4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread (iForce Max Pricing Announced)

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Is that the accurate price list? I heard there was a bogus price list floating around the interwebs, but I never saw it. If that prices increase for the TRD Offroad is accurate, that a bummer.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
I believe I read somewhere that the Off-Road will only be offered in the double cab configuration for 2024 where as you can get the access cab with the Off-Road for 2023. The 2023 Off-Road double cab starts at $38,285, so only a $1,314 difference between the model years.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Is that the accurate price list? I heard there was a bogus price list floating around the interwebs, but I never saw it. If that prices increase for the TRD Offroad is accurate, that a bummer.

Not sure 100%... I assume the final numbers might drop this week?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Reviews seem really positive... same Tacoma formula, just better everywhere.

The only two things I don't like are:
(1) Those price increases of $4k+ across all trims are significant hikes 😮
(2) Like we've seen in the RX and TX, there's just no way around the buzzy, rattly sound of a 4cyl and quite frankly, that sucks.

Reactions

(2) Like we've seen in the RX and TX, there's just no way around the buzzy, rattly sound of a 4cyl and quite frankly, that sucks.
To address number 2, I do hope the public response to the Tacoma X-Runner with the TTV6 is positive and Toyota actually slaps that motor in the majority of the Tacoma trims. Toyota needs to realize that their a lot of their buyers have desires and they want something aspirational, none of that "this is good enough" BS.

A 421 horsepower TRD Pro would be delightful.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I’m hearing the premium package for the TRD Offroad is almost $9k. It sounds like a TRD Offroad Premium, which is the package I’d want, may be over $50k. Ridiculous price for a mid size truck.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I’m hearing the premium package for the TRD Offroad is almost $9k. It sounds like a TRD Offroad Premium, which is the package I’d want, may be over $50k. Ridiculous price for a mid size truck.

I saw that $8,570 number as well but it seems to be CAD… hopefully? What spec are you wanting?

My 2023 was $43,2XX OTD with every option, even the all terrain tire upgrade.

I know the new one is a much better vehicle, but $7k+ or 15-20% more for the new version of the same truck year over year is rough. I just needed basic truck utility which is why I didn’t wait for the new one, and with the price increases, I’m glad I didn’t. 😳

Hard to fathom what the hybrids will cost…

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

much improved with much higher price, thats how it goes.

As to the V6 vs 4cly, check the video posted above by Motor:

It has live comparo between the two, turbo 4cl is way, way better engine.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I saw that $8,570 number as well but it seems to be CAD… hopefully? What spec are you wanting?

My 2023 was $43,2XX OTD with every option, even the all terrain tire upgrade.

I know the new one is a much better vehicle, but $7k+ or 15-20% more for the new version of the same truck year over year is rough. I just needed basic truck utility which is why I didn’t wait for the new one, and with the price increases, I’m glad I didn’t. 😳

Hard to fathom what the hybrids will cost…
I’d mainly just be interested in having dual zone climate controls, leather (or softext), the sway bar disconnect (sounds like this is an option), and maybe a sunroof/pano roof. I don’t care about the trailer cameras and all that.

My 4Runner has almost 223k on it, and I’m at the point where something newer will be nicer for roadtrips, especially now that I live within driving distance to family. I’m actually thinking about just buying a Camry for road-trips, and truck in a year or two when I get my company up and running.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
A 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road, Double Cab, Short Bed, V6, 4WD is $41,250 after destination... not $38,125. You have to get 2WD in order to get the price that low which is not apples to apples. The 2024 doesn't appear to come in a 2WD variant for the TRD Off Road. So the gap isn't $5k. It is $2k like for like.

A 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB, V6, 4WD with all factory options is $47,250. That's advanced tech package, LED headlights, and premium package. Are you sure your's had every option, @Gecko ? It doesn't add up.

I figure hybrid will be a $2k premium on top of a $4k-$6k premium package. So, $50k seems likely for a loaded Tacoma TRDOR DCSB.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I've seen a few mentions that the price increases and new features move the Tacoma clearly into the midsize truck segment, which opens up space for Toyota's rumored compact Maverick fighter. Tacoma was always a little smaller before, and being so old, missing out on modern features and tech.

Tacoma SR starting at $32k does seem to open up a space for something ~$28k - 38k underneath it. 👀 I wonder if Toyota has that in mind?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road, Double Cab, Short Bed, V6, 4WD is $41,250 after destination... not $38,125. You have to get 2WD in order to get the price that low which is not apples to apples. The 2024 doesn't appear to come in a 2WD variant for the TRD Off Road. So the gap isn't $5k. It is $2k like for like.

A 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB, V6, 4WD with all factory options is $47,250. That's advanced tech package, LED headlights, and premium package. Are you sure your's had every option, @Gecko ? It doesn't add up.

I figure hybrid will be a $2k premium on top of a $4k-$6k premium package. So, $50k seems likely for a loaded Tacoma TRDOR DCSB.

Good catch on the 4x2 vs. 4x4 price difference - the increase isn't that bad with model-for-model parity.

Yes, I have everything you can option on a Tacoma Offroad 4x4 except for a plethora of port installed accessories: Advanced Technology package, TRD Off Road Premium package, LED headlights with LED DRL, leather interior, around view cameras with MTS, parking sensors, sunroof, BSM, locking tailgate, Goodyear Duratrac tire upgrade, etc.

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Good catch on the 4x2 vs. 4x4 price difference - the increase isn't that bad with model-for-model parity.

Yes, I have everything you can option on a Tacoma Offroad 4x4 except for a plethora of port installed accessories: Advanced Technology package, TRD Off Road Premium package, LED headlights with LED DRL, leather interior, around view cameras with MTS, parking sensors, sunroof, BSM, locking tailgate, Goodyear Duratrac tire upgrade, etc.

View attachment 8519

View attachment 8520
Toyota.com shows that stickers as a $47k truck. If you got it for $43k OTD, then you got a deal on it. It isn't really relevant to comparing MSRP, though.

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 4

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

hm, most of those are not port installed accessories.