Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Tough luck for the #14. There was nowhere for Mike to go with a spinning LMP2 right in front of him. Kudos for the #12 being in the mix right up until it all went up in flames, literally.

Reactions
Clip of ending of parade lap
Did you?
e840e2a0-7a12-4f6d-b31e-0053579b0bd9_text.gif

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Toyota WEC cars have been hit with substantial BoP for the first race weekend. Ferrari escaped the BoP with a scratch so I would assume they are the favorites to win the WEC opener. Peugeot got big boost in performance as well.

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
Toyota WEC cars have been hit with substantial BoP for the first race weekend. Ferrari escaped the BoP with a scratch so I would assume they are the favorites to win the WEC opener. Peugeot got big boost in performance as well.
I saw that they have also made the RC-F GT3 the heaviest of the GT3s

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Good news if you have a Max subscription. I have Max through Xfinity. Having to watch LeMans on Motortrend was a hassle with their endless commercials for the same programs on their channel.

EDIT: Well turns out there is a little caveat to the above story. You have to get the BR Sports $9.99 a month addon to have WEC coverage.

Last edited:

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Session 2 went great for Akkodis apparently. Lets see if they can translate that into real world performance on Saturday.

When it comes to hypercars I would rather keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately I can't, it's already turning into Porsche-Ferrari shitshow. So predictable and obvious what office wants out of this season.

Reactions
Session 2 went great for Akkodis apparently. Lets see if they can translate that into real world performance on Saturday.
The Lexus RC Fs have the highest top speed too, by a margin of at least 10 kph compared to the next fastest cars. I assume they're going to be balanced by being a bit slower in the corners, but this should spell some success for us in Le Mans. :)
When it comes to hypercars I would rather keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately I can't, it's already turning into Porsche-Ferrari shitshow. So predictable and obvious what office wants out of this season.
Woah there bud, don't worry now. Toyota is clearly sandbagging here. This is something that they always have done and will always do. They were sandbagging the living hell out of the first few sessions and during qualifying in Sebring last year and look what happened in the race. They lapped everyone.

JOTA Sport revealed their hand too early and Ferrari is pretty balanced right now. I'm sure the Ferraris will eclipse them quite easily.

What we need to pay attention to is the sole Caddy and the Peugeots. The former is looking pretty racy while the latter has the best BoP out of all the hypercars right now.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Porsche might be partying too hard in these testing sessions but Ferrari is visceral looking on the track. If they loose out on the P1 after Saturday it would be rather due to their inexperience than the actual car. Can't really tell how Toyota is up ahead until BoP revision cause their BoP right now is pretty heavyweight.

Reactions
Porsche might be partying too hard in these testing sessions but Ferrari is visceral looking on the track. If they loose out on the P1 after Saturday it would be rather due to their inexperience than the actual car. Can't really tell how Toyota is up ahead until BoP revision cause their BoP right now is pretty heavyweight.
Yeah but their BoP isn't THAT ideal either. I still think this is a fight between Ferrari and Toyota at the end of the day, with the Peugeots and Caddy trying to nip at the heels of the frontrunners.

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
The Lexus RC Fs have the highest top speed too, by a margin of at least 10 kph compared to the next fastest cars. I assume they're going to be balanced by being a bit slower in the corners, but this should spell some success for us in Le Mans. :)

Woah there bud, don't worry now. Toyota is clearly sandbagging here. This is something that they always have done and will always do. They were sandbagging the living hell out of the first few sessions and during qualifying in Sebring last year and look what happened in the race. They lapped everyone.

JOTA Sport revealed their hand too early and Ferrari is pretty balanced right now. I'm sure the Ferraris will eclipse them quite easily.

What we need to pay attention to is the sole Caddy and the Peugeots. The former is looking pretty racy while the latter has the best BoP out of all the hypercars right now.
The speeds in the first session for the RC F were an anomaly as they were still testing some calibrations and had not gotten everything working fully as required so I wouldn't expect that for the rest of the weekend.

Reactions
The speeds in the first session for the RC F were an anomaly as they were still testing some calibrations and had not gotten everything working fully as required so I wouldn't expect that for the rest of the weekend.
Hi Bozi! I'm not sure what you mean. How were they 10 kph faster if they were just "testing some calibrations" as you say? Being 10 kph faster would imply good things no? Especially how decently competitive they were in testing?

In other words, are you suggesting that their speed in the straights is only due to the low-drag setup that Lexus is famous for using? I remember from the GT World Challenge this was the case, they were crazy fast on the straights due to the high power/low drag setup, but their speeds on the corners would be impacted. Perhaps for LMGT3 they'd need to opt for a setup that would be better for the corners, and slightly slower in the straights? I would appreciate any clarification.

Also, if you can disclose this, have you in any way helping the Akkodis guys understanding the car? I know Jack Hawksworth has done a lot to help, but what about fellow IMSA engineers/mechanics?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Put a pile of concrete blocks to slow the Toyotas down again, and when you are at, why not push them off the track in the 1st corner as well 🙄

Freaking unwatchable I tell you.

Are many other car manufacturers these days so broke that the only way to make their race cars seem competitive is to use underhanded tactics against the one who didn't spend their money recklessly over the last few decades?

Reactions
Dear god we are bad. And by we I mean both Toyota and Lexus.

The GR010 Hybrid is the best car out there, and yet we can't fight for the podium.