Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
All I know is that right now politicians and CEOs will say whatever they want and there is no real consequences if they miss the fabricated target. BEV sales in the US are flat year over year right now anyway.

I'd like to see the free market decide on what customers want instead of govt interference with major taxpayer handouts all over the place.

Sometimes I wonder if the transition to BEV is actually for the environment or the money?
It's purely financial many government officials are the biggest oil investors they know ev targets would not be met and the world would come back to oil based fuels but with supply cut in half and an ever increasing just imagine the returns. Other then that there are many products derived from oil including many vegan based products as they rely on PLASTIC so oil production is not going anywhere

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
These ramblings are pure fantasy. As though the world were a soap opera.

What's the energy sectors average ROCE? How does what you explained benefit them more vs climate denying and doubling down?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I was mistaken to say the Type 21 V35 doesn't have VVT-iW. It seems that it still has a wider timing variation range (65 degrees) than regular VVT-i (40 degrees) but narrower than VVT-iW/VVT-iEW (70-85 degrees) and not wide enough to allow Miller cycle operation.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
RC + LC Render
If this makes it to production especially an IS looking like that with an interior space of the GS its going to be hard not to get one. as long as its not only BEV

That's a very worthy design to replace the LC. and If it means bringing the SC Name back it might make a lot of sense. Especially with the LFR also coming to the market.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
BMW will also combine 4 and 8 into 6 series. All brands can sustain 1 coupe at most.
I think it makes sense. The RC and LC performance figure are almost identical so having one coupe makes sense for Lexus all they need to do is out do the interior execution of the current LC.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
If this makes it to production especially an IS looking like that with an interior space of the GS its going to be hard not to get one. as long as its not only BEV

That's a very worthy design to replace the LC. and If it means bringing the SC Name back it might make a lot of sense. Especially with the LFR also coming to the market.
I think it’ll sell like hotcakes. Me personally, I am divided between getting an LC and RC. And, from what I’ve seen a lot others are also.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No

I think it’ll sell like hotcakes. Me personally, I am divided between getting an LC and RC. And, from what I’ve seen a lot others are also.

I feel like the only people who would be debating this are people who can't really afford an LC...?

LC is completely superior in every way outside of raw performance of the RC F Fuji/Track Edition. Even then, would you rather spend $100k on an LC or an RC F :oops:

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Aside from the cost difference, I never understood why Lexus offers both the LC and RC. Consolidating the coups to one model would make sense. That being said, if Lexus thought was a market for a cheaper coupe, they could offer a two door IS along with a higher end RC/LC replacement.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I find the LC to be a rather ugly car. From a purely aesthetics perspective, I’d rather have an RC.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I think most brands have given up competing against Porsche for the flagship 2 door 2+2 market. The 911 is just too dominant. This is not a market where value matters, which is the strongest point of LC (despite of its seemingly unreachable price by Lexus standards). BBA's figures are inflated by the so-called 4 door coupes which are themselves going out of fashion, but they know well the 2 door versions aren't selling.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I'd be surprised if the next decade didn't see Porsche have a demographic crisis.
Can't buy your way out of death, and the 9/11 is a car with particular social associations that I've seen young people not too hot on.