Tesla Model 3 Performance

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

That is super crazy to read. Amazing news for Tesla.
I saw that article showing Tesla's amazing success in Germany, (although mainstream cars are a bit more modest in Germany than in US). The factory there will open soon slightly ahead of schedule.

In our home US market, the Tesla Model 3 easily outsells the premium sedan favorites in including 3 series, C-Class, IS, A4, etc. No surprise when those premium sedans in this class are sold largely with compliance 4 banger turbo engines (yawn).

mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw that article showing Tesla's amazing success in Germany, (although mainstream cars are a bit more modest in Germany than in US). The factory there will open soon slightly ahead of schedule.

In our home US market, the Tesla Model 3 easily outsells the premium sedan favorites in including 3 series, C-Class, IS, A4, etc. No surprise when those premium sedans in this class are sold largely with compliance 4 banger turbo engines (yawn).

Indeed I think it was over 160. That is an insane amount of 40-65k cars. The next is the RX at about 100k.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
People late buying what they can find.

supply chain is king now

Yes, and getting Teslas in US still requires waiting 2-9 months for delivery, after placing an order with $250 order deposit.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Which is better than others still, not sure your point
My point is in agreement with your post, with substance/facts added about buying steps added..
Some other facts: No time-wasting showroom visit required (optional for those that prefer a test drive), no added dealer markup, no extended warranties and other predatory crap.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

there are several good points about this:
a. EV sales are on the rise in Germany (big moves)
b. September is Model 3 delivery month in Europe
c. A4, C class and 3 series are usually top sellers in Germany (all in top 10). They are Camry.
d. Price of fuel is record high in Europe, $7.5 per gallon in many countries.
e. Model 3 has hit sweetspot in price and performance
f. Tesla has by far the best charging network.

It is no brainer. With model y deliveries starting from China, it will get more sales even before giga berlin is up.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
plugins + ev's are well over 20% of sales in Germany this year. This is why you see Tesla and ID3/4 in top charts.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
ITT people with internal manufacturer and dealer inventories and a grasp of all of their entire supply chains, I guess.

reading into current sales figures won’t mean anything until we get a few more quarters of results and see how things average out.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
ITT people with internal manufacturer and dealer inventories and a grasp of all of their entire supply chains, I guess.

reading into current sales figures won’t mean anything until we get a few more quarters of results and see how things average out.

it means everything. Sucks for companies that cant deliver, they are losing money and customers.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
it means everything. Sucks for companies that cant deliver, they are losing money and customers.
Exactly, i know after previously working (30+ years) in manufacturing environments for both private and public companies.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I don’t think you understand my meaning, or my conclusions.

Nobody is reading into choppy sales figures. Toyota benefited, but nobody is pricing in a demand premium once their models aren’t factoring massing supply chain issues anymore.

Toyota will get the premium for its supply chain resilience, as will other who demonstrate the ability to deliver relative to market on a sustained basis.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

Depending on guessing isn’t recommended, those of us with world wide manufacturing/supply chain management backgrounds can grasp it.
We now have plenty of quarters of audited sales figures to see trends and average things out if you choose to.

To your point about “dealer inventories“ Tesla has advantages without franchised dealerships since all inventory is company-owned and tracked accordingly.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
back to cars and Tesla Model 3, my best buddy got 2018 E43 AMG. few days ago, nicely kept with 35k miles.

Will the gear changes ever stop? It is laughably bad powertrain. Wont tell it to him cuz i love him, but dear god after a good EV, it would be so hard to go back.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
back to cars and Tesla Model 3, my best buddy got 2018 E43 AMG. few days ago, nicely kept with 35k miles.

Will the gear changes ever stop? It is laughably bad powertrain. Wont tell it to him cuz i love him, but dear god after a good EV, it would be so hard to go back.

Just fyi posts like this are why people laugh at Tesla owners