16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
It has already been soft announced that the GX550h will be 2.4T hybrid. Click the following link and scroll down to "KEY SPECIFICATIONS OF THE NEW GX (PROTOTYPE)"

I thought the 2.4T hybrid GX was going to be called GX500h? Maybe I misunderstood somewhere along the line.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Lexus being so vague with their future plans and even sort of turning back on that group of really stunning looking cars they showed to the public that look almost production ready is certainly not helping matters, no amount of crying emojis can describe my levels of sadness😭.

they are not that vague, they just dont have what you want. They are moving to EV only in western world by 2030.
They are developing more CUVs.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I am not sure which V6 the TX 550h+ has. 8GR is only available on Crown (S220), LS 500h and LC 500h, so only in RWD platforms in longitudinal layout. Wiki says TX has 2GR, but there is no confirmation from Lexus which GR engine it is.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I am not sure which V6 the TX 550h+ has. 8GR is only available on Crown (S220), LS 500h and LC 500h, so only in RWD platforms in longitudinal layout. Wiki says TX has 2GR, but there is no confirmation from Lexus which GR engine it is.
It's probably a 2GR-FXS then. That's what is in the -'22 RX 450h.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Toyota should have just stuck with the sedan and sport and moved the camry to tnga l with next gen to make it a mid sized rwd seeing how big the crown has become or maybe relaunch the mark x nameplate which was rumoured to be in development alongside next gen is utilizing the mazda straight 6 which never happened

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Toyota should have just stuck with the sedan and sport and moved the camry to tnga l with next gen to make it a mid sized rwd seeing how big the crown has become or maybe relaunch the mark x nameplate which was rumoured to be in development alongside next gen is utilizing the mazda straight 6 which never happened
Or Toyota can bring back the Altezza.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Or Toyota can bring back the Altezza.
Nameplates matter too and a rwd camry would have sold much better than altezza and if both were on sale together camry would just cannibalize the altezza unless they both were the same cars but the altezza being a bit narrower and exclusive to japan and asian countries where size is a big factor while keeping the us camry on current size so that the americans don't complain that it's too tight

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
My little finger tells me the Crown Sports will be a hit.
I wonder if it will cannibalizer Harrier sales. Is there a sub-NX market for both sport premium and comfort premium model, alongside the Rav4?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I wonder if it will cannibalizer Harrier sales. Is there a sub-NX market for both sport premium and comfort premium model, alongside the Rav4?
Harrier is NX size, so cheaper. This Crown Sport is RX size with bigger engines and more expensive. It might take some sales away from the RX.

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
Harrier is NX size, so cheaper. This Crown Sport is RX size with bigger engines and more expensive. It might take some sales away from the RX.
The Crown Sport (4,710mm) is closer to the NX (4,660mm) than the RX (4,890mm) in size.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
True, I mixed up again. Wheelbases are 2,690 mm for NX/Harrier/Venza, 2,770 mm for Crown Sport, and 2,850 for RX/Crown Estate. So it is in between in length, it will be the lowest in height.