16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Toyota should have just stuck with the sedan and sport and moved the camry to tnga l with next gen to make it a mid sized rwd seeing how big the crown has become or maybe relaunch the mark x nameplate which was rumoured to be in development alongside next gen is utilizing the mazda straight 6 which never happened
Or Toyota can bring back the Altezza.
The Camry has always been a FWD, comfortable (not sporty) family sedan. If you want a RWD sedan, buy the Crown (the Crown should have stayed RWD).

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The Altezza is still here, it's called the Lexus IS lolololol. A modern equivalent of the BEAMS 3S-GE would be pretty sweet tho.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Gosh, it looks so good.

It’s interesting to see a Toyota logo on the rear and Crown logos everywhere else. I think I would’ve preferred a Crown logo on the rear too.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Gosh, it looks so good.

It’s interesting to see a Toyota logo on the rear and Crown logos everywhere else. I think I would’ve preferred a Crown logo on the rear too.
That was the case uptil 8th gen after tha they switches to toyota logo in 1991 also the thirteenth gen had toyota logo at the front too in the first few years because of some lawsuit

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Gosh, it looks so good.

All Crowns after the S130 facelift had Toyota emblem in the back.

Some LHD JZS130 royal saloon had both a Toyota emblem on the grill and a standing Crown emblem on the bonnet.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Nice. I could see it slotting in beside the Highlander like Venza is beside the Rav4.
You mean the Crown Estate? It is comparable in size to the Highlander, like the Highlander was beside the first-generation Venza.

If the Crown Estate were offered in Canada, I would be interested in taking a look at it.