Reactions
Porsche and Peugeot do not deserve the advantages they're getting right now.

Peugeot had the worst hypercar last year and this year with the help of the BoP they're the lightest AND the most powerful car. Porsche is also extremely overpowered when you consider that they were genuinely just "average" last year.

I think a BoP isn't the worst idea to bring parity amongst everyone. However AT LEAST have the BoP be fair or be representative of a car's true ability to perform.

But out of the two, I want a Peugeot win. I can't stand Porsche fans, they're one of the most toxic people on planet Earth.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
IMO, their current way of doing BoP is like turning a professional racing series into something more like modern day kindergarten, even if you suck big time you're still given a win.

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
Hi Bozi! I'm not sure what you mean. How were they 10 kph faster if they were just "testing some calibrations" as you say? Being 10 kph faster would imply good things no? Especially how decently competitive they were in testing?

In other words, are you suggesting that their speed in the straights is only due to the low-drag setup that Lexus is famous for using? I remember from the GT World Challenge this was the case, they were crazy fast on the straights due to the high power/low drag setup, but their speeds on the corners would be impacted. Perhaps for LMGT3 they'd need to opt for a setup that would be better for the corners, and slightly slower in the straights? I would appreciate any clarification.

Also, if you can disclose this, have you in any way helping the Akkodis guys understanding the car? I know Jack Hawksworth has done a lot to help, but what about fellow IMSA engineers/mechanics?
The LMGT3 cars use torque sensors for their engine calibrations instead of the standard restrictors we have here for BoP. They were setting up those engine calibrations as required by the series in that first session and had to lock down certain things to be fully within BoP for the remainder of the race weekend which where they were showing their true speed as set by BoP.

We communicate with the Akkodis mechanics and try to help them if they have questions.

Reactions
The LMGT3 cars use torque sensors for their engine calibrations instead of the standard restrictors we have here for BoP. They were setting up those engine calibrations as required by the series in that first session and had to lock down certain things to be fully within BoP for the remainder of the race weekend which where they were showing their true speed as set by BoP.

We communicate with the Akkodis mechanics and try to help them if they have questions.

This is fascinating stuff. Thanks Bozi!

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
Congratulations to the team on the win. I thought the gold livery on the #14 looked great. The pair of LMP2's that passed Jack on either side through Sunset was awesome..
Thank you! We are huge fans of the gold Mobil 1 livery as well. Their social channels just dropped some of the footage they captured from Sebring which really shows it off.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
CONGRATS!

What an intense race.

Also dude @ 1:00 did that house have a ladder right next to where a fan was spinning?
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
CONGRATS!

Also dude @ 1:00 did that house have a ladder right next to where a fan was spinning?
:ROFLMAO:
Thanks! The camera angle made it look closer than it was but yes, there was an extra bed up there and you could reach out towards the fan on the way up.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I put together a vlog of my experience in Sebring here where you can see how me and the rest of the crew spent the race weekend:

Who was the crew member that Jack bumped into leaving the pit box and had to do a drive through?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Thanks! The camera angle made it look closer than it was but yes, there was an extra bed up there and you could reach out towards the fan on the way up.

"You've got that loft space you've been bugging me for. Good luck kids."

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
Who was the crew member that Jack bumped into leaving the pit box and had to do a drive through?
That was the rear tire changer. Fortunately he was not hurt and we were able to recover from it. It was just an unfortunate turn of events as one of his radio cables came loose as he ran around the car so he never heard the command for the car to be released but fortunately he made a big jump as he noticed the car moving and got out of the way other than that small graze.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
That was the rear tire changer. Fortunately he was not hurt and we were able to recover from it. It was just an unfortunate turn of events as one of his radio cables came loose as he ran around the car so he never heard the command for the car to be released but fortunately he made a big jump as he noticed the car moving and got out of the way other than that small graze.

I've been rewatching the race on IMSA's Youtube channel this weekend and I think it was Shea Adam that later on said his radio had come unplugged or came loose. I don't remember NBC ever reporting what happened.

BoziT

Fan
Reactions
I've been rewatching the race on IMSA's Youtube channel this weekend and I think it was Shea Adam that later on said his radio had come unplugged or came loose. I don't remember NBC ever reporting what happened.
NBC came to us to get an explanation and I actually went on camera to explain it later in the race. Unfortunately these interview don't appear on the YouTube uploads but you can watch a replay here in my tweet: