Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I have a hard time seeing the production LF-1 debuting in 5 months with 0 trademarks on file. Same for the LS F in November with no trademark.

NX seems very logical, same for LX. I really don't care if the V8 IS is called "IS 500" or "IS F" as long as they build it, but I think it's dumb to debut LS F and LC F, but IS "500"?

Splitting hairs on speculation is moot, so, just bring it all and then we can argue later 😂

Reactions
According to BestCar:

• May 2021, 2NX
10bb0c112767aaf7f552b87158d9b3ea1.jpg

• July 2021, LF
43845431b285a928f8f53200a41864bc.jpg

• October 2021, LX
3a2be1a039042a6b2d05dfef7ba2e120.jpg

• November 2021, the F-Month!
    • IS F, 5.0L V8
3bdd94efa5d23b0663dd3bdf3f2b3516.jpg

• LS F, 4.0L V8TT
cd1ae1dac653d4d2af199bca2e61ca8d.jpg

• LC F, 4.0L V8TT
0d052b6272a2bcc451446a5e302e4887.jpg

Source:
アクア、ヴェゼル、レクサスNXなど怒涛の12台! 2021年のスクープ新車カレンダー上半期版 - 自動車情報誌「ベストカー」 (bestcarweb.jp) アクア、ヴェゼル、レクサスNXなど怒涛の12台! 2021年のスクープ新車カレンダー上半期版 (bestcarweb.jp)

It's going to be a experience amazing year!

Some sentences from Google translate:
"LC F will be the flagship sports coupe at the end. Like the LS F, it will be equipped with a newly developed V8 and 4L twin turbo that boasts 670ps/66.3kgm. The chassis is thoroughly tuned to the power, and the double joint multilink suspension handles 21 inch tires. The cast aluminum suspension upper mounting structure is adopted, and the body rigidity is also improved. "

"The power train is the V8 and 5L DOHC equipped with the RC F, and demonstrates 481ps/54.6kgm. "

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEART.

Update: I can't seem to find the article that talks about the Lexus F products. Something is up here.

Update 2.0: It looks like these guys also came up with the same conclusion, but it was 5 months ago, and they referenced BestCar. This is old news apparently. https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...ber-new-mercedes-amg-c63-rival-to-return-with

Update 3.0: May have been first originated from 5 months ago but the new photo renders do tell us that there may be something more to this.

Last edited:

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
This is someone's straight out fantasy unfortunately for all of us. This year we have the the concept, NX and maybe that RZ that's supposed to be that new face concept will preview. That's three vehicles already and no one knows if they will go on sale this year. IS500 is probably coming but not this year, maybe in some type of preview by the end of the year in best case scenario

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Yeah I agree unfortunately I think people are playing with our heart. I hope I'm dead wrong as my lease is now up in 9 months with no suitable Lexus replacement but as I have said before Lexus you are already behind there is no point to have any more secrets on any products as the competition already has it. I mean it's already February shouldn't we have scene some of these cars already or as @Gecko said I think shouldn't we have trademarks for some of these models that Lexus doesn't even have anymore. I want to be excited about all of the rumors but that has been about what all of this has been for years. Rumors and nothing else. I want to be wrong because I want my next car to be a Lexus but I really don't see any validity to these rumors.

Reactions
the only credible Lexus rumor is Lexus/Mazda rwd based midsize platform sedans/coupe.

I honestly think that is the worst thing that could possibly happen. Lexus needs to be their own luxury brand. However if that happens one day, all of this smells like they're going to take a VW Group approach. It's Toyota, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki, and Daihatsu that make up Toyota Motor Corporation.

I did some more researching within BestCar and it looks like the rumors from them are fresh again, because think about it, those photo renders are brand-spanking new, and it looks like they've added some more insider information, so maybe there's hope.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
@F1 Silver Arrows, you're forgeting Suzuki and Daihatsu as well...

Guys, let's try not to start downplaying this rumors, let's try to avoid turn so much good rumors into fuel for the "thread I don't want to speak of"...

Sure, Lexus did have a couple of bad moves and slow years... But this last few months have been amazing with:
  • RZ450e trademark signaling a BEV on dedicated platform;
  • Direct4 for HV/PHV's and BEV's;
  • An all new model prototype and a new yet to be shown concept (on the same video of the Direct4);
  • This week announcement of a new direction for the brand;
  • Mostly confirmed 2NX with a revolucionaty design, new Lexus design and a well developed PHV powertrain.
  • Almost confirmed turbo hybrid powertrains;

It's one of the best times ever to be a Lexus enthusiast, let's get our hopes back up for this brand we all love!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
the only credible Lexus rumor is Lexus/Mazda rwd based midsize platform sedans/coupe.

There is absolutely no official word on the Mazda platform being RWD - from Mazda themselves, the new "large" architecture for their I6 will be AWD. It seems the internet rumors calling for RWD were all wrong.

“Powertrain: I6 engine (Gasoline/Diesel/X)/ AWD” While it was expected that a petrol and diesel engine would be spun from the new inline six engine range, some speculation remained as to the role SkyActiv-X spark-controlled compression ignition would play, we now know both regular petrol and SPCCI versions will be made available. At no point does Mazda reference rear-wheel drive, suggesting the new Large range may be all-wheel drive only.

