spwolf

Expert
Reactions
without knowing anything about engines, what was shown:
- exterior
- interior
- multimedia
- features

It is a wet dream for Lexus enthusiasts. They crossed pretty much every checkbox we always had before. Cant wait to see what is 350 and 450+

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I was hoping for a taller greenhouse. I am not a fan of the chopped look, nor am I a fan of the sitting-in-a-bathtub feeling that usually comes with a high beltline (especially bad for shorter drivers like my wife).

I hope that I can raise the seat bottom high enough to get out of the bathtub while still maintaining thigh support (my ES's rear of the seat bottom raises more than the front, meaning that if I raise the rear of the seat bottom to a good height, I lose thigh support).

I am also sorry to see the analog clock go. I found it a classy touch.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

This video starting at 1:20 says we will see 2 electrified vehicles introduced this year, and that this is just one of them.

Unless they are hybridizing the LX?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
  • LAUNCH DELAY NOTIFICATION FUNCTION TMN*10
    In addition to the conventional warning function for the vehicle in front of you, we have added a new function that notifies you with a display on the meter and head-up display, as well as a buzzer, if your vehicle continues to stop even after the stop sign at the beginning of an intersection is lifted (including an arrow signal in the same direction as the vehicle's turn signal).
Don't you find it funny that people these days are so distracted while driving that carmakers are now adding warnings to tell them to stop looking at the phone when the light has turned green 🤣

This needs to be a function mandated by law /s
  • E-LATCH SYSTEM
    Replacing the latch/unlatch mechanism of the door with electrical control by switches delivers a smooth door operation and effortless feeling.
I find it quite concerning they didn't say whether there's a mechanical backup to the e-latch.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Don't you find it funny that people these days are so distracted while driving that carmakers are now adding warnings to tell them to stop looking at the phone when the light has turned green 🤣

I find it quite concerning they didn't say whether there's a mechanical backup to the e-latch.

Yes there are mechanical back up latches built into outside and inside handles. It's pretty clever!

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus gave me some alone time with the new Lexus Interface system. It really is sensational. The optional 14” screen is beautiful. The system is fast and easy to use. They kept some knobs too that are used often. I spoke to multiple people who created it and they are so enthused. This is also the first time USA led development and not Japan!

mikeavelli

Reactions

E-Latch has a mechanical backup. We were shown how it works.