Will1991

Reactions
Lexus is promoting some interviews with Etienne Plas, due to the UX300e, some "new" information:

-> CHAdeMO fast charging for all introduced markets due to large availability, they believe there is around 14k charging points, more than CCS.
My question would be, offering a CCS connection, wouldn't be a more future proof product?

->It's currently being sold for Netherlands and Norway, first deliveries to start in around 3 months.

->More markets only for Q1 2021.

->They're planning a international partnership for the charging network.

-> For the Netherlands, Toyota and Lexus have partened with VATTENFAL (https://group.vattenfall.com/press-...e-electrical-vehicles-and-reach-zero-emission)

Honestly, they could learn from Mercedes on charging payment:

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Charging pricing is going to be such a mess, as there has never been. Contracts to charge car from certain network? Imagine having a contract with a grocery store, can't shop unless you have a contract, need a contract for every store brand...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Charging pricing is going to be such a mess, as there has never been. Contracts to charge car from certain network? Imagine having a contract with a grocery store, can't shop unless you have a contract, need a contract for every store brand...

Providers are unifying that, manufacturers just providing users.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Contracts are the new high-end, better-service option. All the online purchase portals now offer a "contract", via some type of membership (like Amazon Prime). Buy a membership -- or contract or subscription -- and get better service, like discounts, free shipping, etc. A no-contract option is still available but membership/contract gets you better service.

So I can understand a contract with an charging service provider, if it gets you "to the front of the line". Until EV charging stations become as ubiquitous as the corner gas/petrol station, I can understand paying for a membership to get better, guaranteed service.

Will1991

Reactions
A "small" request from our Chinese friends, is it possible to have some charging curve?
I've been looking for some information about it but without any luck... Since we're getting CHAdeMO@50kW, it shouldn't be all that far from your GB/T.

Will1991

Reactions
New information for Europe, Lexus will offer charging services:

800_lexus-ux300e-lifestyle-36.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
Lexus Europe UX300e Press Kit is now available:

1920_uxevbatterypackaging.jpg

We can read that reliability and durability are Lexus main goals:
“For maximum control, battery voltage sensors have been adopted to monitor the voltage of each battery cell and block, as well as the battery cell temperature. This enhanced level of battery voltage detection, in tandem with the car’s advanced Battery Management System, results in maximum usable battery cell capacity, leading to an extended driving range.“

“Designed to last the entire life of the UX 300e and equipped with an advanced battery management system, the lithium-ion battery pack delivers over 300 km of range and has been developed for minimum deterioration.”

They also say:
“With the UX 300e spearheading this quantum shift at Lexus, ’Lexus Electrified’ includes the development of next-generation HEVs, PHEVs, BEVs and FCVs. Moving forward, Lexus plans to expand its electrified vehicle line-up: the first Lexus PHEV and a new dedicated BEV (all-electric) platform will be launched early this decade.”

Sadly it has been developed with urban driving given its small range and slow DC charging, but it seems it was made this way to achieve a industry leading battery longevity.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

It might be a bit quirky for some, but quiet EV power really suits the Lexus vibe

FOR: Slick, sophisticated, well judged

AGAINST: Suffers slightly from not being a bespoke e-platform

Verdict
A solid effort at a full pure electric vehicle from Lexus. It’s quiet, efficient enough, makes good use of the advantages of the drivetrain and is a relaxing car to drive. There’s not a huge amount of surprise and delight - it feels like ‘just’ an electric UX, and you wonder what Lexus might be able to do with a bespoke EV platform given the opportunity. Which it likely will have in the not-too-distant future.

Interestingly, Lexuses have always suited slick and quiet motivation, so the application of electric feels entirely in-keeping with the brand - it feels very natural to be piloting a Lexus BEV. It’s not particularly cheap, and there’s a lot of competition on the horizon, but for now, it’s a decent effort.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
We finally have some pricing for the UX300e, with every expenses accounted for it goes from 54.900€ (Around 3.000€ more than a base spec TM3 SR+) up to 67.200€ (Around 500€ more than a base spec TM3P or 1000€ than a base spec TMY LR).

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-11-12-lexus-ux-reviews-hero.jpg

European automotive outlets have driven the Lexus UX 300e, the first full-electric offering from our favorite Japanese luxury brand. Reviews are a mixed bag, let’s start off with a positive look from Top Gear:

A solid effort at a full pure electric vehicle from Lexus. It’s quiet, efficient enough, makes good use of the advantages of the drivetrain and is a relaxing car to drive. There’s not a huge amount of surprise and delight – it feels like ‘just’ an electric UX, and you wonder what Lexus might be able to do with a bespoke EV platform given the opportunity. Which it likely will have in the not-too-distant future.
Interestingly, Lexuses have always suited slick and quiet motivation, so the application of electric feels entirely in-keeping with the brand – it feels very natural to be piloting a Lexus BEV...

Continue reading...

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The UX 300e has been introduced in the Southeast Asian country of Indonesia, I had expected that Lexus' first EV would be introduced in North America (Canada and USA) before the developing countries of Southeast Asia. I wonder if Lexus will change its mind with the change of administration in the USA in January 2021?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
This is about Honda's EV purported strategy from Best Car. Google Translate did a decent job.

Hoping we hear from Toyota its strategy going into 2025. Still rooting for Toyota and Lexus on the EV front. Also that it hopefully extends the battery warranty to 16 years at 50% capacity.

Will1991

Reactions
Some more information about UX300e DC charging, and it’s not good in very cold temperatures:

With Google translate I was able to understand a lot, but in a couple of pictures from the chargers display we can read more than 400V on the 350V Lexus battery pack....
What am I missing here? Could any of our Chinese friends help with this one?

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Some more information about UX300e DC charging, and it’s not good in very cold temperatures:

With Google translate I was able to understand a lot, but in a couple of pictures from the chargers display we can read more than 400V on the 350V Lexus battery pack....
What am I missing here? Could any of our Chinese friends help with this one?
I have converted the Chinese in the picture into the computer recognized words.
First Picture:
电池类型 三元材料

需求电流 38.00A

需求电压 403.20V

额定电压 355.20V

最高单体电压 3.66V

最高允许单体电压 4.20V

最高测量点温度 1.00'C

充电监控 费用信息 设备信息 电池信息

the second:
充电电量 1.4kWh

充电费用 2.11元

充电电流 49.30A

充电电压 469.60V

the third one, only the number is different;

the last is BYD‘s Bev(Han-EV),its battery is lithium iron phosphate.
电池类型 磷酸铁锂