5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Ev is one thing but let's hope the other is 3.5 tt hybrid powertrain and not the regular 3.5 hybrid which is no slouch either it does 0-60 in crown in just 4.7 seconds but the ls is a lot heavier

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
@mikeavelli lol it needs to be outta of the park grand slam this next one, the bmw 7 is all electric now. I7

It is still offered in regular ICE form as well. Would be cool to see a next-gen LS offered in both ICE and EV.. is there even any EV-capable platform under Toyota currently that can suite a full-size luxury car to the size of- or larger than the current LS?

The earlier Lexus concepts reveal with the electrified sports sedans and wagons has me believing that an EV LS is not a priority *yet* and I can imagine a heavy body refresh like the 2021 3IS happening to the 5LS first.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I’m hoping that they put that 3.5 TTV6 hybrid in there as well. It will be huge. We’re talking over 450 Hp. It will out it right up there with merc and bmw.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Remember when the LS lead designer showed his design sketch of the LS and it had some fire graphics on it 😆

Can we get some new designer blood working on the next LS please… Let’s bring back that LS400 energy in modern form.D3BD0839-5CB1-4764-95B1-410F169626AD.jpeg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
LEXUS、「LS」を一部改良

002.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
This is such a lovely interior, a properly design dashboard with nice materials.

So much better than the new trend to go with lots of screens (EQE/EQS for example).

mikeavelli

Reactions
I flirt with doing a black vip one… but i would want f sport with super luxury pack not a bare bones rear. I want those massages seats for my ass too lol

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Any word or news on the 6LS yet?

Definitely not a segment they want to leave imo, especially with the full-size EV sedan movement (BMW i7, upcoming Audi Grand Sphere and Cadillac Celestiq, EQS, etc)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Any word or news on the 6LS yet?

Definitely not a segment they want to leave imo, especially with the full-size EV sedan movement (BMW i7, upcoming Audi Grand Sphere and Cadillac Celestiq, EQS, etc)

I have a feeling this one is going to be one of the longer generations potentially.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I feel like we'll see a new LS maybe for 2027MY which is a full ev, a year after SSB are out. There are possibilities that we will get an ICE LS, fingers crossed for ttv8 but it'll likely be on an ev platform with more space.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
So the CD/DVD player and Remote Touch touchpad have been eliminated, the rear suspension's been seriously reworked (auto-translate says that the changes "achieved sexuality", which I assume actually means better ride comfort), Teammate is better, and there's wireless CarPlay. Actual continuous improvement, which in a world of longer product cycles is very welcome.

momers

Fan
Reactions
I have a feeling this one is going to be one of the longer generations potentially.
So I was getting my car serviced today at a Lexus service center (Dubai, UAE). To kill time, I went to the showroom and asked the sales team for a test drive for the LS. Since it has not been selling well, they do not have any testers or any stock for that matter, and I was told the only way to drive one is to custom order one 🤨.

I mentioned this to my service advisor when collecting my own car, and he casually remarked, and I paraphrase, "why are you looking at the LS...this car's been a flop, and I was like yeah, the V6 engine and blaa blaa...and he as like yeah, just wait another year for the new one...! :eek:

And I was intrigued! I decided to dig deeper...so I asked him to clarify, and if he meant that there is going to be a major refresh to the current gen car, just like the refresh for the IS. He was like, no no, totally new. o_O

I asked if the new LS will be a BEV, or Hybrid or will it have an ICE as well (going by the speculation on this forum)? He didn't seem so sure. I again asked if it is a BEV, and then he mentioned that the Lexus RnD is pretty strong (not sure what he meant) and that the results/assessment from the local market are very relevant and are always addressed... So I asked he meant the RZ is being tested here, and he commented that yeah it's been happening for 2 years. Okay so no surprise that RZ is being tested here, but my question was about a BEV LS, so maybe he mixed up a few things?

Wait, there is more! I asked if next year means 2025 or 2024...and he was certain that something will be announced in Oct 2023...and I was like yeah yeah Lexus always makes major announcements in Oct. and he goes, EXACTLY (not sure, but DO THEY really announce stuff in OCT or is my memory playing tricks?).

Lastly I asked him how does he know and if he was sure about this? I mentioned that online forums think the car will stay in the current form for a longer cycle, like the previous gen LS. His reply was that the online forums only get to know very late, once the vehicle is in production. And then he points to his screen and says that hes seen some production schedules or some relevant info from the factory and that is why he is sure of the Oct 2023 announcement period.

In summary, the Lexus Service Advisor claims with a high confidence level that there will be a new next gen LS announced in October 2023 and that anyone looking to buy the current LS should hold off!

I hope someone else can corroborate this?!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
So the CD/DVD player and Remote Touch touchpad have been eliminated, the rear suspension's been seriously reworked (auto-translate says that the changes "achieved sexuality", which I assume actually means better ride comfort), Teammate is better, and there's wireless CarPlay. Actual continuous improvement, which in a world of longer product cycles is very welcome.
You may have copied unsupported characters that got omitted in the translation software.

"高い操縦安定性を実現しました" translates to "have achieved high handling stability". You get "achieve sexuality" for "性を実現" where "性" in Hanzi/Kanji means "sex" when used alone, but means "attribute/property/-ability" when following a verb/noun. In this case "操縦安定" (handling stable) + "性" (attribute) = handling stability. New learners of Chinese/Japanese often get surprised when they see the large amount of "sex" in texts before they learn this.

The actual translation is they changed the bracing shape of the rear suspension mount with higher rigidity and that improved handling stability and ride comfort.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I highly doubt within 6 years the LS would get a full redesign. Maybe big refresh but I'll take his word for it. Hopefully we see LS with the iforcemax in there