mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Great job by Lexus. The exterior design is stellar, they have really nailed down their design language, and continues from where the new IS started. It’s the best looking Lexus SUV.

I love the new infotainment, it looks very modern, and they’ve even thought about future proofing it with OTA updates. It’s also great that they’ve branded it as Lexus Interface, somehow it evokes Intersect by Lexus as well. I think they’ve made a mistake by offering two screen sizes, the 14 inch screen should be standard.

The interior does look nice, with interior design moves we saw in the Lexus LF-1 concept. But again, they somehow forgot to design the passenger side. You can see that they’re not proud of it in their marketing photos, they focus on the driver side only whereas most marketing of car interiors show the entire front cabin. See the 3rd photo in this Instagram post.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
This is, indeed, the actual game changer, at least tech-wise. It looks great and the tech is finally leading edge instead of trailing edge. Wireless charging and wireless CarPlay is a killer combo, and being able to play Apple Music without CarPlay is also killer. Now I really want that system in an LS.

mikeavelli

Reactions
the front overhang is quite well resolved.

View attachment 4861

it is possible because of the low front wheel/fender ratio. it is much harder to do well on a sedan as the ES.

Yes the lead designer mentioned this and the vehicle has a lower center of gravity. They did lower the seats so headroom is fine. They were well aware of the NX front end issues and it was a major win for the 2022. Even the non F-Sport looks good .

Levi

Expert
Reactions
as I mentioned in the other thread I want to see acceleration comparison till at least 200 km/h between GS 450h and NX 450h+. Against Crown with 8GR-FXS would also be nice if possible.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Great job by Lexus. The exterior design is stellar, they have really nailed down their design language, and continues from where the new IS started. It’s the best looking Lexus SUV.

I love the new infotainment, it looks very modern, and they’ve even thought about future proofing it with OTA updates. It’s also great that they’ve branded it as Lexus Interface, somehow it evokes Intersect by Lexus as well. I think they’ve made a mistake by offering two screen sizes, the 14 inch screen should be standard.

The interior does look nice, with interior design moves we saw in the Lexus LF-1 concept. But again, they somehow forgot to design the passenger side. You can see that they’re not proud of it in their marketing photos, they focus on the driver side only whereas most marketing of car interiors show the entire front cabin. See the 3rd photo in this Instagram post.

The TAZUNA COCKPIT of the LF-Z concept is stunning in its simplicity. That symmetric butterfly wings are lovely to behold.

It brings elegance to a simplistic design. Much better, cleaner and neater than anything I have seen with a "non-integrated into the dashboard" design.

Can't wait for Lexus electrified vehicles to get that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-114423_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-114423_Chrome.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I think it looks great inside and out one question I haven’t seen the exhaust on the NX 350 do they still have exhaust pipes? It’s the one thing I hate about the Audis where they don’t have those on some models just looks bad. I don’t mind it on hybrid but regular should have it. Maybe they are there and I don’t see it. The only other thing which we always say about Lexus 0-60 times are always behind the competition. Now maybe we have a future F performance version (doubt a Full F) which would help but they are always behind in that department. For the company as a whole the NX is a major success but hell just my two cents on being nit picky. It will sell like hot cakes tho and a great entry car!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think it looks great inside and out one question I haven’t seen the exhaust on the NX 350 do they still have exhaust pipes? It’s the one thing I hate about the Audis where they don’t have those on some models just looks bad. I don’t mind it on hybrid but regular should have it. Maybe they are there and I don’t see it. The only other thing which we always say about Lexus 0-60 times are always behind the competition. Now maybe we have a future F performance version (doubt a Full F) which would help but they are always behind in that department. For the company as a whole the NX is a major success but hell just my two cents on being nit picky. It will sell like hot cakes tho and a great entry car!
No exposed exhaust on any of the models.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

Yep, Lexus was never good on their acceleration figure. Even with their latest 2.4L turbo that makes 275hp / 317 lb. ft, 0-60 was advertised 6.8 sec. Comparing to the closest rival, X3 30i which has the older B48 2.0L engine that produces 248hp / 258 lb. ft, BMW claimed its 0-60 to be 6 sec flat. And the fact that BMW always underrate their performance figure, it might go even faster than that. Of all the luxury makers that make turbo engines, BMW stands out to be on its own with their efficiency. Lexus prioritizes more on the hybrid technologies, hence the turbo engines are not as advanced as the Germans, from the performance standpoint.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Is it just me or is the new NX noticeably lower than the first? The gap between the fender and wheel seems shorter. Or it might just be an illusion since the wheel arches aren't dark grey now.

Reactions
Thank you! I was expecting/hoping for more, but it’s exactly the same as the RAV4 Prime.
Yeah apparently it has 2 miles less in all electric range and is going to be a bit slower bc the NX is a little heavier. I’m hoping there are dramatic improvements to the way it handles to make up for the carry over power train. Overall I think it’s great and going to sell very well.

Nights

Fan
Reactions
Yeah I don’t like that. Might just be me but I just think the car misses something not having exhaust pipes.

It’s better that than the fake exhaust pipes that many manufacturers are sticking on cars these days.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Only disappointment is 6.8s 0-60 for 350. I don't really understand it

I have a hard time believing that, personally. I’m guessing it’s going to be a bit heavier than the RAV4 Limited, so let’s say 3,850lbs?

Full time AWD.

317 lb-ft of torque.

It won’t surprise me to see the NX 350 in 5.8 - 6.2 seconds. Lexus told us they aren’t even done tuning the engine yet, which is why the numbers are estimated.

3,700 lb ES 350 with 50 less lb-ft of torque, wheel spin from FWD (worse launch) and soft gearing does 0-60 in 6 seconds flat.

Reactions
I have a hard time believing that, personally. I’m guessing it’s going to be a bit heavier than the RAV4 Limited, so let’s say 3,850lbs?

Full time AWD.

317 lb-ft of torque.

If won’t surprise me to see the NX 350 in 5.8 - 6.2 seconds. For what it’s worth, Lexus told us they aren’t even done tuning the engine yet, which is why the numbers are estimated.

3,700 lb ES 350 with 50 less lb-ft of torque, wheel spin from FWD (worse launch) and soft gearing does 0-60 in 6 seconds flat.

I think people forget that Toyota and Lexus underrates their numbers in general.