sl0519

Follower
Reactions
It only took me a slight bit of an effort to find the leaked video XD
I gotta say...exterior wise it looks just as expected (if it ain't broken, don't fix it)
The interior overall looked fresh but that screen in the middle is straight up a toyota copy
or should I say...the whole interior space is heavily influenced by mirai which I wasn't sure if it is a good or bad move (sharing parts to save cost)
I was originally hoping to see more cues from the LF-1...oh well
One thing I'm pretty sure though is it will still sell like a hot cake

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
I gotta say...exterior wise it looks just as expected (if it ain't broken, don't fix it)
The interior overall looked fresh but that screen in the middle is straight up a toyota copy
or should I say...the whole interior space is heavily influenced by mirai which I wasn't sure if it is a good or bad move (sharing parts to save cost)
What vehicle are we talking about?

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
To confirm with Gecko it was a serious mistake. I’ve spoken to Lexus and they are grateful we took the link down and they are attempting to rectify things immediately.

Lucky some of us don’t sleep Hahahha..

Some of you saw something special you weren’t supposed to see yet :)
Lol late night luck.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

The mirai was the new GS.

Toyota screwed up with associating that interior style with the mirai. Basically cratered the market positioning of their new interior styling.

JUST STOP SHARING PARTS WITH TOYOTA. STOP IT. SHARE THE PARTS PEOPLE CAN'T SEE. STOP.

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Toyota screwed up with associating that interior style with the mirai. Basically cratered the market positioning of their new interior styling.

JUST STOP SHARING PARTS WITH TOYOTA. STOP IT. SHARE THE PARTS PEOPLE CAN'T SEE. STOP.

no problem with them sharing the TTV8 with every Toyota. heck they can even share it with Mazda.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly, Toyota name is a powerful name with a long heritage

And I see nothing wrong sharing parts with Lexus

In Aus / Africa / Mideast people love the name and considering it as a premium name already!

Another point is that VAG shared even the mirror caps between it's cars and even though, every car has a unique look

Edit:01
In Russia the most modified car is the Camry

The most original cars are MarkX and Crown even we get it with the RHD and modified it's body

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

Sharing parts is not a problem. I believe that you are against sharing styling? Two vehicles can look alike -- just as the interior of the Gen2 NX looks similar to the the Gen2 Mirai -- even if they do not obviously share any parts. Or how all Mercedes-Benz sedans, from the C-Class up to the S-Class all look alike, even the C-Class, E-Class and S-Class do not share any body panels.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Screen-Shot-2021-03-30-at-2.06.47-PM-copy-1024x564.png

We are still digesting all of the news from this morning’s LF-Z Electrified concept reveal, and outside of the concept itself, one of the most exciting announcements was around Lexus’ future product plans: 20 new vehicles by 2025.
In the photo above, Koji Sato, Chief Branding Officer at Lexus, stands in front of the LF-Z Electrified as well as four covered future vehicles in the background. What might they be? First, let’s start with some other parts of today’s announcement:

20 new vehicles by 2025 including battery electric vehicles (BEVs), plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and other electric vehicles
Two new vehicle reveals coming this year (2021)
Electric versions of every model by 2025
New “…sports models that continue to provide the fun of...

Continue reading...

supra93

Expert
Reactions
The LS does make sense. Assuming it will be here by 2025 that would make the current model about 8 yo.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Woo hoo! Can't wait. On second thought, my pocketbook can wait for that Lexus that ticks my few requirements.

I am now a believer in Lexus / Toyota reliability. Just need to offer more performance-oriented trims (or keep models such as the IS or RC) not mostly based on cosmetics.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
20 by 2025 , so that means by the end of 2024 & currently we have the following

*no minor or major in the next 3 years
ES , IS & UX
*major MK-II already leaked
NX
*major overhaul is waiting
RX , GX , LX & LM
*new registered tradename
RZ & TX

----------------NX 3 Variants
NX (ICEV)
NX (HEV)
NX (PHEV)
----------------RZ 1 Variant
RZ (BEV)
----------------RX 3 Variants
RX (ICEV)
RX (HEV)
RX (PHEV)
----------------GX 2 Variants
GX (ICEV)
GX (HEV)
----------------LX 2 Variants
LX (ICEV)
LX (HEV)
Those are 11 solid, nearly confirmed.
maybe the production LF-1 limitless in 3 or even 4 , as it maybe even 2 or 1 but anyway we will be close

And I think it's 20 international so we can put 2 for LM (HEV & ICE) maybe 3 PHEV to the previous 2 and maybe even 1 only hybrid as NA Sienna

Now the remaining will be for Sedan and Coupe

Last edited: