Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Ever since the pandemic a lot of car makers have made a lot of dumb decisions. From the price hikes, to the awful customer service, to the ridiculous UAW deals, and all the overpriced SUVs and trucks that nobody can afford. Tesla is acting relatively smart in comparison, given the circumstances.

I can't wait for the Chinese to storm the market until its corrected.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Ever since the pandemic a lot of car makers have made a lot of dumb decisions. From the price hikes, to the awful customer service, to the ridiculous UAW deals, and all the overpriced SUVs and trucks that nobody can afford. Tesla is acting relatively smart in comparison, given the circumstances.

I can't wait for the Chinese to storm the market until its corrected.

Chinese will take time, because only Chinese close to be ready is BYD and MG.
And both will be hit with tariffs and will need extra 2 years in Europe.

After that, nobody can save European car industry if they dont have the product.

Even now MG is growing like crazy in Europe while competing with Peugeot, Renault, Opel, Ford, etc.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Chinese will take time, because only Chinese close to be ready is BYD and MG.
And both will be hit with tariffs and will need extra 2 years in Europe.

After that, nobody can save European car industry if they dont have the product.

Even now MG is growing like crazy in Europe while competing with Peugeot, Renault, Opel, Ford, etc.

Its not just the product, I was generally always against the Chinese autos in the past, but the way American, European and even the Japanese automakers and dealers have been treating consumers for the last 4 years I'll seriously consider a Chinese cars if they are competitive and provide better service.

Back to Tesla, I think they are playing fair game with the price reductions, and they are still the best in the EV game, more than ever. It seems that all much hyped new EVs from Ford, Lucid, etc have turned out to be complete jokes.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If Chinese cars will be as Chinese phones, I definitely am not going to be interested in them. They only will have good specs, but the product in be obsolete when the the lease is over. And I am not a leader under any circumstance, rather use beat up vehicle than lease.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Its not just the product, I was generally always against the Chinese autos in the past, but the way American, European and even the Japanese automakers and dealers have been treating consumers for the last 4 years I'll seriously consider a Chinese cars if they are competitive and provide better service.

Back to Tesla, I think they are playing fair game with the price reductions, and they are still the best in the EV game, more than ever. It seems that all much hyped new EVs from Ford, Lucid, etc have turned out to be complete jokes.

they will not provide better service, but they might be significantly cheaper and with BEVs, they can also have better product than mainstream european competetition.

They are basically doing what Hyundai did 20 years ago, just the product is better.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
they will not provide better service, but they might be significantly cheaper and with BEVs, they can also have better product than mainstream european competetition.

They are basically doing what Hyundai did 20 years ago, just the product is better.

It's not hard to provide a better service these days, the bar has been drastically lowered.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It's not hard to provide a better service these days, the bar has been drastically lowered.

you have to understand that it is not their priority nor they know how to do that. They picked worst dealership groups around in Europe.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Get used to it, there aren't many corporations that care about customer service anymore. Quality is down across the board, and particularly when it comes to EVs from mainstream automakers, they are a total joke.

mikeavelli

Reactions

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Honestly this brand is pretty indefensible at this point. Lies upon lies.

Their bs range is now dropping due to serial complaints, their version of dieselgate and a secret group to hide the issues. This is insane. Glad the govt is holding accountable.

Estimated fuel economy from all manufacturers has always been optimistic, battery life on most electronic devices has always been optimistic, and range on all EVs is straight out bs. Gotta read the fine print and use common sense.

Honestly, anyone who falls for this BS, deserves it.