Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Levi

Expert
Reactions
it is not possible.

What is possible is that driver of that car left his key card in car and did not lock it.

You usually dont unlock it with app, you approach the card with cell phone, via bluetooth it is registered to your car and it then opens when you press the handle. You do not touch your app, it just works.
I agree. It see no technical way how it is possible.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Before you conclude that it's impossible watch the actual interview with the dude who's making the claim: https://globalnews.ca/news/9541040/bc-tesla-driving-wrong-car-app/

For what it's worth I owned Teslas for 6 years, I would not jump to conclusions and assume this is impossible. There are a sh1t ton of software glitches in Tesla software, trust me, I experienced many. Not quite to this level though.

Like 80% of Teslas are white poverty-spec so I can see how someone could easily try to get into the wrong car when they are parked side by side.

The best part:
Randev said he reached out to Tesla, with the video evidence, but he had some emails bounce back and no one has contacted him so far.

Global News also reached out to Tesla multiple times but did not hear back.

“The corporate email in North America, it says the mailbox is full,” Randev said.
Once you give Tesla money to buy a car, they no longer care about you. It's a shame they don't have traditional dealerships, dealerships have a reason to keep you happy and coming back BTW.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Before you conclude that it's impossible watch the actual interview with the dude who's making the claim: https://globalnews.ca/news/9541040/bc-tesla-driving-wrong-car-app/

For what it's worth I owned Teslas for 6 years, I would not jump to conclusions and assume this is impossible. There are a sh1t ton of software glitches in Tesla software, trust me, I experienced many. Not quite to this level though.

Like 80% of Teslas are white poverty-spec so I can see how someone could easily try to get into the wrong car when they are parked side by side.

The best part:

Once you give Tesla money to buy a car, they no longer care about you. It's a shame they don't have traditional dealerships, dealerships have a reason to keep you happy and coming back BTW.

What you are talking about is nonsense, and it has nothing to do with you owning Teslas for 6 years.
During those 6 years of ownership, nobody was able to use their Tesla app to unlock your car via internet, simply because they were close to each other.

This is like media circus about Lexus not being able to brake car from stuck pedals, which turned out to be completely bogus and in fact problem was that dealer had 3 different mats installed on top of each other which pressed on the gas pedal.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
My point is Teslas all have software glitches from time to time, so I'm not overly shocked by this. The guy who was interviewed seems serious.

I know you want to do nothing more than vehemently defend your investment and interest (Lord Elon) but think about it. That guy has no reason to lie and if you see a row of white Model 3's lined up it would be easy to not know which one is yours.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
My point is Teslas all have software glitches from time to time, so I'm not overly shocked by this. The guy who was interviewed seems serious.

I know you want to do nothing more than vehemently defend your investment and interest (Lord Elon) but think about it. That guy has no reason to lie and if you see a row of white Model 3's lined up it would be easy to not know which one is yours.

i can see you simply dont understand how this technology works, and your hate for my Lord Elon clouds your every post on this subject.

Your phone's Tesla app does not care if you lined up 600 white Model 3's next to each other and that you personally can not decide which one is yours. If you take out your app and flash your lights, only one set of lights will flash and you will be able to find your car.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
What is possible is that driver of that car left his key card in car and did not lock it.
That's most likely exactly what happened. I've seen drivers leave the card key on center console over sensor and drive for miles and when they walk away the car remains unlocked, it's also a common occurrence during Tesla test drives. Evannex makes a CARDRAILS™: KEY CARD HOLDER FOR TESLA MODEL 3 AND MODEL Y (not a good idea), to keep key card on console during hard driving.

Now back to the usual smfh and fwot, lol....

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Interesting watching reactions to Teslas deliveries. They missed slightly on consensus expectation for the quarter (a consensus which is already down 18% from this time last year). Quite crazy to look at the forward estimate curves come crashing down. Last spring street was expecting over 700k in Q4, now it barely passes 485k.

It isnt like the EV space is getting less competitive going forward.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Interesting watching reactions to Teslas deliveries. They missed slightly on consensus expectation for the quarter (a consensus which is already down 18% from this time last year). Quite crazy to look at the forward estimate curves come crashing down. Last spring street was expecting over 700k in Q4, now it barely passes 485k.

It isnt like the EV space is getting less competitive going forward.

Tesla selling 1.8m cars in 2023 would be huge success for them.

Not sure how would street have expectations of 700k in q4, best i saw was around 500k. TMC, best manufacturer in the world, had huge supply issues last year and downward adjusted their numbers constantly.

In any case both sides of this argument are manipulating the stock, which i don't care about.

Tesla doing almost 1.4m of sales last year is crazy, doing 12.6b in profit is way crazier and 2023 will be much bigger.

It is not far away that Tesla will become the most profitable manufacturer in the world, despite all the investments they are doing.

To me that's crazy stuff, i right they would die few years ago. Now it seems everyone else will have huge problems with EVs since they can't get the pricing right. To me it seems as if most Chinese premium manufacturers, aka stock darlings will die or be bought off by someone else within 2 years. Nio trying to compete with higher than Tesla price and get having large losses will kill then, same as other ones like xpeng.

A lot of these new brands are all about selling stock, but when it comes to selling cars only tesla delivered.

So sorry for not feeling your omg only 422k units sold in q1. Tesla will outgrow Bmw, MB next year, already are 3x bigger than Lexus, bigger than Mazda, Subaru, with 4 model lineup.

Adding 2, Cybertruck, Semi will just add a lot more.

It is only ew manufacturer that survived outside China in past 30 years.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s not an even playing field. You don’t get a $7500 credit for buying a c class or IS. You do for a Model 3. Overseas it’s more of the same. You don’t get a $7500 credit for buying a X5 or RX. You do for a Model Y.

Lexus likely sold 700k cars last year so it’s not 3 times the size.

Tesla obviously makes a product people want but let’s not forget the governments passing mandates to shove EV’s down our collective throats.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Tesla needs to do more than a new bumper and headlights to make the 3 attractive. Might I suggest more features, radar, parking sensors, and better build quality. But that does look better than the current ugly version.

Will1991

Reactions
Tesla made another price reduction, here in Portugal due to tax incentives the base spec TM3 SR+ model is now cheaper than a base spec Corolla Hybrid as a company car…

It’s starting to get so cheap it’s getting harder not to buy due to the low TCO of it, even for someone who isn’t in love by it.