7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions

TBH I agree with Mark on this one. Last gen Lexus interiors (before that 14 inch screen) seem to be much more well thought out and cohesive. Current NX interior is very bad in my opinion, it is just a 14 inch screen taking up all the space and literally nothing else is happening. I also really hate the piano black plastics around the instrument cluster in the new RX. I mean at least put some buttons drive mode select etc in that blank area rather than just leaving that sh*t piano black plastic as it is. Both new NX and RX interiors are such a deal breaker for me and looking back at the ES makes me feel that way even more. I really hope they dont put the bloody touch screen on the refresh LC. I don't care about other models at point as long as they keep my beloved LC as it is.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Just watched that video. The ES is one of the best cars Lexus released, and is even better now when you see the new products. This gets a touchscreen with new interface, still has physical controls, and a V6. Not to mention this is super quiet compared to the new 350s, both in hybrid and V6. V6 awd would make this gen ES so perfect.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
I had a Model S with a 17" touchscreen and almost no other buttons. It sucks when you are driving and need to change the fan speed or turn the heated seat on. I see the steering wheel buttons on the RX being absolutely stupid, I see the larger screen without HVAC physical controls being dumb. If the next ES follows the RX route I may not buy another ES.

What I really want is a new ES with PHEV / AWD but don't mess up the interior like they did with the RX/NX.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The 14 inch screen has the bottom 1/4 dedicated to AC controls and is always visible. So it's more like a 10 inch screen for the infotainment system. But at least all AC functions are directly accessible.

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions

TBH I agree with Mark on this one. Last gen Lexus interiors (before that 14 inch screen) seem to be much more well thought out and cohesive. Current NX interior is very bad in my opinion, it is just a 14 inch screen taking up all the space and literally nothing else is happening. I also really hate the piano black plastics around the instrument cluster in the new RX. I mean at least put some buttons drive mode select etc in that blank area rather than just leaving that sh*t piano black plastic as it is. Both new NX and RX interiors are such a deal breaker for me and looking back at the ES makes me feel that way even more. I really hope they dont put the bloody touch screen on the refresh LC. I don't care about other models at point as long as they keep my beloved LC as it is.
🎯 I agree with you. Drive mode should have its own dedicated physical dial. No point to toggle on touchscreen. Imo, LC drive mode dial placement is the best

Reactions: RAL

mikeavelli

Reactions
The ES sold over 41k units in 2022 which is incredible as the next closest was the 3 series at 30k. The car has maintained well in these crossover times.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What? 3 series is down to 30k a year? How the IS manages to sell 21k is a real mystery then.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
What? 3 series is down to 30k a year? How the IS manages to sell 21k is a real mystery then.

Sales were down a lot in the earlier year with shortages as well as slowing down production in anticipation of the incoming LCI model.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The ES is currently the second best-selling Lexus of all time, behind the RX crossover, which has so far chalked up 3.6 million sales globally.
I did not realize that the RX sells so well, coming to market a decade later than the ES yet outselling it in total volume.