Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If we have a next-gen ES500h(only makes sense since we have a Crown Hybrid Max), I don't see where that leaves room for an IS500h on the same platform.

GA-K underpins everything from the RAV4 to the Crown to the Sienna, so size really isn’t an issue. A compact IS and a midsize ES are completely plausible on the same platform, just like Toyota already does.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
GA-K underpins everything from the RAV4 to the Crown to the Sienna, so size really isn’t an issue. A compact IS and a midsize ES are completely plausible on the same platform, just like Toyota already does.
Every other car (CUV) on that platform sells in big numbers. Sedans not, so having two sedans will just split that volume for two models. FWD ES yet looks good because it is a long car, short IS will look terrible with long front overhang, some here (including me) already can’t support the longer front overhang of IS 500. I do believe a number of buyers own IS not for it being RWD, should it become FWD, sales will drop even more, so no point making it.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yea we'll get HEV or PHEV version (whichever it is) but GT3 will get gas TTV8. I hope this V8 is good they've been developing this since before 2020, and likely will be revealed 2025 gives them 5< years to make this good.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Yea we'll get HEV or PHEV version (whichever it is) but GT3 will get gas TTV8. I hope this V8 is good they've been developing this since before 2020, and likely will be revealed 2025 gives them 5< years to make this good.
Yup, 2025 looks promising! Wish I would be able to afford it! Hopefully we could see this V8 in other models...

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Hydrogen infrastructure is still not there yet, my 2021 Mirai has only done 8000 miles. The car is nice, but refueling is a nightmare.
Well Japan is investing a lot in hydrogen and it might make sense for the japanese market.
There are already rumours about crown sedan having an fcev powertrain so most likely parts of europe might get them too