Reactions
I tried tracking him down but the last activity I found of his was approximately 15 months ago. Dude left because a lot of people were being hostile to him with the insider information he would give.

Actually, I'll be more blunt, they were genuine assholes, and they drove him out. I loved the guy.

But he's doing great things IRL, if we don't ever hear from him again, I wish him a lot of luck.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I would assume the 8ES will come out around the 3rd quarter of 2025 as a 2026 model then we'll get the next generation IS followed by the 6LS maybe around 2027 as a 2028 model. That seems like a long time however time does seem to creep up very quickly.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I wouldn't put it past Lexus to do a heavy 2021 IS style facelift for the LS, but the LS needs way more than that unfortunately.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
*must refrain from spilling tea and hurting feelings*

Lexus is focusing now on much younger professionals who really dont associate the Lexus brand with a nameplate like the LS; instead mostly their crossovers or suvs. If a legend like the LS were to be axed, it would akin to a tree falling in a dense forest.

Reactions
*must refrain from spilling tea and hurting feelings*

Lexus is focusing now on much younger professionals who really dont associate the Lexus brand with a nameplate like the LS; instead mostly their crossovers or suvs. If a legend like the LS were to be axed, it would akin to a tree falling in a dense forest.

The issue is that younger professionals still do buy full-size sedans, it's just that Lexus just doesn't care investing any sort of money into the company.

Lexus going full-steam ahead in being an all-EV company by 2030 is a surefire way of having it commit suicide. Them neglecting their flagship products and other RWD cars, along with having barely warmed over Toyotas that are overpriced as their bread and butter cars seems so... lazy...

But then again, people buy them in droves.

I just wish Lexus' buyer base had more taste when it comes to mechanicals and interior appointments, they are being complacent.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The issue is that younger professionals still do buy full-size sedans, it's just that Lexus just doesn't care investing any sort of money into the company.
^^

Had this exact argument on Car chat as well.. at least here in SoCal and I'm sure reflective of other major areas, younger foreign adults love executive sedans and driving one still is a status symbol. Some Armenians and middle easterns where I live will lease S Classes and 7-Series, as young as in their 20s-30s.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
On a very unrelated note, at a tire shop the advisor was telling me about how he used to own Lexus GS's and switched to BMW after Lexus stopped updating it and eventually discontinued it, and told me the ES is not a worthy replacement and is "just a Camry" yeah I know it's more of an Avalon but it still has that stigma.

At the Audi dealer I work at, I had a customer replace a 10 year old 100k mile GS350 with a Audi A6 because Lexus didn't have a worthy replacement for it.

I think the GS had a lot more "Lexus enthusiast" owners that were loyal to the brand, as opposed to the ES. That said, the ES sells like hot cakes so I guess it doesn't really matter, but the discontinuation of GS did lose Lexus a lot of loyal customers I think.