Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Mike did the team rebuild the #14 after Ben's close encounter with the Michelin sign or just leave it as is? I was curious if they would want it intact for team photos etc. at the celebration.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What level of competition is the IMSA sportscar championship and how significant is the champion? Is it a top-level global GT3 series?

Toyota global newsroom updates every result of their WEC, WRC and Dakar programs. But this is not on the Lexus newsroom?

Reactions
What level of competition is the IMSA sportscar championship and how significant is the champion? Is it a top-level global GT3 series?

Toyota global newsroom updates every result of their WEC, WRC and Dakar programs. But this is not on the Lexus newsroom?

It indeed is a top-level series Vasser Sullivan with the RCF GT3 and its amazing drivers beat out manufacture-supported Aston Martin, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Porsche etc for the title. They updated the Lexus Newsroom. History has been made. Also there have been signification wins with in Super GT300 also with K tunes racing team with their RCF GT3. They're probably updating like crazy since it's probably the biggest exciting news for Lexus racing brand going forward. Just an amazing feat. Their story from the inception of the development to the drivers is truly documentary-worthy. I have been following this team since the RCF GT3 was developed and raced with Scott P and Jack on 3GT and to see this is simply astonishing. They have also won with series-level wins with Farnbacher Racing and Emil Frey also with the same platform in prior global series. Shout out to Toyota Technocraft Lexus Racing and of course Vasser Sullivan! @BoziT I see you sir!Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 5.36.57 PM.png

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mike did the team rebuild the #14 after Ben's close encounter with the Michelin sign or just leave it as is? I was curious if they would want it intact for team photos etc. at the celebration.

Hey, no the 14 was done. The 12 went down due to drivetrain but made it back out after an hour or so.

But the team works some magic for photos….

mikeavelli

Reactions

To add we race against some of the most esteemed manufacturers and teams. Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo. BMW, Mercedes, Acura the C8 Vette etc. Very humbling to race against these greats and celebrate a first championship

Reactions
To continue the momentum also check out big things being by this RCF GT3 team this race at Fuji Speedway. Sadly they got hit by another car multiple times but kept fighting. Complimenting Lexus Racings feats around the world with the platform. Also sponsored by Sony's Grandturismo franchise which is dope. I love this RCF GT3 Team also and the K tunes RCF battles in Super GT great Lexus F stuff.

i1pRzCZ07ibZF.jpg

Last edited:

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
Little insider secret is that we build both of the cars to be identical along with a third backup car so that parts can interchange when needed so we found the best use of our time was to move the bodywork from the No. 14 over to the No. 12 after it completed its race and use that for the photos and videos that evening.

BoziT

Fan
Reactions

IMSA is absolutely a top level series especially when you consider the level of talent that joins with experience in everything form WEC, IndyCar, F1, and more. The top story on the Lexus newsroom and internal Toyota pages it he championship. As an added note, while I cannot mention them by name, some leadership from Japan joined us for the race as well.

Reactions
Little insider secret is that we build both of the cars to be identical along with a third backup car so that parts can interchange when needed so we found the best use of our time was to move the bodywork from the No. 14 over to the No. 12 after it completed its race and use that for the photos and videos that evening.
Is the third car essentially the one you have on display at your booth? That thing looks nearly identical lol

Reactions
IMSA is absolutely a top level series especially when you consider the level of talent that joins with experience in everything form WEC, IndyCar, F1, and more. The top story on the Lexus newsroom and internal Toyota pages it he championship. As an added note, while I cannot mention them by name, some leadership from Japan joined us for the race as well.
Oh snap!!

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
Is the third car essentially the one you have on display at your booth? That thing looks nearly identical lol
The one on display is close in many aspects but doesn't have stuff like the latest sensors required by the series and such since it's only used for display. Our backup car is built up at the same time as the primary race cars so that it has identical specs all the way down to the base suspension setup and it typically just lives in the trailer all weekend if we're fortunate.

Reactions
The one on display is close in many aspects but doesn't have stuff like the latest sensors required by the series and such since it's only used for display. Our backup car is built up at the same time as the primary race cars so that it has identical specs all the way down to the base suspension setup and it typically just lives in the trailer all weekend if we're fortunate.
Nice good sir! What one doesnt know! So cool when it's unpacked!!

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
It's all about the details and being prepared. We have the backup car that's ready to go that comes with us but we also have enough spares to be able to replace almost anything on the primary cars. When we do have an issue or incident it's often a decision of what is most time effective to do. If replacing parts is going to take significantly longer than swapping to another car then we go to the backup but we typically try to repair the primary cars if it makes sense from a time perspective.

A lot of it also comes down to experience and the fact that most of our crew has been together since the team moved to NC in 2020 which allows us to do things quickly. We did a team record engine change at Canada this year by being able to pull the complete front end of the car, swap the engine, reassemble everything, and have it running with the new engine in just over two hours.

Reactions
It's all about the details and being prepared. We have the backup car that's ready to go that comes with us but we also have enough spares to be able to replace almost anything on the primary cars. When we do have an issue or incident it's often a decision of what is most time-effective to do. If replacing parts is going to take significantly longer than swapping to another car then we go to the backup but we typically try to repair the primary cars if it makes sense from a time perspective.

A lot of it also comes down to experience and the fact that most of our crew has been together since the team moved to NC in 2020 which allows us to do things quickly. We did a team record engine change at Canada this year by being able to pull the complete front end of the car, swap the engine, reassemble everything, and have it running with the new engine in just over two hours.
An absolutely incredible feat. I remember that engine change definitely was praised live on TV and it speaks to the high level of cohesion the team has. I have always said it's documentary-worthy since this level of success is amazing territory to be in. I think it's safe to say you guys raised the bar very high in the GTD/GTD Pro segments considering your company and their lineage. The question is now whats next! Racing this platform and the whole journey literally lead to me buying an RCF so just a great culture you guys created!

BTW One of my favorite races you guys did and livery R61_9724.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
We're trying to do more content from the track and it's been great to have @mikeavelli and his squad around to capture great video at some of the races. Hopefully we can share even more in the future. Love the 100 Thieves livery and how it stood out.
@mikeavelli did a fantastic job with that indeed! Social has been on point with Lexus Racing and Vasser Sullivan. You guys did some prior dives with Scott P and Jack that I really enjoyed especially when they raced each other. Im still shocked @mikeavelli aint got a GX or something that man like 6'4 how he riding in an LC is a Takumi engineering mystery ( Kidding ) . I aint taking no pictures with Mike unless he like 6ft away from me with my 5'10 self lol. Kidding all love. Cant wait to see you guys on the track again but before than enjoy the glow of being champions!