Will1991

Admirer
Reaction score
Lexus is promoting some interviews with Etienne Plas, due to the UX300e, some "new" information:

-> CHAdeMO fast charging for all introduced markets due to large availability, they believe there is around 14k charging points, more than CCS.
My question would be, offering a CCS connection, wouldn't be a more future proof product?

->It's currently being sold for Netherlands and Norway, first deliveries to start in around 3 months.

->More markets only for Q1 2021.

->They're planning a international partnership for the charging network.

-> For the Netherlands, Toyota and Lexus have partened with VATTENFAL (https://group.vattenfall.com/press-and-media/news--press-releases/pressreleases/2020/vattenfall-incharge-and-louwman-group-in-new-cooperation-to-charge-electrical-vehicles-and-reach-zero-emission)

Honestly, they could learn from Mercedes on charging payment:

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reaction score
Charging pricing is going to be such a mess, as there has never been. Contracts to charge car from certain network? Imagine having a contract with a grocery store, can't shop unless you have a contract, need a contract for every store brand...

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
Charging pricing is going to be such a mess, as there has never been. Contracts to charge car from certain network? Imagine having a contract with a grocery store, can't shop unless you have a contract, need a contract for every store brand...
Providers are unifying that, manufacturers just providing users.

Sulu

Follower
Reaction score
Contracts are the new high-end, better-service option. All the online purchase portals now offer a "contract", via some type of membership (like Amazon Prime). Buy a membership -- or contract or subscription -- and get better service, like discounts, free shipping, etc. A no-contract option is still available but membership/contract gets you better service.

So I can understand a contract with an charging service provider, if it gets you "to the front of the line". Until EV charging stations become as ubiquitous as the corner gas/petrol station, I can understand paying for a membership to get better, guaranteed service.

Will1991

Admirer
Reaction score
A "small" request from our Chinese friends, is it possible to have some charging curve?
I've been looking for some information about it but without any luck... Since we're getting CHAdeMO@50kW, it shouldn't be all that far from your GB/T.