NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
According to Kirk, ES production is moving to Japan.

I also heard Sienna production may be moving to Japan. This I find interesting, and if true, it makes me wonder if we will see some consolidation in the Sienna/Alphard/Vellfire lines.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I'd be shocked if Sienna and the JDM vans converged. The Japan vans are way more vertical passenger areas to minimize footprint and tend to be a lot less comfortable for big Americans. That said, Sienna is in a tough spot being built at Indiana where it has to compete for space on the assembly line with the popular Highlander, Grand Highlander, and (probably) TX.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
According to Kirk, ES production is moving to Japan.

I also heard Sienna production may be moving to Japan. This I find interesting, and if true, it makes me wonder if we will see some consolidation in the Sienna/Alphard/Vellfire lines.
Moving the ES production out of Kentucky and back to Japan at the end of this generation has been known for some time now, leaving that production line (ES is in its own dedicated line) for a BEV.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
1705018102122.png
Bestcar February edition - Cars coming in 2025

Coming to
2025 Bloomers Salon!!
25 years later,
C has been
reborn as LC and
R Sports Coupe.
Combined with the new luxury
coupe and HEV FR sports,
is proud of
Kusas

LC+RC integrated sports
HEV Sports, the classic luxury coupe
Introduced as an HEV FR sports coupe. The size is likely
to be about the same as the current LC.
A 3.4-liter twin-turbo V6 is installed
in a certain Koma, but the V6 of the
current LC, 3, the North American-
exclusive Tundra, and the 5-liter Toyota
are likely to be used.Also, details
regarding Toyota's engine are unknown.
Current LC500, RC F.
Unfortunately, ``There is a
possibility that a pure engine turbo
will be adopted.''It is a 2+2 seater
with a high design and
elegant 2-door engine.There is
no 52 engine.There is no car.''
In-line 4, 2.4ℓ (China spec) or
Land Cruiser 250 (North America/
It looks like it will be around
10,000 yen. There is potential. The
price is 1,500 yen.This car is also
available with a small configuration, and
there is also information that the current
LC will be a converter. A design
called "The Royal Road of Class Coupes"
full length
Lexus LC+RC integrated sports expected specs

full width
Total height
Wheelbase
power unit
system output
Drive system
transmission
Expected price

V6.3.5ℓHEV

8AT
15 million yen

It will first be released as a closed body, with the possibility of a convertible version being added later.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I’m not sure I’m reading that correctly, but the 5.0 V8 carryover sounds intriguing. If Toyota continues building the 5.0, I sure would like to see it offered in the Tundra.

I don’t understand what it’s saying about the 250 series and 2.4 Turbo. Is it saying the new coupe may have a 2.4 Turbo for the Chinese market?

8 speed auto seems odd. I’d kinda expect a 10 speed.

I really like the renders so far. Hopefully the production version looks similar.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Never realized the GR Yaris was such a commercial success. 32000 sold in just 3 years for a homologation special and GR Corolla sold out all 8600 allocations in the first year. And these are figures without an automatic model. This and the success of IS500 are proof if they actually put effort into a performance product the market will reward them.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Never realized the GR Yaris was such a commercial success. 32000 sold in just 3 years for a homologation special and GR Corolla sold out all 8600 allocations in the first year. And these are figures without an automatic model. This and the success of IS500 are proof if they actually put effort into a performance product the market will reward them.
I expect that the 32k Yaris include the 1.5L CVT model as well. It’s basically a commuter drivetrain in the wide WRC homologation body. That was ultimately all they would have had to sell to meet those old regulations, but, thankfully, Toyota decided to make a proper homologation special.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I expect that the 32k Yaris include the 1.5L CVT model as well. It’s basically a commuter drivetrain in the wide WRC homologation body. That was ultimately all they would have had to sell to meet those old regulations, but, thankfully, Toyota decided to make a proper homologation special.
They reported the 1.5 made up ~ 3k of the units if I'm not mistaken.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

Cool that Lexus finally made an ad with their flagship cars... just not sure about the content, visuals and voiceover, I'm sure America isn't the target market anyway.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
content, visuals and voiceover

With all due respect and no offense meant, they've got some seriously cheeseball corporate marketing.
Their market image could be so so much better. It almost feels like the commercials you'd write for a fake car commercial in a movie.