Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Och

Admirer
Reactions
The hype train is dead. Between this and the cyber truck there isn’t much buzz. Obviously they will still sell.

A few years back NYC stopped issuing new taxi plates, so the influx of new uber drivers have to rent cars with tax plates from those who already got them. Just recently NYC started issuing new taxi plates to electric cars, and now there are a bunch of model 3/Y doing uber - 2 of out 3 Teslas I see on the road have taxi plates.

Issue is, they have nowhere to charge, so they resort to all kinds of crazy measures. There is some poor soul that lives in my neighborhood, he uses orange cones to save his parking spot, and when he's parked he throws a cable across the sidewalk over to his car to charge his Tesla with taxi plates. He puts a little ramp over the cable, but its only a matter of time until someone reports him and the cops or his landlord make him stop doing it.

Incredible how stupid the whole push for EV is, but Tesla is smart to capitalize on it every step of the way.

DQyEaim.jpeg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
It really attracts a type doesnt it.

All the tesla uber drivers ive ever had gave me a real "i was bullied badly and you can read about it in my manifesto" vibes.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The hype train is dead. Between this and the cyber truck there isn’t much buzz. Obviously they will still sell.

heh, actually, worldwide, BEV sales went up to 1 million per month, 69% increase YoY.

BEVs are not going anywhere... if you dont like Elon, there will be plenty of other brands to buy.

mikeavelli

Reactions
heh, actually, worldwide, BEV sales went up to 1 million per month, 69% increase YoY.

BEVs are not going anywhere... if you dont like Elon, there will be plenty of other brands to buy.

From your article

According to the site, sales of EVs fell by 14 percent in the U.S. and Canada between December 2023 and January this year. During the same period, the drop was more substantial in the EU and China, which posted decreases of 32 percent and 26 percent respectively.

Obviously EV sales will rise when you are still a tiny portion of sales. Nowhere to go but up.