Tesla Model 3 Performance

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
US Model 3 Pricing effective 10/22/21 evening: (price just changed on Standard Range Plus only)

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus: price went from $41,990 to $43,990
Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD: price stayed at $49,990
Tesla Model 3 Performance: price stayed at $57,990 (the topic here)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
View attachment 5512

Truly impressive and innovative

View attachment 5513

Ok 👌
I don't get the purpose of that CNBC article. They are not removing the steering column from the vehicle nor are they selling you a vehicle with Level 3 feature set today without the requisite hardware (FSD is a whole another beast that Tesla should be penalized for)? Plus in the future they can retrofit said components if needed.

Seems like a whole lot of FUD with for anyone with an axe to grind.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I don't get the purpose of that CNBC article. They are not removing the steering column from the vehicle nor are they selling you a vehicle with Level 3 feature set today without the requisite hardware (FSD is a whole another beast that Tesla should be penalized for)? Plus in the future they can retrofit said components if needed.

Seems like a whole lot of FUD with for anyone with an axe to grind.

They’ve been selling BS Full self driving as an option, then raised its price before it’s anywhere near ready, claimed a while ago all cars would be forward compatible hardware wise with it, and now that literally none of the promises including a $35k model (which doesn’t exist) have materialized, I’m glad to see people still coming out to go to bat for the company.

Forgive me if I am not amused by a company that uses false advertising, enables dangerous behaviour on the road (rolling through stop signs would still be in without backlash), putting games, karaoke, and “self driving” behind easily beat safeguards.

what other corners are they cutting we don’t know about?

Will1991

Reactions
@CRSKTN , Tesla did something similar last year:

IMHO Tesla, as a Brand, gets too much forgiveness from followers… I don’t recall anything coming through as explained at the announcement…

We’re still missing the Semi, CyberTruck, Roadster 2.0… We’re still far from actual FSD… We’re still far from the 200+ mph TMS… We have a TM3 that needs more than 6 sec. for the 0-60 time...
They most probably make the best BEV drivetrain on the market, but they clearly need to improve build quality, and need better management if you ask me…

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They’ve been selling BS Full self driving as an option, then raised its price before it’s anywhere near ready, claimed a while ago all cars would be forward compatible hardware wise with it, and now that literally none of the promises including a $35k model (which doesn’t exist) have materialized, I’m glad to see people still coming out to go to bat for the company.

Forgive me if I am not amused by a company that uses false advertising, enables dangerous behaviour on the road (rolling through stop signs would still be in without backlash), putting games, karaoke, and “self driving” behind easily beat safeguards.

The ability to selectively remove and/or retrofit hardware and/or software has been an industry promise since the late 2000s. Yet almost a decade removed, we have yet to see a proper industry wide adoption of said tech. All we have are buzzword marketing promises of "Modularity" or "Subscription based" features and function BS.

For instance look at Toyota's launch of Retrofit of carplay and android auto in their vehicle set.
  • 2018 LS
  • 2018 LC
  • 2018 RC and RC F
  • 2018 NX
  • 2019 NX (produced before October 2018) How does the MY in advance and months after have it, but the X number of units in 2019 got the shaft?
  • 2019 RC F (produced before October 2018)
  • 2019 ES, without factory navigation (purchased before October 2018)
Fords offering Blue Cruise as an OTA update on F150s if you purchase a hardware package, later turned into a refund and sorry SW couldnt work.

Finally FSD has been the biggest pyramid scheme, yet there has been limited msm coverage on that actual topic for some reason. Same with the really weird passive aggressive software modes intended to make Tesla drivers the new BMW drivers. I want to see that type of coverage as its an actual concern not these FUD/hot trash articles about the X hypothetical ways MFGs may screw future folks over. Reminds of the FB groups which went off the deep end about Toyotas plan to use blemished parts on the mfg line in select markets.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

why so much hate?

I am sure rolling through stop sign was a wonderful feature.

Will1991

Reactions
I think that for most buyers it's the price vs. specification combination and white is the only no-cost option. The TM3 is impossible to beat on the spreadsheet… No mandatory maintenance, well priced for the specification, fast, good range and the SUC network with good GPS integration. My only gripe is the build quality, materials and ergonomics aren’t there yet.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think that for most buyers it's the price vs. specification combination and white is the only no-cost option. The TM3 is impossible to beat on the spreadsheet… No mandatory maintenance, well priced for the specification, fast, good range and the SUC network with good GPS integration. My only gripe is the build quality, materials and ergonomics aren’t there yet.
That is because there is no competitor. i4 is meh.

Reactions

Almost every single one is the broke spec Model 3.

This is the new VW Type 1, or the new Toyota Corolla.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Model 3 as a Corolla replacement.... it outsold the number 3 sentra so behind the civic and corolla

Last edited by a moderator:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Model 3 as a Corolla replacement....That is crazy (it outsold the number 3 sentra so behind the civic and corolla)
And the most popular Model 3 is the Long Range AWD, which sold without options for $47K - $51K price in US In 2021.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
And the most popular Model 3 is the Long Range AWD, which sold without options for $47K - $51K price in US In 2021.
It tells that BEV buyers care more about range than about any other (useless) gadget. Even performance is not the most important thing, but comes easy/sufficiently with BEVs. It tells that range IS important, and cannot be dismissed, even if most don't need it daily. But nothing new, we all knew it, regardless of what carmakers/(some or many) pro BEV advocates claim.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Range isn’t important, unless you mean to consumers.
Because there’s a lot of unimportant stuff the masses care about.
I personally love knowing how much material we are mining for batteries that’ll never get utilized because someone who has hitched their entire identity to owning a Tesla thinks they’re going to be doing long range trips in it. In the same breath they’ll tell you how the supercharger network means you don’t need to worry about range.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
This. Almost every single one is the broke spec Model 3.

This is the new VW Type 1, or the new Toyota Corolla.

It is $50k AWD build loaded with options and faster than most other vehicles on the market.

Reactions
It is $50k AWD build loaded with options and faster than most other vehicles on the market.

The Model 3 is the modern Corolla and Beetle because of what it represents. It's another iteration of a car for the masses.