5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
It's gorgeous. But ppl will still criticize cabin space if it's meant to be an S class competitor, unless they make something similar to the Panamera or a 4-door GT car in which comfort is prioritized with some sportiness. It would be a commercial success if it sells in volume similar to the Panamera did. LS gran coupe maybe?
I also think they will make the next gen LS like a 4 door GT
Maybe it’s the first one from the left?
962FA855-2A82-46A9-BF1A-2275CACD207B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
A 550+hp, 500+mile EV LS with this type of profile and a high tech luxury interior would be the type of car that people WANT from Lexus.

mazda_vision_coupe-most_beautiful_concept_award-2018-5_1800x1800.jpg

I agree that impossible things would be ground breaking and awesome, but they are impossible.

In any case, the way EVs work, flagship should have well over 1000 hp and then for it to be able to do 550 miles on 22" wheels, it would need to be 150kwh battery, which is pretty big and heavy.

It would end up being 3 ton vehicle if TMC does it.

It would also cost $200k. I dont think they can sell LS as $200k vehicle.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I agree with you. The G90 could place #1 over S Class, 7er, A8 and LS in every test by a 50-point margin and Genesis is still playing a losing game. It's the sad truth, but this segment is declining and those who still buy here want the S Class. Genesis, like Lexus, is/was symbolically trying to capture the segment that used to represent flagship luxury to the masses... and now, times have changed.
That and Lucid is going hard for traditional flagship luxury. They're very open that they benchmarked the previous S Classes for the Air and it shows. In my opinion, the Air is what the Model S should be.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
That and Lucid is going hard for traditional flagship luxury. They're very open that they benchmarked the previous S Classes for the Air and it shows. In my opinion, the Air is what the Model S should be.

problem is it has a lot of software problems and it is apparently hard to produce.

Hopefully its competition makes Model S and X a better vehicle.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Adopts Lexus Interface with 12.3-inch touchscreen display
  • Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ wireless capability
  • Attention to detail with more USB ports throughout
  • Starting MSRP of $77,535 on LS 500

1668536686520.png

Reactions: Och

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
LOL @Motor at the pic, someone forgot to photoshop the touchpad out of there.

As a previous '18 LS owner, it's nice to see Lexus correct some of their mistakes:
- touchscreen ✅ (I know, not new for 23)
- quick access buttons for heated seat & steering wheel ✅
- improved infotainment UI ✅

Now if they could just fix the laggy un-smooth powertrain I might be tempted back. Maybe they can ditch the run-flat tires too while they're at it. Or at the very least include a tire inflation kit as standard equip.

I wouldn't buy this gen of LS again anyway, I have my fingers crossed they don't screw up the next gen LS as I am interested in more "electrified" options. A PHEV would be perfect, I may be persuaded for full BEV, we'll see when the time comes.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Too bad Lexus's attention to detail does not extend to their press releases

"PLANO, Texas (Nov. 15, 2023) ...."

"Next-Level Interior
For 2023, Lexus LS customers will be able to continue to appreciate the brand’s signature attention to detail. With a total of six throughout the cabin, guests can stay connected and charged as they go throughout their day."

Levi

Expert
Reactions
No TTV8 is a real problem for the LS, BEV the tech is not there yet, so the LS is stuck in no man’s land.

I can’t see Maserati Granturismo and Rolls Royce Spectre doing well in the long term. Very disposable cars for the price, and the LS is traditionally all the contrary of disposable, comparable to old Jaguars, Bentleys and Rolls Royces.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Even though it's old, 5.0L UR V8 + 10AT as an LS F Sport or FSP would give the car something interesting, or something new for shoppers. The TTV6 as-is has, to your point, left the car in no mans land.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
They should make it into a true coupe. Cover it in cameras and let me drive it from the back seat like I'm operating a luxury crane.