cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Lexus gave me some alone time with the new Lexus Interface system. It really is sensational. The optional 14” screen is beautiful. The system is fast and easy to use. They kept some knobs too that are used often. I spoke to multiple people who created it and they are so enthused. This is also the first time USA led development and not Japan!

Thanks for sharing the insights. The new infotainment is the most exciting feature for me. The current system is too embarrassing, specifically in the higher end model, like LS, LC and etc.

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there would be a F Sport Performance Model coming for the NX? I know the F model lineup was slated to be expanded and I thought adding on to one of Lexus's top selling models would be a logical step. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see so many different powertrains offered for the NX!

Motor

Expert
Reactions
NX 250 203 horsepower
NX 350 275 horsepower
NX 350h 239 horsepower
NX 450h+ ? horsepower

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thanks for sharing the insights. The new infotainment is the most exciting feature for me. The current system is too embarrassing, specifically in the higher end model, like LS, LC and etc.

It is sensational and will come to new products. I’m going to assume all new models and not refreshes. It is truly intuitive and they noted the irony that a larger screen actually makes it easier to stay concentrated on driving since things are easier to find and use.

I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there would be a F Sport Performance Model coming for the NX? I know the F model lineup was slated to be expanded and I thought adding on to one of Lexus's top selling models would be a logical step. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see so many different powertrains offered for the NX!

I don’t see it coming, The 450h+ Is being quoted 0-60 in flat 6. I believe the RAV-4 Prime does it under 6 so I’m sure the NX will too. But the car just debuted so who knows.

Also KREW and I were on separate panels with the Japanese team who led the NX and I specifically asked about enthusiasts. The NX isn’t really aimed at a traditional V-8 junkie.

Last edited:
Reactions
So how does the general Lexus enthusiast community feel about the new NX? Is this the GAME CHANGER we were promised or did Lexus finally catch up to to the competition? I’ll start off with the exterior styling is excellent, super attractive design!! :) I think we are all beyond excited about the new infotainment system. I’d like to learn more about the changes and improvements made to the drive train from an engineering perspective with quantitative examples instead of a marketing one we got. How much better does it handle? How much faster does it go around a track? How much of the suspension hardware is different from its RAV4 counter part? Aluminum? Thicker? Geometry? I hope that we get this info soon! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I’ve shared my opinion about the interior already so I won’t get into that. However I will bring up the new power trains, was anyone else hoping for a little more than what we received? I won’t even comment on the 250 I don’t think it should even exist. I was hoping for at least 300hp from the new 2.4L(I know it’s more than enough for most people) but I guess we will just have to wait and see how it feels. As far as the 350h and 450h+ I would have loved to see more than just a copy and paste from its RAV4 counterpart. As enthusiasts I think we can be both excited for new product and be criticial of things we’d like to see improved on.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
I most likely won't buy another Lexus if its so-called all new interface still doesn't support displaying Chinese/Korean/Japanese.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
This is my thoughts on what are needed to be a truly next generation infotainment
1. Better usability on apps like music and maps so people would actually use the car infotainment rather than using Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Nothing is more useless than something nobody uses.
2. Real Google Map support. Waze would be nice to have. Not some out dated database from Google and maybe monthly data refresh. All the search feature from Google Map like in Google map I can search bilingually.
3. Google assistant level voice assistant integrated with car function and interact remotely with your phone, meaning you can start your car with Google assistant(siri) on your phone, also if you want to have comprehensive commands you should be able to just tell the car naturally (no car maker should develop their own assistant because tbh I haven't seen any car assistant that's not stupid)
4. Android Car system would be nice, self developed is fine, but keep integrating music/podcast app natively that provides better experience than AA and AC. Again, if people just use AA and AC then the system is useless.
5. Sound system that support loseless music. (Not via 3.5mm port of course) better Bluetooth for hi-res.
6. Some other innovative features would be nice

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
So how does the general Lexus enthusiast community feel about the new NX? Is this the GAME CHANGER we were promised or did Lexus finally catch up to to the competition? I’ll start off with the exterior styling is excellent, super attractive design!! :) I think we are all beyond excited about the new infotainment system. I’d like to learn more about the changes and improvements made to the drive train from an engineering perspective with quantitative examples instead of a marketing one we got. How much better does it handle? How much faster does it go around a track? How much of the suspension hardware is different from its RAV4 counter part? Aluminum? Thicker? Geometry? I hope that we get this info soon! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I’ve shared my opinion about the interior already so I won’t get into that. However I will bring up the new power trains, was anyone else hoping for a little more than what we received? I won’t even comment on the 250 I don’t think it should even exist. I was hoping for at least 300hp from the new 2.4L(I know it’s more than enough for most people) but I guess we will just have to wait and see how it feels. As far as the 350h and 450h+ I would have loved to see more than just a copy and paste from its RAV4 counterpart. As enthusiasts I think we can be both excited for new product and be criticial of things we’d like to see improved on.
Well said.

Without heeding reasonable and helpful feedback from customers, present and future, how can Lexus keep Lexus Enthusiasts loyal to the brand? Positive criticism should always be welcome, especially if feedback provides a concrete example.

We're not even suggesting Lexus implement them outright but at least study those that do make a lot of sense. The UX interior, except for that frankenstein-like stalk on the side of the instrument cluster, looks very pleasing to the eye. I guess the Mirai/"GS would have been" interior was always intended for the NX.

This and Acura are likely my go to brands but I will wait for one (like a BEV) that meets maybe seven out of the ten on my list of priorities and aesthetics, both inside and out, is one of them.