mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm about as die hard as it gets and I have not much to say. All my non Lexus enthusiasts now laugh at the mention of the car. I kept saying something big was coming and we all are still waiting. I heard such promising things last year and then it all went silent.

Not sure what to think anymore on when the LC F arrives but there is no denying it kills enthusiasm, especially when it seems every week the Germans have a new AMG/RS/M etc....

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yes the LCF (and vert) are too late to the game but to Lexus' credit, they probably had no idea the LC would be so well received. Even though sales are lack luster, people still lust after the car. Reviews are overwhelmingly great, and customers are satisfied. The high reception of the LC is likely what gave them the confidence to pursue the vert and LCF.

It's a shame that the LC is almost universally praised and yet it doesn't sell well. On the plus side, it does make it more special when you see one on the road.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
It's a shame that the LC is almost universally praised and yet it doesn't sell well. On the plus side, it does make it more special when you see one on the road.

It is very frustrating that it doesn't sell well and it's such an excellent product. That right there, is where I look at the buying public (of means) with derision and point out the double standard (referring to my parents & others). They'll buy a renamed 6-Series with more std. equipment as an 8-Series, but this doesn't cut it?

The mentality that Lexus charges too much for it, is a big laugh when this looks just as good as its million dollar inspiration, the Aston Martin One-77. People can be so stupidly fickle and ignorant. Yet tell themselves they are smart with their money, yet blow it on products which aren't that special (Urus, Bentayga).

I can also ironically be blamed too, because I went with the F82 BMW M4 (required manual transmission), but in my case where is the LC-F? If executed the right way, I would buy it. And likely will, but only if it goes into production. My first automatic high performance car (not SUV, had '09 G55 AMG), if done correctly.

I can say what I want about the other cars, but this one deserves more appreciation, despite slow cadence. Sadly all one hears about is low on torque, should be 500+ hp (cuz Shelby GT350🙄), Remote Touch blah-blah...😑

Reactions
It is very frustrating that it doesn't sell well and it's such an excellent product. That right there, is where I look at the buying public (of means) with derision and point out the double standard (referring to my parents & others). They'll buy a renamed 6-Series with more std. equipment as an 8-Series, but this doesn't cut it?

The mentality that Lexus charges too much for it, is a big laugh when this looks just as good as its million dollar inspiration, the Aston Martin One-77. People can be so stupidly fickle and ignorant. Yet tell themselves they are smart with their money, yet blow it on products which aren't that special (Urus, Bentayga).

I can also ironically be blamed too, because I went with the F82 BMW M4 (required manual transmission), but in my case where is the LC-F? If executed the right way, I would buy it. And likely will, but only if it goes into production. My first automatic high performance car (not SUV, had '09 G55 AMG), if done correctly.

I can say what I want about the other cars, but this one deserves more appreciation, despite slow cadence. Sadly all one hears about is low on torque, should be 500+ hp (cuz Shelby GT350🙄), Remote Touch blah-blah...😑

Lexus needs to go ham in terms of marketing and actually gaslight the entire public and make them question their sanity and their life decisions. Make them question themselves why they they messed up and didn't buy a Lexus. Lexus needs to bring THOSE kinds of cars to market (the LC is a good example) and then after that, you gotta market the living sh*t out of it. Then you have a winning formula. Stop marketing the ES and RX, they're going to sell well anyways. Start marketing your good cars.

I stop caring for this brand, stopped going on this website that often (I only get constant notifications that won't stop bombarding my email), or even thinking about speccing one for fun (that's the point of being an aspirational brand). I've moved on to Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and you may or may not be surprised on this next one, Toyota. I'd rather screw around and spec a Sequoia that is from the BUSH ADMINISTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!! But you know what, it's okay. At least it's honest. The car is honest. The story behind it is honest. Lexus is none of that right now. Lexus is just fake, and as a result, they're dead to me.

Reactions
If Lexus does in fact delay the release of the LC F, I firmly believe they should put in at least 650 bhp + hybridization. Keep in mind that NOW there's already the M8 Competition with 617 hp. Of course, aside from the bump in HP and torque, they should put the LC on a diet, and limit its weight to a maximum of 3,950 lbs. That way, they won't have to boost the hp and torque numbers so much in order to get a decent power to weight ratio.

LexiF

Fan
Reactions
I said this before...The LCF is to be a lot lighter using carbon fibre forged parts, losing the rear seats, new bumpers for better aero dynamics (less drag), less floor clearance, ceramic brakes (like RCF TE (I already said Lexus was working on something to bring fight to the M4)), Carbon spoiler etc. 911 GT3 fighter is its goal and if the LFA is anything to go by then patience is needed for such a car (that’s reliable as well). I have no need to lie; I don’t own a Lexus anymore for I bought an Audi A7 Bitdi which is gorgeous, fast, luxurious and comfortable and yet doesn’t feel special which is why I am waiting on Lexus to bring out the models we need.

