16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 8416
Teaser clearly says it's a Crown. And some nasty misaligned taillights lol.

Oh, I forgot about that teaser image. So much for my crazy thought...lol.

I do think calling it the Camry Cross would be a lot more marketable. People are already super confused with the whole Crown nomenclature. Even the Toyota sales rep I was talking to yesterday seemed clueless.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Theoretically.. the Highlander doesn't need to exist anymore with the Grand Highlander now available.

The Crown Estate can take the roll of the 2-row midsize segment comfortably, and discontinue the Highlander to upsell customers into Grand Highlanders (afterall, Grand Highlander XLE is only 1k more than a Highlander XLE).

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Theoretically.. the Highlander doesn't need to exist anymore with the Grand Highlander now available.

The Crown Estate can take the roll of the 2-row midsize segment comfortably, and discontinue the Highlander to upsell customers into Grand Highlanders (afterall, Grand Highlander XLE is only 1k more than a Highlander XLE).
But the highlander will still sell pretty well because grand highlander would be too big for some people specially women who would much prefer the highlander and if you want a small 7 seater rav 4 venza and crown estate just won't cut it

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
10/10 build quality right there 😂, it better be just a hastily built pre-production model kind of problem lol.

All manufacturers see Tesla getting away with it and no one cares, so why would anyone nanometer some gaps and alignments anymore :ROFLMAO:

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
10/10 build quality right there 😂, it better be just a hastily built pre-production model kind of problem lol.
These pre-sale show cars are usually pre-production prototypes. I have seen signs on pre-sale show cars that state they are prototypes and quality may not be quite up to production levels.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Not bad. I’m glad they actually gave it a proper name. Signia sounds so much better than just calling it SUV.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Second Toyota Crown Model Adds Distinctive Crossover SUV to US Lineup
  • Exclusively Equipped with Hybrid Powertrain with Impressive 243 HP, 36 MPG Comb. and AWD Standard
  • Stylish Exterior with Monochromatic Grille, Sleek Design, and Available 21-inch Wheels
  • Premium Interior with Soft Touch Materials, Available Leather-trimmed Seating, and Panoramic Glass Roof
  • Quiet Cabin with Fold Flat Second Row and 6.5-foot Long Cargo Area
  • 12.3-inch Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen and Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 Standard

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Makes sense. The Signia is very similar to the 1st gen Venza in terms of proportions.

That being said, I kinda was expecting the Crown Sport to replace the Venza.
Bringing the crown sport could be a problem for the NX and RX.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
So many are comparing the Crown Signia with the Venza (and how one makes the other irrelevant) but they all forget that there is a significant size difference. The Crown Signia is the size of the Highlander (but without a 3rd row), while the Venza is the size of the RAV4. How many shoppers seriously cross-shop the smaller, compact RAV4 and the larger, mid-size Highlander?

I guess this proves one thing: All of these critics sit in the driver's seat only and very, very seldom (if ever) sit in the rear seat. But how many buyers of crossovers -- families -- only sit in the driver's seat?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am going to miss the Venza -- I think it's one of Toyota's best products. We have two in the family so I drive them regularly and am always impressed by what a great package it is: Same money as a RAV4 Limited but 3x nicer interior, hybrid only, nice design, AWD standard, premium features. Dealers also mention Venza being an easy sale because it's such a great package.

I wonder how much more expensive the Crown Insignia will be. My guess is $5-8k?

I guess Toyota is trying to build out the Crown name here, but with the Venza now in its 4th model year, why not just cut it short and call this the 3rd gen Venza? People are familiar with that name vs. trying to differentiate between "Crown Crossover" and "Crown Insignia," which I doubt will ever happen.