Updated Lexus IS Debuts at Beijing Auto Show

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Why is there no MRM? And there is the IS 300 and IS 350 still probably.
Lexus USA (not sure around the world) dropped Matador Red Mica for MY2016 and replaced it with Campbell's Tomato Soup red. Blah.
IS300 is a heavier AWD car (no need for that in FL) and IS350 lower mileage and thousands more expensive than an IS250 F Sport.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
If there is any changes in interior --- I would think the following makes sense as it has an improved premium feel, cost reduction by using common elements, etc.

1. Change the front overhead to LED with touch sensing, just like what is available in NX, new RX, ES, etc
2. Remote Touch controller is replaced with a remote pad. The positions of cupholders, remote pad and the drive selector will be like what are in RC/RC-F.

And my addition (also missing in the RC):
3. An electronic break, done with the pedal.
4. A HOLD function: slightly harder pressing the brakes to switch to a "hold" state (can I finally give my right foot a little rest).[/QUOTE]
Glad that you mentioned the #3 and #4. If they do change the interior, replacing the manual foot brake to an electronic brake is definitely a welcome change and in the next few years, all Lexus models would probably be upgraded to e-brake.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
i would guess the main problem is cost of gas... but who knows, why not. By all accounts seems like a good option, with D4S it is better powertrain than in NX300h or ES300h.

Agree with you - I hope they do it! Just not holding my breath.

Daniel Guyton

Premium Member
Reactions
krew
16-04-18-lexus-is-updated.jpg

View the original article post
I'm thinking the IS-F is finally going to come out of the garage....

Reactions: Den

James

Founding Member
Reactions
The lights just look really agressive like almost too much for just the F sport. Could they have a turbo 6 in it as well? I agree the V-8 might be a bit much with what the GSF has..:

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
The lights just look really agressive like almost too much for just the F sport. Could they have a turbo 6 in it as well? I agree the V-8 might be a bit much with what the GSF has..:
The addition of a 300t engine will do the brand well, especially for those comparing to turbo-charged German alternatives.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
The addition of a 300t engine will do the brand well, especially for those comparing to turbo-charged German alternatives.
how much horsepower would that make approx.? If it made around 375 hp, that would be good for an F Sport to compete with the S4 and C 43. I mean, the F Sport model shouldn't be on all models, only the highest horsepower models. For example, it shouldn´t be on the 200t model, since it wouldn't be a fast car. There should be a separate IS model for F Sport model, like an IS 400 F Sport, or an IS 300t F Sport with no non-F Sport model.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If there was going to be a new engine designation, pretty sure it would have been trademarked by now.

I assume IS 200t with carryover, IS 300 AWD as a carryover and IS 350 with new 2GR-FKS.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
If there was going to be a new engine designation, pretty sure it would have been trademarked by now.

I assume IS 200t with carryover, IS 300 AWD as a carryover and IS 350 with new 2GR-FKS.
Could they use the old 4.6L in the ISF and LS? Probably unlikely but your probably right we would have the trademark of the engine...could they detune the 5.0 to make it different from GSF and RCF?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Could they use the old 4.6L in the ISF and LS? Probably unlikely but your probably right we would have the trademark of the engine...could they detune the 5.0 to make it different from GSF and RCF?

389hp IS F wouldn't be any match for the M3 or C63, and from what I heard, a V8 won't fit in that engine bay anyways. Hell, they'd need to be up over the original 416hp at least.

I don't think we'll have another IS F until the fourth generation car with all new powertrains, probably packing something like a TT V6 under the hood.