Official 7th Generation ES Thread: Full Reveal on 4/25 in Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I knew that, but I found out by accident, when researching a March 2016 Kaizen Factor story titled What markets will Lexus enter next?. After discussing what I felt were the 4 new markets Lexus was most likely to enter (Turkey, India, Mexico and Cambodia), I delved into other possibilities, which included this passage:

Balkans, not Baltic, big difference :). There was a lexus dealer in Bosnia but closed, also Lexus Croatia closed few years ago and softly reopened this year.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Balkans, not Baltic, big difference :). There was a lexus dealer in Bosnia but closed, also Lexus Croatia closed few years ago and softly reopened this year.
:dizzy: Yikes! I'm embarrassed to have made such a silly mistake. Thank you for pointing it out. I just fixed the original story.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
:dizzy: Yikes! I'm embarrassed to have made such a silly mistake. Thank you for pointing it out. I just fixed the original story.

no biggie... I often check all sales stats around the world, it is a hobby these days since I dont work in automotive anymore, and I find it interesting that in quite few markets where Toyota sells really well, Lexus barely sells anything. I would guess cars like UX and ES might change that in the future.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Why doesn't Lexus say that it is the next-gen ES? They just said it's a new global debut.

This may be a stretch, but what if Lexus is debuting an all-new nameplate to replace both the GS and ES? A car that is a mix of both models: dynamics of GS, size of ES, FWD and less powerful engine options to appeal to ES buyers, etc.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
No, he’s right. This new line replacing both the ES and GS is going to be called the Lexus BS.

:joy:
Oh, that takes me back! In mid-2005, real, honest-to-God rumors started of a Lexus BS line. No April Fools' joke, this would've been a RWD, C-segment hatchback to directly rival BMW's 1-Series. After multiple accounts of the rumors, I felt compelled to write a commentary piece for my.IS in December 2005. Sadly, this never came true, instead morphing into the much less compelling CT.

Reactions
Oh, that takes me back! In mid-2005, real, honest-to-God rumors started of a Lexus BS line. No April Fools' joke, this would've been a RWD, C-segment hatchback to directly rival BMW's 1-Series. After multiple accounts of the rumors, I felt compelled to write a commentary piece for my.IS in December 2005. Sadly, this never came true, instead morphing into the much less compelling CT.

Mannn that was some BS from Lexus...... : unamused:

supra93

Expert
Reactions
2019-Lexus-ES-2.jpg

April 17, 2018

BEIJING—The all-new ES springs from a reimagined luxury equation. Engaging design, athletic performance, and renowned refinement transform Lexus’s most popular sedan. The all-new #LexusES. Reborn. #ExperienceAmazing

Lexus' passion for brave design, imaginative technology, and exhilarating performance enables the luxury lifestyle brand to create amazing experiences for its customers. Lexus began its journey in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since then, Lexus has developed its lineup to meet the needs of global luxury customers in more than 90 countries. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 240 dealers offering a full lineup of luxury vehicles. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers six F SPORT models and two F performance models. Lexus is committed to being a visionary brand that anticipates the future for luxury customers.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/the+all+new+es+trans+for+the+world.htm

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
Honestly WTH is that trunk spoiler, so bulky and out of place.
Why cut out the door like that from the C pillar, look so weird, just make the chrome thiner and move the cut out a little bit back and the whole door could come out. How many people really consider chrome as luxury? It looks so cheap.

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I will wait and won't judging it until 25th but my first impressions so far towards Avalon of compared to this

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Mini-LS. This looks to be a home run for Lexus. I hope they will introduce the ES to the European market.

The stance and detailing makes it look both sporty and elegant at the same time. More successful than the LS in showing these conflicting identities.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Looks good to me so far. I think the interior has to be a big step up from the current generation though and I expect that it will be.

Reactions: RAL

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The side profile/greenhouse view in the teaser video disappointed me. Reminds me of the Genesis G80 or, worse, the outgoing 5th-gen (L33) Nissan Altima.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I like it. Lexus press photos are almost always awful (remember when we thought the UX was blah, and then real photos came out and it was actually pretty great?) but even here this does a good job of conveying both "mini-LS" and continuity from the previous ES. Definitely won't scare Granny, and they'll sell zillions.

Status
Not open for further replies.