16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Those 4 cylinder engines are way smoother than the A25 and T24. The dynamic force 4 cylinders are downgrades compared to their predecessors in NVH. The old 8AR-FTS in longitudinal form was very smooth.

And now they have no incentive to improve those engines because Lexus is going full electric.

I've said for a very long time we should have minimal expectations for the Crown sedan. Don't know why it's been hyped up so much.
I should be clearer, people like Kirk Kreifels kept rooting for the smaller hybrid powertrains. He has never said anything about the bigger engines.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I doubt and really hope the 2.5L won't go in this. Since this is a bigger more upscale version of the S15 (I'd call this new sedan "Majesta") I think they're gonna carry-over the 3.5L Multistage system. The 2.5L will stay in the more "pedestrian" trio Estate/Sport/Suv

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
toyota-crown-estate-1.jpgtoyota-crown-estate-3.jpgtoyota-crown-estate-2.jpg

Okay, the Crown Estate looking a lot more wagon-like in these pics! Would I have prefered it be based on the TNGA-L S230 Crown? Yes. Does it however look significantly better than the horrendous Crown Crossover? YES.

Still upset out of the amazing Crown Sport, Estate, and Sedan, we get the worst looking Crossover... Still praying to get these other variants in the states.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Reimagined Sedan with Bold Styling, Premium Comfort and Elevated Ride Height
  • Three Grades, XLE, Limited and Platinum, All with Standard AWD
  • Hybrid Powertrain Standard with Choice of Hybrid MAX or Toyota Hybrid System
  • Hybrid MAX combines a 2.4-L Turbo Hybrid Engine with Rear eAxle for 340 HP and 400 lb-ft. of torque
  • Traffic Jam Assist, Lane Change Assist, and Front Cross Traffic Alert Standard on Platinum grade
  • Advanced Technology Package Available on Limited Grade
  • Interior Updates Across XLE, Limited and Platinum Grades

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Toyota USA if you're listening.. PLEASE bring the delicious, yummy S230 Crown to the US. I need this.
It has only 230 PS NA hybrid 4 cylinder engine and weighs more than 2000 kg. It is slower than Crown Crossover.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Man idk who's designing these new Crowns. They all have a distinct look to them, they don't look like Toyota/Lexus vehicles. It's fitting of the "Crown" sub-brand that they all look different than the rest of Toyota's lineup. Very unique and sleek. All except the Crown Cross lol.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Man idk who's designing these new Crowns. They all have a distinct look to them, they don't look like Toyota/Lexus vehicles. It's fitting of the "Crown" sub-brand that they all look different than the rest of Toyota's lineup. Very unique and sleek. All except the Crown Cross lol.
Prius, new C-HR have same front as these Crowns.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The Crown has four exclusive dealerships in Japan now. They will still be sold alongside other Toyotas, but the situation feels like Genesis before it (finally) got a separate dealership network. So Crown is now officially a sub-brand of TMC.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It has only 230 PS NA hybrid 4 cylinder engine and weighs more than 2000 kg. It is slower than Crown Crossover.
I'm fine with that. I drive an underpowered 211hp wagon that weighs 3,890 lbs currently. And naturally I'd have something quicker along the Crown if I could afford to.