16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Crown Sedan is a very big sedan. Dimension wise, I'd consider it to be a short-wb LS. It's much larger than the outgoing Crown since it's basically a Crown Majesta. Won't be a sporty vehicle and probably won't sell here in NA.
True now if they were to drop that 2.4 turbo hybrid setup in the mirai it would sell pretty well around 65k

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The Lotus is really ugly because it is very ill-proportioned. The the design language is very Chinese, by that I mean very mundane/generic and could be any Chinese brand. The Porsche Tyacan and Audi e-Tron GT are maybe inferior in electric tech, in in design they are the best BEVs, the only ones that are low and that do not have a "hanging battery belly".

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Completely agree with everything you said Levi. Geely is absolutely butchering Lotus.
Reading some of the Emira's reviews from the UK, even it is getting kinda botched by Geely's way of doing things, especially the AMG turbo 4 cylinder version. Handling isn't up to Lotus' usual standards either, and its MSRP is getting ridiculously expensive for what it can offer. On the Emira forum, some Emira owners have been facing some quite serious manufacturing defects.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Funny thing is almost all off these spottings have been fcev whereas the hev will be available for sale before the fcev this autumn and not a single sighting

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
So according to best car the new crown sedan and crossover combination made the camry redundant granted the crossover has a consistent monthly sales figure of 3,000 which totals to 36,000 a year whereas the camry only sold 5,575 units in japan last year and itçs quite sad because before this toyota had the camry, mark x and crown in mid size now only the crown and mirai remain for the japanese market

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
''I was sitting in the driver's seat earlier, and I was able to drive the Crown (sedan). The interior was also delicately crafted. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Japanese manufacturing spirit and craftsmanship will be received when it goes out into the world."
👀

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
-Test drive on 6 October
-Sport would go on sale followed by sedan a month later probably
-Estate will be showcased (working prototype