shizhi

Follower
Reactions
On April 26, ux300e will be officially listed in China. This month, C-HR and izoa EV will also be on the market, and some Chinese dealers have already got the exhibition vehicles.
some photos of C-HR EV:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
My Dutch really sucks, but with Youtube help it shows how much they believe this battery pack will be reliable, giving 10 years or 1 million kilometers warranty:

So the Toyota Li-S SSB's are likely going to last my lifetime (30-50 years)? :)

Too bad we both are waiting for the 4IS BEV or something sportier than the UX300e.

Will1991

Reactions
At least, it's a clear indication we're doing the right thing and wait a bit more for a Toyota/Lexus BEV sedan.

And we can see how much better the boot space is next to a UX250h.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
At least, it's a clear indication we're doing the right thing and wait a bit more for a Toyota/Lexus BEV sedan.

And we can see how much better the boot space is next to a UX250h.

I think I lied. I would settle for a Lexus CUV BEV that drives / feels 85% of a Macan BEV.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
So the Toyota Li-S SSB's are likely going to last my lifetime (30-50 years)? :)

Too bad we both are waiting for the 4IS BEV or something sportier than the UX300e.

The Lexus video was excellent. Great to see they have a clear vision of what they want the brand to be.

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
The battery cooling system uses airconditioned air , they will also be plumbing that thru the ventilated seats to make efficient use of energy and keep occupants at a comfortable temp.
Not that cooled seats have not been done before but this is likely a 1st since it uses the battery cooling system .

Will1991

Reactions
So,
The battery cooling system uses airconditioned air , they will also be plumbing that thru the ventilated seats to make efficient use of energy and keep occupants at a comfortable temp.
Not that cooled seats have not been done before but this is likely a 1st since it uses the battery cooling system .

I've been thinking about it, how does it work?

Because if batterie cooling draws cooled air from the cabin, and then goes trough the batteries, and then sent to the seats it will be heated up air... No longer being cooled seats...

Do you have any more information on how it will work?

Will1991

Reactions
About the previous shared video of Lexus Electrified:

Lexus Electrified Chief Engineer Exclusive Interview

In its continued efforts to deliver innovative and amazing experiences, Lexus has recently unveiled its vision for an upcoming generation of electrified vehicles, under the banner “Lexus Electrified".

The “Lexus Electrified” vision targets a fundamental leap in vehicle performance, handling, control and driver enjoyment - even as mobility within our society continues to change with autonomous driving and vehicle electrification.

Evoking the original fun of driving, Lexus intends to use its 15 years of experience in electrification technologies to further evolve driving pleasure, and to fundamentally transform the essence of luxury vehicles of the future – creating a unique Lexus driving signature with exceptional ride comfort, quietness and craftsmanship.

Takashi Watanabe, Chief Engineer at Lexus, takes us through the key aspects of this “Lexus Electrified” strategy in an exclusive interview.

ABOUT TAKASHI WATANABE :
Takashi Watanabe started his career with Toyota in 1993 with engine systems development. He has worked on many different types of engines and exhaust systems. Since 2012, he has worked also on the development of several Lexus vehicles and became in 2017 leader of the Lexus Electrified Project.

There is a "official" link on Lexus Europe Newsroom, but I'm not getting to work here.

It's nice to know that Lexus is working on Lexus Electrified since 2017, and as said by @LexsCTJill it's also good to know they know what they want to do, they have a clear vision.

From my point of view, this is what I think about UX300e:
  • Very good to see they're trusting on their work and warranty will be a extended one;
  • Nice to see Lexus as the first Toyota BEV for Europe;
  • Range isn't good or bad, it's OK, it's enough for the majority of drivers and with a reasonable charging grid is even able to do longer trips;
  • Not having CCS, or being maxed out at 50kW DC charging... It hasn't been built with Europe in mind... Technically, how hard could be to have CCS instead of CHAdeMO?
  • Pricing it's a bit high IMO:
    • e-Niro is 10% cheaper with considerable more range and CCS@100kW
    • About the same price of a Mach-E SR RWD with considerable more range and CCS@115kW

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
About the previous shared video of Lexus Electrified:

There is a "official" link on Lexus Europe Newsroom, but I'm not getting to work here.

It's nice to know that Lexus is working on Lexus Electrified since 2017, and as said by @LexsCTJill it's also good to know they know what they want to do, they have a clear vision.

From my point of view, this is what I think about UX300e:
  • Very good to see they're trusting on their work and warranty will be a extended one;
  • Range isn't good or bad, it's OK, it's enough for the majority of drivers and with a reasonable charging grid is even able to do longer trips;
  • Not having CCS, or being maxed out at 50kW DC charging... It hasn't been built with Europe in mind... Technically, how hard could be to have CCS instead of CHAdeMO?
    • About the same price of a Mach-E SR RWD with considerable more range and CCS@115kW

Does it come with 10 years, 240,000 km battery warranty?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
@internalaudit , from the Dutch Review it says 10 years or 1 million km warranty and on Lexus NL website says "We even guarantee up to 85% of the original capacity on the battery for 8 years." without any reference to mileage.

Either way, they're both better than the competition.

That's nice. It's looking like I'm going for a Lexus BEV after all if that 10 year, even 400,000 km hold and get adopted to future BEVs.

Battery packs should be the number one concern for people like me who like to drive cars into the ground.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

when it comes to e-Niro and 10% difference, that is pretty small car vs car. At least in my country in EU, Niro vs UX is 200% difference for base petrol Niro vs Hybrid UX.

Will1991

Reactions
when it comes to e-Niro and 10% difference, that is pretty small car vs car. At least in my country in EU, Niro vs UX is 200% difference for base petrol Niro vs Hybrid UX.

Wasn’t seeing it that way to be honest, in Portugal is around the same... Sometimes is a bit tricky to compare this UX300e, since EQA is unknown, BMW/Audi has nothing similar... We only have the XC40 Recharge, but is so much more powerful, considerably bigger range and charges faster as well, it’s a whole different championship...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Wasn’t seeing it that way to be honest, in Portugal is around the same... Sometimes is a bit tricky to compare this UX300e, since EQA is unknown, BMW/Audi has nothing similar... We only have the XC40 Recharge, but is so much more powerful, considerably bigger range and charges faster as well, it’s a whole different championship...

yeah, you are focusing on EV part and then selecting the vehicle.

Lexus/TMC is looking at it as - here is the car, now it has EV option, together with hybrid and petrol one.

They are not selling EV tech, they are selling the vehicle.

For better or worse - they will not get EV affectionados this way, they will get people who want luxury small CUV, that might have EV option.

Might be a decent idea in the sense that if you are EV aficionado, why would you even look at anything else but Model Y?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

How much of cars are leased in Portugal? I probably would try a German car if I had the mindset to keep leasing new cars every few years but I know it's not any less costly than buy new and keeping for at least eight years.

In North America, lots of decent lease deals from German makes. Not so much for in demand Toyota or Lexus vehicles.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
"My kid wants an EV for college so I got them a Lexus, instead of dealing with Tesla and worrying about my kid screwing around with the self driving. bonus points it reduces chances of impromptu road trip."

Honestly that is more of a market than youd expect.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The problem isn't Tesla. It's the same problem Lexus has been facing for years.

20 BEVs from Audi, another 20 BEVs from VW, at least half a dozen from BMW and MB and even Volvo/Polestar by 2025.

I know from my readings that the Achilles' Heel of the Euro makes are the engines and with BEVs, there will be no weakness in those German cars using biodegradable plastic components here and there. Motors are likely not going to be that expensive to replace.

Outside electronics, motor and battery, everything else on the BEV can be serviced by independent mechanics.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
yeah, you are focusing on EV part and then selecting the vehicle.

Lexus/TMC is looking at it as - here is the car, now it has EV option, together with hybrid and petrol one.

They are not selling EV tech, they are selling the vehicle.

For better or worse - they will not get EV affectionados this way, they will get people who want luxury small CUV, that might have EV option.

Might be a decent idea in the sense that if you are EV aficionado, why would you even look at anything else but Model Y?

Now that you mentioned it, the price delta from the hybrid to the BEV is quite small when compared to other offers/brands.

Giving you even more reason, I do appreciate Tesla's electric powertrain and think they've achieve amazing things, but as car... It lack some things I really look for! I guess I won't mind to loose some performance/range/charging speed but this being a SUV and I'm not being into this SUV thing it's hard for me to pay this extra SUV-tax...

How much of cars are leased in Portugal? I probably would try a German car if I had the mindset to keep leasing new cars every few years but I know it's not any less costly than buy new and keeping for at least eight years.

In North America, lots of decent lease deals from German makes. Not so much for in demand Toyota or Lexus vehicles.

For the private costumer, we usually buy it. Sadly we import a lot of crap for the used car market due to high taxation next to there countries such as Spain, France, Germany... It's almost residual the amount of private costumers who lease.

Companies is different, it's usually a 3/4 year contract with a constant fee.

But it's not a solution for me, my family tends to buy new and drive it for long years:
  • Toyota AE92 GTi, 18 years and around 230.000km, fuel economy was really really awful so it needed to go
  • Toyota Avensis, still running with 21 years and more than 261.000km (I've done 100.000km on the last 4 years), until some extent it depends on Lexus for how long it will be my daily driver
  • Toyota Auris, 10 years and 192.000km