Reactions
LS nameplate will remain and the LS will stay a sedan. It just won't be the Lexus Flagship. De facto Flagship will become an uber SUV.

Instead the LS will become a full fledged Panamera killer ie a hyperstylish incredibly well handling 4 door Grand Coupe in the vein of the AMG GT4, Audi S7, BMW 8 Gran Coupe and of course the Porsche Panamera.

Essentially, it will move into the middle zone in between the previous Lexus GS and current LS : half a size larger than the GS, probably keep the same exterior dimensions and interior space as the current 5LS since current LS is already half size smaller than the German Flagships like 7/S/A7 but with significantly upgraded handling, suspension, chassis and styling. Basically German midsize sedan interior space with LC styling/build quality/luxury and LS money. Next Gen IS will increase half a size to straddle both current IS and GS market ie RWD sports sedan market while FWD based ES will become the huge but affordable spacious people carrier sedan with no performance pretentions.

So the F-Sport models/F cars that Lexus hints at and online speculation is about will be, in the near future :

IS300, IS350 F-Sport, IS500 F-Sport (NA V8 or TTV6)
LC500, LC500h, LC650 F-Sport (either a boosted V8 or a performance hybrid with a NA V8/boosted V6 same as the Panamera Performance Hybrid)
LS500, LS500h, LS650 F-Sport (share powertrain with LC650 F-Sport)

Going forwards, F-Sport will always connote a power bump so base engine models of each line ie IS, LS and LC will not be F-Sports. An ISF may well have the LC/LS650 powertrain.

People who yearn for the soft riding super spacious LS of old will just have to move on to another nameplate or settle for the new generation ES.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
So no more F cars, only F-Sport?

This sounds Porsche-like. At BBA, M, AMG, and RS are significant hardware upgrades, at Porsche everything is top class, only power is different between various models.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
LS nameplate will remain and the LS will stay a sedan. It just won't be the Lexus Flagship. De facto Flagship will become an uber SUV.

Instead the LS will become a full fledged Panamera killer ie a hyperstylish incredibly well handling 4 door Grand Coupe in the vein of the AMG GT4, Audi S7, BMW 8 Gran Coupe and of course the Porsche Panamera.
I can honestly see this happen. People that want the VIP rear-seat comfort of the LS most likely won't have a problem switching to an even more spacious SUV, especially with all the lifted wagon craze.

Going forwards, F-Sport will always connote a power bump so base engine models of each line ie IS, LS and LC will not be F-Sports.
I don't understand this though. Why give switch out the F badge in favor of F-Sport? It seems unnecessary for Lexus to make seem like the high-performance models are just appearance packages as they (basically) used to be before. I do believe F-Sport should now connote a power bump and not merely an aesthetic and handling package, but as a mild-performance engine akin to the M-Sport, AMG 43, and S_ models in the German competition. The F models should still be for the full-fledged models like an LC with the TTV8.

Reactions
FYI, the new M3/M4 don't have DCTs. They have steptronic automatics. Pretty much no car in this class, has a dual-clutch. All of them have some form of automatics.
Same automatic you find in the Dodge Demon's that do 10 sec 1/4 miles. They are smoother and faster than the DCT without having to change clutches over time. But I'm an old school manual guy. Even at 50 years old, I'd prefer a clutch in traffic. Save the manuals!

Reactions
PDK by ZF and solely for Porsche don't have the issue with vibrations slowing to a standstill or accelerating from one?

I read most complaints about DCT are these but then wet DCT like in the Acura NSX is much more reliable than the dry ones in VW vehicles.
I've had DCT's in my 2 Nissan GT-r's I've owned and the initial launch off the line is not smooth. If you are flooring the gas pedal everytime, it's fine and launches like a beast. But in traffic situations where you are trying to have smooth take offs, it sucks. And sooner or later, you do have to replace clutches which is not cheap to do.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I am new here and not too sure if this is the right forum to post but came across this video of a leak reveal of the upcoming Lexus NX?
Damn that looks really good if it's real thanks for sharing. I'm sure the admin will move it to the right thread or start a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Ok, hang on. Don’t shoot me but I’m going to remove those links for right now.

Our relationship with Lexus is important and I want to check in with them before this goes viral. Please bear with me for a few hours and let’s not repost the link or screenshots.

Sikorsky, thanks for posting.

Thank you.

Reactions

Our relationship with Lexus is important and I want to check in with them before this goes viral. Please bear with me for a few hours and let’s not repost the link or screenshots.

Thank you.

I am terribly sorry about posting that link! I was pretty worried about copyright issues and stuff though I wasn't the one who posted it on Youtube. Just chanced upon it and thought I might share it with you guys. Really sorry!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am terribly sorry about posting that link! I was pretty worried about copyright issues and stuff though I wasn't the one who posted it on Youtube. Just chanced upon it and thought I might share it with you guys. Really sorry!

No need to apologize! Your intention was great! Thanks for sharing - truly.

It’s crazy to be living in a time when we had two Lexus product reveals in one week 😂

mikeavelli

Reactions

Thank you.

To confirm with Gecko it was a serious mistake. I’ve spoken to Lexus and they are grateful we took the link down and they are attempting to rectify things immediately.

Lucky some of us don’t sleep Hahahha..

Some of you saw something special you weren’t supposed to see yet :)