7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I did not realize that the RX sells so well, coming to market a decade later than the ES yet outselling it in total volume.
The RX was the right vehicle at the right time, and it had the momentum when the entire market shifted to crossovers.

Reactions
I'm really sad nobody wanted the GS, it really was a proper all arounder compared to the ES. The styling still holds up

Reactions
I'm really sad nobody wanted the GS, it really was a proper all arounder compared to the ES. The styling still holds up
It wasn't that nobody wanted the GS. It was that Lexus was lazy and didn't *feel* like selling the GS over the ES.

So many people have come forward and said that Lexus salespeople kept pushing GS customers to an ES. It's insane.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Yeah the GS market is definitely not in decline imo. I think it was more a financial move in that the ES costs less to develop and they can now sell it at a higher price for higher margins. Though with recent Lexus prices they could've easily sold the GS at higher prices too.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yeah the GS market is definitely not in decline imo. I think it was more a financial move in that the ES costs less to develop and they can now sell it at a higher price for higher margins. Though with recent Lexus prices they could've easily sold the GS at higher prices too.
Yea mid size sport/luxury sedans are in a huge decline. Lexus should've put their money in the compact segment IS since that segment is doing relatively well and redo the IS but even that didn't happen.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Available Technology Package with Lexus Interface, 12.3-inch touchscreen, SmartAccess Card Key and Head-Up Display
  • 18-inch wheels with Vapor Chrome finish, standard for Ultra Luxury and available for Luxury
  • Starts at $43,190 MSRP (including DPH)

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
I was hoping for a PHEV AWD ES, but I knew it wouldn't come until there is a refresh year. 24 updates are pretty "meh".

RAL

Reactions
Kirk Kreifels is saying the next generation ES to be manufactured in Japan is being delayed a year from 24/25 to 25/26 ...
The LS will be discontinued and the ES will grow wider and longer; and be enhanced to fill the shoes of both the discontinued GS and LS. Really? And if so, how's that going to effect the price? hmm ...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
If they first cancelled GS and then LS to be replaced by ES, they need to offer an ES550h+ at the minimum as a consolation prize.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I really don't see the LS being cancelled just leaving the ES/IS. The ES can't be 3 cars in 1. I just see LS moving to EV no matter what the rumors are I don't believe we're gonna be left with 2 sedans.