This forum keeps running with "RWD Mazda" and "Mazda using TNGA-N" or "Mazda gets GA-L." As per MAZDA, this new large platform will be AWD.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
@F1 Silver Arrows, you're forgeting Suzuki and Daihatsu as well...

Guys, let's try not to start downplaying this rumors, let's try to avoid turn so much good rumors into fuel for the "thread I don't want to speak of"...

Sure, Lexus did have a couple of bad moves and slow years... But this last few months have been amazing with:
  • RZ450e trademark signaling a BEV on dedicated platform;
  • Direct4 for HV/PHV's and BEV's;
  • An all new model prototype and a new yet to be shown concept (on the same video of the Direct4);
  • This week announcement of a new direction for the brand;
  • Mostly confirmed 2NX with a revolucionaty design, new Lexus design and a well developed PHV powertrain.
  • Almost confirmed turbo hybrid powertrains;

It's one of the best times ever to be a Lexus enthusiast, let's get our hopes back up for this brand we all love!

All of those things mentioned above come from Toyota R&D for Toyota products first, Lexus second. Including the 3.5TT hybrid that's being developed because of Toyota trucks not because of Lexus LS or LC.

Don't get your 2NX hopes high up, that car cannot be anything revolutionary cause it's a high cost-saving product, unlike RX or LX. Expect a new turbo engine and new infotainment not shared with Toyota.

Will1991

Reactions
You’re saying it’s Toyota R&D has a bad thing, but with less than 1M units per year Lexus would be in real trouble regarding R&D budget!
And there are a lot of Lexus only/firsts:
  • V35A
  • Direct4
  • Multistage
  • 5.0L V8 with F spec (almost 500hp)
  • 8/10AT
It’s not realistic to think Lexus have enough money to have a proprietary or decent R&D department...

Even Mercedes resorted to Renault and now Geely;
BMW talked with Toyota for several electrification patents;
VW is rumored to be trying to share MEB with Ford;
GM and Accura are teaming for BEV’s;
Fiat being part of the large FCA talked with Mazda to build the 124;
And the list goes one...

I don’t know why Lexus pooling with Toyota R&D is a bad thing, specially when it’s so good and technically capable.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^I don't think he is saying Toyota R&D is a bad thing at all (it isn't!), but rather that the trend over the last 4-5 years has been for Toyota to get everything first, then Lexus gets it second. For example, this year, the Tundra will debut all-new infotainment and the 3.5L V6 hybrid. I assume that depending on timing, NX could debut the new infotainment first, but I haven't heard anything about "new infotainment" in relation to NX like I have with the Tundra.

Lexus list of "firsts" fits on one hand compared to what Toyota has debuted first over the same timeframe. Hopefully that will start to change.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
So if this is true that means the reports claiming the TTV8 project was thrown out earlier this year due to COVID were false 🤔

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Hopefully there will be some time for many of you to still enjoy Lexus ICEVs when some countries are banning them as early as 2025.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I honestly think that is the worst thing that could possibly happen. Lexus needs to be their own luxury brand. However if that happens one day, all of this smells like they're going to take a VW Group approach. It's Toyota, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki, and Daihatsu that make up Toyota Motor Corporation.

I did some more researching within BestCar and it looks like the rumors from them are fresh again, because think about it, those photo renders are brand-spanking new, and it looks like they've added some more insider information, so maybe there's hope.
Is the VW approach really bad tho? VW does a good job of distinguishing majority of their models, minus a few cheap models for 3rd world countries.

I am excited for the RWD-Mazda/Toyota project, Mazda can make some good reliable engines and stunning cars.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
^I don't think he is saying Toyota R&D is a bad thing at all (it isn't!), but rather that the trend over the last 4-5 years has been for Toyota to get everything first, then Lexus gets it second. For example, this year, the Tundra will debut all-new infotainment and the 3.5L V6 hybrid. I assume that depending on timing, NX could debut the new infotainment first, but I haven't heard anything about "new infotainment" in relation to NX like I have with the Tundra.

Lexus list of "firsts" fits on one hand compared to what Toyota has debuted first over the same timeframe. Hopefully that will start to change.

pretty sure NX will get new infotainment, i think they wrote it will have some huge screen.

And I very much doubt they are doing it that way - it is product cadence.

Besides, Toyota and Lexus models infotainment is very different, only really high end Toyotas get better Lexus system, actual Toyota system is really bad.

Reactions
Is the VW approach really bad tho? VW does a good job of distinguishing majority of their models, minus a few cheap models for 3rd world countries.

I am excited for the RWD-Mazda/Toyota project, Mazda can make some good reliable engines and stunning cars.

I just don't want Lexus' brand identity to be washed away that's all.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

for most of the world, VW does not do a great job.

In any case, TMC is not VW, and they will never share so much with Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki, etc, it is not the same type of relationship.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
No one thinks the old 3.5 hybrid system won’t change in the LS-LC hybrid models? I heard that set is being deprecated. If so that will be a huge boost to the LS-LC hybrid models. We should wait and see on the LF. Models. I also Read post about people like Kirk taking content. Why don’t this forum protect its stuff from being taken off the site? I watched him and all he does is go on different sites and picks off others content.

r,

markus