Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
Different topic... But, are we going to be hearing anything regarding the RCF/RC? Nothing on the Lexus website regarding the 2023 version, everything else in the performance section has been updated with 2023 options...
You can see the 2023 RC on Lexus Canada website, but not RC F yet

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Sad truth. Hopefully this TNGA-A platform is real we could get an IS at the least
I agree. The prospect of an ICE next-gen IS on a platform lighter than GA-L is exciting, but best we can do is wait and keep an eye out for rumours/information.

I'm sure the EV IS will be amazing too.. but I want to see that gorgeous body from the concept with an internal combustion engine.

Will1991

Reactions
I don't know if this have been shared before, but here goes.

TMC R&D is not stopping and it's looking to invest big on BEV's, there's even some sort of "supper bottle" coming:

image.png

On the motors side, we now know when they're coming:

image.png

That Large/Premium system is a 800V arquitecture.

By 2025, we're going to get the 2nd generation eAxle, focusing on improving motor efficiency by 10% and we're going to have 3 versions (Small, Medium, Large/Premium).

2nd gen eAxle:
image.png

For the 3rd generation eAxle, TMC is focusing on size and weight reduction, looking for 30% less weight and less than half the size:

image.png

That 3rd gen eAxle motor prototype was finished in Spring 2022.

Will1991

Reactions
There is also that engine we know it's going to happen in a BEV sports car:

image.png

That looks like it has a split box to accomplish the 2 speeds:

image.png

And the new eFour system, that's almost the same size has the previous iAWD systems:

image.png

This new system have 5.7xmore power and 1.5xmore torque.

image.png

The efficiency was also an important aspect from this motor and TMC even looked deep on how the oil works inside it:

image.png

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That two-stage system will be in the IS EV not the super car. Also I would like to hear about the 5.7x power and 1.5x torque, what's the source?

We are seeing a lot of smoke and mirrors from TMC. They revealed that very ambitious EV plan only to cancel it a year later. Then we get complete opposite reports that no new EVs coming before 2025 (after BZ4X/RZ/BZ3). But then we see a C-HR EV concept that's launching next year, and then in Thailand out of all places they just revealed the Hilux BEV and an IMV0 concept that can take all kinds of powertrains from BEV to FCEV to H2 ICEV. There is no reliable information source out there on TMC's actual EV plans whatsoever.

Will1991

Reactions
Due to the path TMC seems to be following, I wasn’t expecting to see it on the IS BEV to be honest…
Isn’t the IS on the compact sports sedan segment? According to BlueNexus is for a performance car and a mid-size car.

So, it went from 5.3kW and 55Nm on the older system to 30kW and 84Nm.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Well my question is, will the 4IS be ev or gas? They showed an ev concept but their plans are now changing up.