LC500 Convertible is beautiful and the new advert for it with its V8 roar is insane! Who you going to compare it with? What car from the Germans can compete with it? Yes it took time to make but they pulled it off without having to change the complete rear like with the ISC.

LCF is overdue but imagine what it’s going to be? RCF TE 0-60 3.9 secs + Ceramic brakes + launch control + carbon fibre everywhere + new lightweight wheels etc etc...did we expect Lexus to do this? I wonder how many people thought it was going to be the same just with different styling? Now imagine an LC given the same treatment the RCF got, but with a dark heart 😈

I’ve sent an email to Lexus to put me in charge as I would shake the entire foundations of Lexus to make it what it was meant to be...I wonder the likelihood of a response...

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
It is very frustrating that it doesn't sell well and it's such an excellent product.

Sadly all one hears about is low on torque, should be 500+ hp, Remote Touch blah-blah...😑

Interesting to see your post (and Ian's) right after I just wrote this LC value post for another thread.

In theory, the LC was such a great overall value proposition by design, performance, and quality, it should've been a no brainer and easily hit their sales goals. Imagine if MB designed and released the LC instead? People would be scrambling to put down a deposit but buyers in that segment just rather buy the brand. Does ANYBODY here know how much better the LC should've been engineered to attain better sales than the competition? No, and thats exactly why I'm so annoyed when I hear complaints from people who think they know exactly what the problem is, as if giving the LS an extra inch more leg space in the rear or 2 more cylinders would've been the home run formula.

I completely agree, the complaints on the LC are lame and quite frankly predictably lazy. I often ask myself how many of those car reviewers say the remote touch is bad simply because they heard another reviewer say it and just simply wanted to find a flaw on the LC for the sake of actually having a flaw to write about. Almost every LC review is like a mirror of the same from another publication.

As a big fan of Lexus, I'm as sad as the rest of you about the LCF delay but it appears to be about a year only, which in car years is meh at best. I'm still shocked Lexus built the concept!

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
LC looks and performance have nothing to do with low sales. Lexus brand direction/misdirection carries all of the burdens for that. Kind of like why NSX doesn't sell under Acura badge but the less extreme situation.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
2 seater not a bad choice
Hope they will manage to sell that V8 mill in order to reduce its cost

TurboLag

Fan
Reactions
Lexus will use a new twin turbo V8 for the next Nürburgring 24 hour race instead of the NA one ? 🤔

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-02-27-lexus-lc-f-rendering.jpg

The Lexus LC F will debut in 2022 with 660 horsepower, according to Peter Lyons of Forbes:

From a source close to Lexus however, we have learned that the V8 will most probably be a new lightweight 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 generating upwards of 660-hp in race-spec form and 480 lb-ft of torque and be married to a 10-speed automatic gearbox with flappy paddles.
Such a power boost will put the LC F in the same neighborhood as the Lamborghini Huracan, Ferrari 488GTB and McLaren 650S while the hot Lexus is expected to land in showrooms for under $200,000, significantly undercutting its Italian rivals.

The release date and horsepower rating have been a moving target for quite some time, though it appears to have stabilized to over 650 horsepower and a 2021-2022...

Continue reading...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
2022 seems late, but at if those numbers are correct, and the price is under $200k, that's a contender.

Really, really curious to see if we see a LC refresh (i think we will) to coincide, and if the LC F will be based on that or the current LC? I know the video of the LC based TTV8 race car had a new front treatment that likely reflects the production equivalent, so i'm hoping it's a sharper, new front end.

I know there were also rumors of the LC F being a true 2-seater, I wonder if that will be the case.
I think the back seats actually are sort of a nice to have in a GT coupe or cabriolet, but I think for this it would be a safe thing to lose.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
4L with 650hp is about the same specific power as the G16-GTS used on the Yaris GR. The growth potential on these engines must be massive. Too bad most motorsport series today have tiny fuel flow limits and the V8TT will be choked by restrictions in most applications. It would be a huge waste in both GT3 and GTE where smaller lighter engines are preferred. The only place it could go is a combined Hypercar/DPi series. A gasoline-only Lexus DPi fighting a hybrid Toyota GR Super Sport would be quite a spectacle. In fact I believe the support for Hypercar/DPi merge from Lexus is because they want to find a use for this engine.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
WOOOW!! I honestly can't wait till that day when it comes out.

After thinking of it ... Lexus is heading in a kinda different direction which is amazing. Since Koji Sato is the new president I already see what kind of changes have been made. If the Lexus LC F will be neighbored to Lamborghini, Ferrari or even Mclaren ... and the Lexus LX will be categorized as the Bentley Bentayga. Then the next 5 years will be just exciting as ever Lexus been

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I'm not sure if these pictures have been shared here yet but I saw this on @allcarnews on Instagram:

It claims that the LS F will have the same powertrain as the LC F, (the 650hp 4.x Turbo V8)

Will1991

Reactions
I think I already see them around here, but, if a LS F is truly coming out... I would be in trouble choosing between them.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
LC F will be coming and can't wait...hopefully an LS F does come and it will complete the LS line...

LS 500
LS 500h
LS F