Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
Regarding the Tokyo show not being the most likely venue,there's also a rumour that Toyota will show a production ready FT-1 (Supra),a near production ready S-FR and the next Auris/Corolla including a 250hp sports version,and Lexus might hold off on the LC F to not have all these performance models fighting for attention.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Lexus LC and BMW i8 are the most interesting "sportscars" on sale IMO.

The I4+I4=V8 thing is interesting. That is how TMC got the V8 Diesel. Makes me wonder what the new Land Cruiser will get? V8 Diesel? V8 Gasoline? V6 Diesel? V6 Gasoline Hybrid? V6 Diesel Hybrid?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Question isn't the GS being cancelled (I know we have a thread on it)? But isn't this saying 550 HP for the next GSF? If there's a next GSF there has to be a Regular GS rt...?!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Yeah that story doesn't pass the smell test to me. Too many things that don't make sense. First of all, yes the stated torque figure is way too low for a twin turbo V8. Secondly two 8AR engines joined together? That makes no sense. The 8AR engine is certainly not a Lexus-worthy or Lexus-like engine. For evidence, look at various Lexus NX owners complaining about lack of refinement from the engine. So two 8ARs joined together, no matter with how much modification, IMO will not produce a Lexus-worthy engine. If this actually does end up being true, it will be shocking and VERY disappointing.

Reactions: RAL

mikeavelli

Reactions
Audis 4.0tt can make anywhere from 420-605hp and some with a tune.... it's one hell of an engine. Lexus going this route excites me.

That Audi engine also is very fuel efficient on the highway.

As much as I'd like to see a TT V8, I think the Lexus engineers will follow the footsteps of the new NSX engineers. The hybrid motor will add another 90-100 hp. Lexus has to know that the bulk of the performance enthusiast won't be able to afford this. The real question will be what the increase in price is. I say a 25K bump at least.

The NSX is a porker at 3800lbs due to all the hybrid tech. We would have a 5000 lbs LC F!

Madi

Fan
Reactions
Question isn't the GS being cancelled (I know we have a thread on it)? But isn't this saying 550 HP for the next GSF? If there's a next GSF there has to be a Regular GS rt...?!

No, as I said before,,, those three cars : IS , GS and LS will never be canceled. And if we talk about the GS especially its just a Luxury version of Toyota MARK X, so as well as the Mark X exists the GS will never be canceled.

mikeavelli

Reactions
No, as I said before,,, those three cars : IS , GS and LS will never be canceled. And if we talk about the GS especially its just a Luxury version of Toyota MARK X, so as well as the Mark X exists the GS will never be canceled.

That is a pretty good point...it still all stems to the media and internet trolls taking one misquoted sentence from Akio and turning it into something else. Akio told his engineers when driving the current GS the first time if that is the best they can do, then just cancel the car. It never was seriously on the chopping block. Trolls ran with it.

The current GS is the best selling generation ever.

Reactions
This I've gotta see (LC-F). I think there something fishy with the GS-F rumor though. When have you seen Lexus or any other manufacturer switch the motor in the same generation of the car? I don't mean adding another option (e.g. 2.0L turbo and 3.5L V6), I mean getting rid of the 2UR-GSE that's currently in the GS-F for this new TT V8. And if this is true, the RC-F has officially become the red-headed step child of the F lineup. Poor thing.. Lexus sure blew that platform (chassis weight), it had sooo much potential.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Here is the exact quote:

"We’ve been reading stories about an LC F supposedly debuting in Tokyo as well, and I can tell you that it is not true," the Lexus spokesperson said over email.

To me, that just means the car isn't debuting in Tokyo. LC F is happening.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Here is the exact quote:

"We’ve been reading stories about an LC F supposedly debuting in Tokyo as well, and I can tell you that it is not true," the Lexus spokesperson said over email.

To me, that just means the car isn't debuting in Tokyo. LC F is happening.
I agree. Hell does anyone care where it comes out at as long as it comes out?! And soonish!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-02-27-lexus-lc-f-car-driver-rendering.jpg

The horsepower will have to wait.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I feel like the real LC F is going to look a lot more different from the RC F and the GS F in styling. All these renderings use the same cues that were used in converting the regular model to F, but I feel like the LC F is going to be more unique since it is a flagship and the designing is too similar.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Thanks for the posts. I also would certainly expect more than 600 HP. a TTV8 sounds like a good option, not as pricey as a V10. Perhaps offer 2 engine options (V8 and V10), but there may not be a large enough market to allow for 2 engine options. To say that this car looks exciting is an understatement, but i agree that orange calipers would really top it off! Clearly Lexus has a number of goodies up their sleeves.

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
I can't wait to see what they do with it. If there are rumors of a new GS F then there should also be a new GS to go with it.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
wow, looks great. I would assume that they have further developed the suspension and steering. I must say that it is more expensive than I anticipated, $178k is now out of my reach.

Reactions
The LC is certainly heavy, so I'm pretty curious to see what they come up with to shave off some of that weight. If we're going to have to wait for another 2 years, make it lighter with tons of aluminum and CFRP in the chassis and perhaps most of the car itself.
The GT-R Nismo starts at about $175,000 dollars, so I'd expect the LC F to cost about the same. Fortunately, with this new turbocharged-eight, a detuned version could liked fall in the hands of the next generation GS F, and bring it up to standard. I'll assume that they'll use even stickier tires as well.
If the GS F gets the F engine, then the old 2UR-GSE one will likely replace the GS 350 model and move that one down, to compare to the BMW 550i and the V6 to the 530i. All speculation.
The weight problem is the biggest issue. If Lexus can still maintain a front mid-engined rear-wheel drive layout with the large 4.0 liter sitting behind the wheels, the vehicle should plow a lot less. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires or Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires are likely going to be used as well, but specially developed to be run-flats. Lexus has been adamant against offering carbon ceramic brakes, so enormous 8-piston brakes might be an option.
If Lexus is benchmarking the GTR Nismo, a car with 0-60 times of 2.8 seconds, then the LC F will be about as fast; blowing the tires off of its German rivals like the AMG GT S, the BMW M6, both the S63 and S65, as well as the RS7. At this point the LC F is running with the Porsche 911 Turbo.
Lexus has been very capable of building chassis in the past (like the GS), and we'll see if the LC F can beat the LFA (with the Nurburgring package) around Green Hell.