Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Oh i’m not condoning it and certainly not surprised. Could be some good PR for them if they ordered more lol.

It is good PR for the bakery, according to your article they are slammed with business. As far as waiting a few month to get paid by Tesla, thats the norm when doing business with big corporations.

Reactions
Feb 29 (Reuters) - A California state judge tentatively ruled that nearly 6,000 Black factory workers can sue Tesla (TSLA.O), opens new tab as a group for the electric vehicle maker's alleged failure to address rampant race discrimination and harassment at its Fremont plant.

California Superior Court Judge Noel Wise in Oakland said in a written order issued on Wednesday that the lawsuit presents questions common to all Black workers at the plant of whether Tesla was aware of the alleged misconduct and refused to take steps to prevent it.

The named plaintiff, former assembly line worker Marcus Vaughn, first sued in 2017, alleging that Black factory workers were subjected to a range of racist conduct including slurs, graffiti and nooses hung at their workstations.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Thursday.

Lawrence Organ, a lawyer for Vaughn, said he was "heartened" by the ruling and looked forward to developing a plan for a trial in the case.

"I think the numerous complaints over time show how Tesla failed to prevent racial harassment of its Black employees," Organ said in an email.

Tesla has maintained it does not tolerate workplace harassment and that it has fired employees who were found to have engaged in racial harassment.

The tentative ruling comes ahead of a hearing scheduled for Friday where Tesla can contest Wise's decision, though judges are typically unlikely to change their minds.

The decision represents a major blow to Tesla as it opens the company up to a potential multimillion-dollar judgment. The class includes people who self-identified as Black and worked at the Fremont factory going back to November 2016.

Wise said she planned to hold a trial in the lawsuit beginning in October, when she also will preside over a trial in a case involving similar claims against Tesla by a California state civil rights agency.

Tesla is also facing race bias claims in federal court in California brought by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which enforces federal anti-discrimination laws. Tesla has moved to dismiss that case or alternatively to pause it, claiming the other lawsuits should be resolved first.

The company, meanwhile, is appealing a $3.2 million jury verdict awarded to a Black former elevator operator at the Fremont plant in a separate racial harassment lawsuit. The worker, Owen Diaz, had won a $137 million jury verdict after an initial 2021 trial, but a judge ordered a second trial after ruling the award was excessive.

Reactions
That plant been had issues. How about don’t be racist and don’t get sued lol.

In other news
View attachment 8783

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
the cybertruck crash in the Beverly hills seems to much speed for driver according to the report that came out.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
steve-ballmer-microsoft.gif

*Get bullied*

*Write manifesto*
*Hop in "bullet proof" incel-mobile*
*Commit mass shooting*
*Blame "immigrants" & "woke losers" for driving you to it*

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
The jokes write themselves, cybertruck headlights are freezing over in the winter?

I imagine the most brilliant minds in engineering work at Tesla, and as part of their talent they adapt to the whims and needs of new products on the fly without field testing anything.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The jokes write themselves, cybertruck headlights are freezing over in the winter?

I imagine the most brilliant minds in engineering work at Tesla, and as part of their talent they adapt to the whims and needs of new products on the fly without field testing anything.

It's almost like designing cars, even single components, is incredibly difficult and requires immense, incremental, effort to develop and improve on.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I do love my share of jokes with Tesla, but there are certain things i wonder if the car industry is learning besides what not to do.

The lan system on cybertruck looks very interesting, and I wonder if that is something oems might be pursing for their next generation architectures.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
comical is you reading this stuff. Roadster will have boosters, hence the spacex involvement.
Mate Rimac already commented about it, they were exploring same idea, just too outrageous/expensive.

Also the stupidest thing they are working on, but i guess it will get clicks and clicks are good.

Reactions: Och

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
comical is you reading this stuff. Roadster will have boosters, hence the spacex involvement.
Mate Rimac already commented about it, they were exploring same idea, just too outrageous/expensive.

Also the stupidest thing they are working on, but i guess it will get clicks and clicks are good.
Its more why should we pay for professional PR, when our CEO and his loyal legion of fans do marketing for free?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
He has said recently that ha is on a prescription of ketamine, but won't say why. I think he might be using more than one 'script.

he said it every time it is for depression.

as to the PR, if Yahoo News has rocket on their front page, i guess that's all the PR.

Reactions: Och