Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
All these years I've been hoping for their free piston linear generator coming to production so their offroad vehicles at least have some sort of back up power...

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
The high res photos show some other interesting things below the climate controls. Down by the usb chargers, there’s an HDMI port and a “high idle” button. The volume knob is also moved down below the climate controls.

I don’t know what a high idle button would be used for other than if the hybrid generator were being used to power something externally.

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
there’s an HDMI port and a “high idle” button. The volume knob is also moved down below the climate controls
This is how the European and I imagine the rest of the world Prado is equipped. The idle up button is for diesels.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
This is how the European and I imagine the rest of the world Prado is equipped. The idle up button is for diesels.
Interesting. Why would a Prado need a high idle option? It’s not like it has a PTO driving a hydraulic pump or anything. I guess I’m a bit naïve here.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
The side glass design of the 250 was clearly inspired from this old 4 door 70 series prototype.
(pic from the lc70 book -TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 70 Series - The World's Workhorse - Author: Takeshi Namba.)
347399072_638364401172162_7700133119445800131_n (1).jpg

the design idea was revived with the lc250 and finally appeared on a production land cruiser.
IMG-20231023-WA0000.jpg

We also see hints of that design in the electric land cruiser Se concept - mixed with the rear lexus style pillar glass
IMG-20231023-WA0002.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
toyota-land-cruiser-se.jpg

Looks like this was the other mysterious vehicle from the LC 250 reveal.

If this is the Land Cruiser Se, is there a Land Cruiser S coming?

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
It looks like there’s some slight revisions to the dash. I like the placement of the volume knob better here. It always looked like an afterthought when it was placed between the screens. It looks like the surround trim around the gauge cluster was recontoured as well. I like these small changes.

It looks like the diesel Prado doesn’t have a center diff locker button. It’s integrated with the 4wd selector. It looks like there is a 4hi, 4hi locked, and 4low locked on the selector. I believe the pictures of the models here in the US just had 4hi and 4low on the selector with a separate button for the center diff lock. Personally I like having the separate diff lock button, but I’d be curious if this was a design change across the board.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
BestCar is doubling down on their speculation of the LC mini being BOF and having a never seen engine (1.5T).

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
The 1.5T sounds interesting. I assume it's a variation of the M15, but it would be interesting to see if it's an all new engine. If it's all new, I kinda hope it's a 4 cylinder instead of a 3.

1.5T in a mini Land Cruiser doesn't sound like much, and it will probably have some negativity. That being said, they could pair it with an electric motor and 250hp with decent low-end torque doesn't sound unreasonable.

A 1.5T in the new GR86 and rumored Celica would be interesting as well. It could very well be an option in the Corolla or even Camry. Honda is putting a 1.5T in the Civic and Accord.

I would rather see the S20 in all these models, but the 1.5T is interesting to think about, nonetheless.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The 1.5T sounds interesting. I assume it's a variation of the M15, but it would be interesting to see if it's an all new engine. If it's all new, I kinda hope it's a 4 cylinder instead of a 3.

1.5T in a mini Land Cruiser doesn't sound like much, and it will probably have some negativity. That being said, they could pair it with an electric motor and 250hp with decent low-end torque doesn't sound unreasonable.

A 1.5T in the new GR86 and rumored Celica would be interesting as well. It could very well be an option in the Corolla or even Camry. Honda is putting a 1.5T in the Civic and Accord.

I would rather see the S20 in all these models, but the 1.5T is interesting to think about, nonetheless.
I'd think the GR86 and rumored Celica would get the G16. I'm about 5000 miles into ownership of my GR Corolla. Man, what an engine. *if* it proves to be durable, it might be the best engine Toyota ever built. Come at me 2JZ and UR lovers. haha

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I'd think the GR86 and rumored Celica would get the G16. I'm about 5000 miles into ownership of my GR Corolla. Man, what an engine. *if* it proves to be durable, it might be the best engine Toyota ever built. Come at me 2JZ and UR lovers. haha
I could definitely see the Celica with a G16 as an option. I was mainly thinking the hybrid 1.5 could be used as a base engine. A GR Celica All-Trak with AWD and a G16 would be fantastic. I could definitely see it happening unless Toyota goes all electric with it, like Honda is with the new Prelude.

The GR86 I’m not quite so sure about. I don’t even know what platform Toyota will use if they ditch Subaru.