4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread (iForce Max Pricing Announced)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think the TRDOR landing a beating like that on a loaded ZR2 is why I called it an ass beating... the TRD PRO has historically been the ZR2's primary competitor, and the TRD PRO's little brother just took Chevy out behind the shed.

I am most impressed with the powertrain difference on paper vs. real world performance (acceleration, MPG, drivetrain calibration). The Colorado should have blown the Tacoma away and that absolutely didn't happen despite a 100 lb-ft of torque advantage and having more horsepower. Overall, the Tacoma was faster, significantly more efficient, and by the sound of it, much more enjoyable to drive.

TRD PRO is probably going to cost about the same (or less) compared to the ZR2 sooo... yikes for Chevy :oops:
The way the Tacoma smashed US products is the same way as German products smash Lexus F. :(

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The way the Tacoma smashed US products is the same way as German products smash Lexus F. :(
Not really. In this case, the cheaper vehicle is performing on par with the more expensive vehicle. With the F cars, the more expensive cars outperform the cheaper cars as one would expect.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Doesn't seem like it has been a great start so far, though I always expect a few issues with first year models. I belong to Tacomaworld and have been watching a few of the 4th gen threads there. There has been a report of a truck with a fried transmission, and strangely, Tacomas are stacking up at ports and not getting transported to dealers. Dealers and buyers are frustrated of course, and someone who allegedly works at a Toyota dealer posted that there is an "quality inspection" hold with them that is causing most/all to be held at port until it can be diagnosed or fixed. Anyone have anymore info?

screenshot-2024-02-26-150452-png.5681892

screenshot-2024-02-26-150548-png.5681893

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Not off to a good start. The Tundra still has issues that are being sorted out, and I hope we don’t see a repeat with the Tacoma. I’m sure Toyota will eventually have all this sorted out, just as they did with the early 5.7 issues, but I’m not super thrilled with Toyota’s QC on new models thus far.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not off to a good start. The Tundra still has issues that are being sorted out, and I hope we don’t see a repeat with the Tacoma. I’m sure Toyota will eventually have all this sorted out, just as they did with the early 5.7 issues, but I’m not super thrilled with Toyota’s QC on new models thus far.

Agreed - I was hoping the Tacoma would have fewer teething issues but I still expected some to pop up. There are a few other reports on Tacomaworld of 4th gens that are completely dead or have a dash full of lights after just a few days of ownership.

Hopefully Toyota can jump on these issues early and get them figured out - maybe that's exactly what they're doing with these port holds.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Another Tacoma down, but perhaps some answers on what's going on... the dealer referenced a front valve or air flow issue?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Drove a number of ‘24 Tacomas today. Chassis is much improved. Drivetrain is a massive step up. Interior isn’t my style. When I jumped back in my 4Runner, I appreciated less blocky styling. Lots of good tech in the new Tacoma, though. It definitely feels modern.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I suspect the Tacoma issues have something to do with the ADD. I know back in the day Toyota used vacuum actuated ADD, but I don’t know if that’s still the case. Regardless, I think it’s ADD issues.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I suspect the Tacoma issues have something to do with the ADD. I know back in the day Toyota used vacuum actuated ADD, but I don’t know if that’s still the case. Regardless, I think it’s ADD issues.
It is servo actuated now.