4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
First thought...Either the guy driving is on the short side or they're increasing the interior space. Really hope the back seat has leg room comparable to the 4runner.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with features and performance because Ford and Chevy are releasing updated trucks soon, so benchmarking against the current models might not be as helpful.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
"...rear suspension... gotta be hiding coil springs..." (due to the grass-skirt camouflage behind the rear wheels similar to what was on the Tundra).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Are we sure this isn't the new Ranger? I've seen the new spy shots of the '23 Ranger, but Ford has a ton of different front ends, grilles and headlights, and the overall shapes look similar to me. That front end looks Ford-ish to me, but I guess it could also be the Tacoma.

Reactions
Correction:

This is actually the MY2024 Tacoma. TFL's report is actually incorrect.

Are we sure this isn't the new Ranger? I've seen the new spy shots of the '23 Ranger, but Ford has a ton of different front ends, grilles and headlights, and the overall shapes look similar to me. That front end looks Ford-ish to me, but I guess it could also be the Tacoma.

Also... how did you come to the conclusion that this is a Ranger? The front grille, headlights, side mirrors, and body lines scream Tundra. I also happened to find out that the Tacoma is just using the 2022 Tundra Double Cab body as a test mule. So there's that.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The front end looked F-150ish to me too, it wasn't just Gecko. Part of that's because all of the major pickups have pretty similar (big, aggressive) front ends right now.

Reactions
The front end looked F-150ish to me too, it wasn't just Gecko. Part of that's because all of the major pickups have pretty similar (big, aggressive) front ends right now.

But it uses almost the exact same design language as the Tundra... And he said Ranger, not F-150.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So, it looks like a smaller Tundra, something like Russian Doll or German way, hope I am wrong

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Dang Toyota really trying to give the Integra redesign a run for the ugly lol The tacoma design right now is a classic; perfect mix of athletic and modern. Better then the new ranger and probably tied with the new frontier

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
How have we decided this is ugly when it's still completely covered in camo?
The camo mule seemed like it got a direct tundra face transplant...no bueno for me. The recently showcased EV above though is perfection as its evolutionary on the current taco. Proportions are just right.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
20211214_BEV_42.jpg