lexus invested $360-million to build a new assembly line at TMMK.

Lexus began production of the ES in Kentucky in 2015 after investing more than $360 million in a new production facility on the Toyota Kentucky campus. In addition to the ES 350, the Lexus team of more than 800 Lexus-trained Kentuckians, will now also build the all-new, coveted F SPORT model.

The above quotation is from the following article.

There is also a good write-up from elsewhere on Lexus Enthusiast.

Reactions
Guys he's trolling. I really thought this guy was a hater at first and I still think that's true, but now I see that this dumbass is pretty mentally deranged too. I didn't bother reading all of that eye cancer, but by skimming I was able to tell a lot.

Some of their statements are borderline lies and I notice this guy bringing up irrelevant points to the table. The innumerable amount of emojis and repetition of the same tropes clearly tell me that this guy is in a lower mental class than everyone else here, and I'm not being ableist either. This person is either a child that got their parents computer and is the kind of dude that focuses on the basic Instagram/YouTube d*ck measuring contest between car brands or this is an older person that feels betrayed that Lexus slept with their spouse, or this could just be an annoying troll.

To give my 2 cents, Lexus definitely is way better than you think. Even I admit they're insanely good but my expectations have been high because the bar was always set high. Lexus is just a mishmash of stuff but if you were to look at things individually, they're killing it. They just need to harness all of their good progress and put it into all of their products at once.

The 3.5L TTV6 in the LS500 is better than any Hyundai/Kia/Genesis V6 and Toyota/Lexus are way less experienced in building twin-turbocharged V6 engines than Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are. The fact that it pulls that 5000lb monster to 60 miles an hour in under 5 seconds (Lexus claims 4.5) is insane, and is telling what could happen if Lexus put that engine in the IS or GS. They'd be lethal high 3 second to 60 weapons. Also Hyundai has never done anything that amazing engineering wise in their life in comparison to Toyota. Hopefully their twin-turbocharged V8 materializes but we'll see. So we see there's no issue on the new engines.

Their 10-speed automatic transmission is godlike. The only automatic that's objectively better is the ubiquitous ZF 8-speed automatic. There is no conventional automatic that is better. Period. If you go higher than that you're looking at dual-clutches. No issues here either.

Their chassis tuning is their core competency. They tune their RWD chassis at a neutral point and is very taut, comfortable yet very sporty. The IS, GS, LC and LS have shown to have extremely accurate steering with decent feel. They've shown that they can build the best of the best as a chassis. So that's not a problem too.

Their hybrid technology is a technological tour de force. Nobody and I mean nobody can match Toyota or Lexus. If anyone were to have the balls to say so I'd do a fat belly laugh in their face, because it'd be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. Refinement and power delivery is second to none (though Porsche is pretty good on the power part 😉).

Your claim of them having Takumi is so insane that I'd immediately ban your dumbass if it was down to me. That alone told me you're a Grade-A troll. It's like saying the sun is cold. WTF?

Their issue is their lack of gravitas to take risks. That's why Toyota has codeveloped their sports cars. And look, even with them being codeveloped (we still have some people who are ignorant to what Toyota has done for their cars), they're still insanely good and have the Toyota spirit at its core. I don't give a flying sh*t what anyone else says, because I know what I see. Now look, their cars have been a hit success and they're starting to regain more confidence with investing money into their cars that enthusiasts want to buy.

Their other issue is their retarded dealerships on not knowing how to properly sell cars that are easy cash cows. Lexus enables them to be this way instead of forming jelly into iron. Lexus is a victim of their own success in that customers just come in to buy a Lexus, and with most of them being the highly successful ES, RX, and NX, they don't sell other cars nearly as often.

Lastly it's the annoying ass old farts that live at Lexus (that poor Toyoda-san has fired many of and weeped when he was telling people his struggles as CEO including how much work he's done as a CEO) that don't seem to piss off either.

Your abject lack of common sense and upper level thinking is purely idiotic I am surprised that you had the gall to think that coming here and trolling is all well and good. I'm also surprised how you're still here.

I'm open to constructive criticism, but this is stupid. You should probably worry about Genesis' being sold in Hyundai dealerships before calling Lexus' nothing more than just "Toyotas with more leather".

Last edited:
Reactions
I wonder if GenesisFit got his account hijacked, because his current trollish commentary is a complete 180 of what he said previously.

This is why I started my rant. I'm very agitated Lexus didn't do what it's competitors have been doing.

I've been a fan since the beginning but around 2011 when they showed the gs with a carryover engine and transmission I knew they gave up. Reliability and smoothness are great, so is customer service. I for sure know Genesis isn't great with customer service. Sharing the dealers with Hyundai is not a good idea. I've been to Ford lincoln dealers and it's awkward. Lexus dealers feel upscale and very welcoming.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Did you know how insignificant you forum members are to Lexus. Your wishes do not come true so stop wishing it'll use the latest and greatest! 🛑

This is your last warning. It seems you are asking for a ban. If you have something constructive to add aside from just plastering pro-Genesis messaging everywhere, I'm all ears. Otherwise, you can hit the road.

Reactions
Exactly what did Toyota codevelop with bmw to make the supra feasible? The z4 is out and you claim something was added. It's not reliability or chassis tuning of that sort. Bmw provided the engine, infotainment and platform so your post is irrelevant.

Says who? Says you? Right we can see how much of a credible source you are.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
This is your last warning. It seems you are asking for a ban. If you have something constructive to add aside from just plastering pro-Genesis messaging everywhere, I'm all ears. Otherwise, you can hit the road.

Finally!
I really fed-up of hi
Please do it

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Genesis g90 is 4th on caranddriver.com.
That's a refreshed g90 for ya folks. Only behind the Germans.

Lexus ls has long been comapred to them. Well hm let me find that ls... Wait it's not there!?! Lexus isn't even in the caranddriver.com list top 5. Too bad. A new G90 will surely make Lexus get out of America for sure. I smell bad news for you people. It's join me or you don't...

😊

Have you forgotten Lexus is a pig Toyota with lipstick? Lexus made in Kentucky are made on the same lines as a camry. Way to go. And charging for premium pricing. 😜

You guys love it when a small company like Genesis can pull a wolf up its sleeve? G70 is world's better than is from 2005.

Sorry, this is worthy of a ban. Not a warning.